My grandad designed a space shuttle

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

As the Belfast based Northern Bank featured it on their five pound note perhaps it was @Jacksgranda who designed a space shuttle

Last time I went to Belfast there were "Welcome to the City that Built the Titanic!" posters everywhere as you arrived. It wasn't that long after the Good Friday agreement so I'm not sure if it was diversionary or ironic.

I have to travel down to Kent unfortunately in the new year for my uncle's funeral. So I can finally tell this ditty without threat of being thrown in the tower. Back in the 60s he worked for the security services. His brother (My old man) was a bit of a tree hugging, protesting, lefty back then. The terrorist threat in the 60s being communism entailed that my uncle actually had my dad on one of his 'files".

Fortunately my dad was never assassinated.

He has never voted tory though and is now an Arbroath supporter, after moving to Scotland in 1966.

For a supposed commy Englishman his best ever memory at a football match he tells me, was when Jim Baxter played keepy up at Wembley in 1967 when Scotland became the new world champions.