Dundee Utd v Motherwell Boxing Day

41 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

On a side-note, the Arabzone commentators are fucking horrendous! Can you please stop screaming stuff like “THATS A PENALTY, THATS A PENALTY” when it’s not a penalty?

They were terrible for that. Not sure what was more frustrating, the performance or the snooker-esque commentary.

After watching the highlights this morning, I was pleasantly surprised at the referee awarding an indirect free kick after Carson held on to the ball for too long.

It’s a rule that isn’t enforced enough in my opinion and not clamping down on it just encourages time wasting.

Edited by AJF

52 minutes ago, AJF said:

After watching the highlights this morning, I was pleasantly surprised at the referee awarding an indirect free kick after Carson held on to the ball for too long.

It’s a rule that isn’t enforced enough in my opinion and not clamping down on it just encourages time wasting.

It's a rule which is never enforced, let alone often enough.

What was bizarre about it, was that it wasn't even a particularly egregious breaking of the rule - you often see keepers holding on for double the length of time Carson did.

12 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I can understand with the nature of the equaliser.

But, big picture, you managed to get a draw away to a side streets ahead of you. I reckon motherwell fans woulx have snapped someones hand off for a point before ko.

Sorry, I meant we are all candidates

4 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

But, big picture, you managed to get a draw away to a side streets ahead of you. I reckon motherwell fans woulx have snapped someones hand off for a point before ko.

come on what GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

There are two good sides in the league. There are two decent sides in the league and there's eight pretty shite ones. Dundee Utd are, currently, the least shite of the pretty shite teams. They are certainly not "streets ahead" of anyone in the division. 

Edited by Desp

5 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Bit of a stretch there, tbh.

27 minutes ago, Desp said:

come on what GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

There are two good sides in the league. There are two decent sides in the league and there's eight pretty shite ones. Dundee Utd are, currently, the least shite of the pretty shite teams. They are certainly not "streets ahead" of anyone in the division. 

Agreed. It's a massive dropoff between 4th and the rest of the league.

5 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I cannot believe we got a point away to Dundee United. 

That has made my year. Right up there with us winning the Scottish cup and participating in the Champions League qualifiers. 

Based on what I saw yesterday I am genuinely surprised United are not top of the league. They will be soon enough. 

So jealous of United fans. Watching an invincible side week after week. You lucky barsteward Mvondo. 

Trying far, far too hard.

Enjoy the point lads. I can only imagine what the scenes back in motherwell would have been like if not for lockdown.

Could be the difference between staying up or going down this year. You just never know.

Fwiw i reckon tommy robinson will do his job and you will be playing premiership football next year.

Edited by Mvondo_the_great