Dundee Utd v Motherwell Boxing Day

I see the weather forecast is for heavy rain and strong winds. Might be what is required for us to sh1tfest our way to a narrow win. 

We have lost quite a few games 1-0 this season where whilst trying to be unbiased there was little between the teams. It would be great if we could do similar here. 

Uniteds attacking options are the better of the two but with 2 International defenders I would like to think we have the edge there. It would also be nice if Siegrist could stop pulling off very good saves. So probably hoping for a lot....

I am in a positive frame of mind and will predict a narrow away win. Not based on anything in particular and certainly not recent form. 

Edited by welldaft

Same starting lineup, same formation, same tactics, same intensity and hopefully same result.  Seven points from this and the previous two games would be huge for us.

I’ve always enjoyed the Boxing Day fixture and hope it’s an enjoyable game.

Belated Merry Christmas to all P&B Arabs and to our friends from Motherwell too.

Bit of bad timing for news of the covid points being suspended to break on the morning of a game. 

Will our new, more precarious league position have an effect on the players mindset and mentality.? Wil Robinson change his gameplan to aiming for a draw instead of trying to shitfest a win in the hope of getting any point possible on the board to claw our way back up the table? 

Who knows, but as always we will end up masters of our own downfall, through our powderpuff front line and the catastrophe that is our defence. 

1-0 Utd, with Lamie getting an assist. 

Im not disappointed with the outcome of the appeal. Im just dissappointed with the time it has taken (and will still take) to get resolutioln in place. Its been over 2 months since the games should have been played and we wony know the outcome until 3 months after the that date. If we have to play something like 4 games in 8 days then i would be extremely disappointed.

Anyway, onto todays game. I really do hope we can manage a shit feast 1-0 victory. We need some joy which can hopefully push us forward for the rest of the season. I just cant see who will score that goal however.

I predict a 1-0 victory, with my hearts saying motherwell and my head saying Dundee United.

Edited by Phillips455