Dundee Utd v Motherwell Boxing Day

Lots of chances missed, but again, bewildering sub.

If you're taking Lang off, who was fairly mobile and creating chances (albeit missing them as well), why replace him with White and change our game to essentially long balls to the target man at the corrner flag?

Heard Pawlett was coming on. Ok good. For Robson? Oh FFS!

A point we didn’t deserve, but welcome.

On a side-note, the Arabzone commentators are fucking horrendous! Can you please stop screaming stuff like “THATS A PENALTY, THATS A PENALTY” when it’s not a penalty?

8 minutes ago, Richie said:

Lots of chances missed, but again, bewildering sub.

If you're taking Lang off, who was fairly mobile and creating chances (albeit missing them as well), why replace him with White and change our game to essentially long balls to the target man at the corrner flag?

White did nothing particularly wrong, but he changes the shape, the mindset the dynamic and not in a good way.

Happy to see Cornelius get some game time but not at a point where we are gaining our first win in a while, Maguire was the man to use.

So, Cole on, Maguire on, see the game out, 3 points.

Far less convincing than the Killie game.  Was impressed that Motherwell could play five at the back yet still play so high up the park and put us under pressure.

Lucky to get a point imo but could have stole all three at the end.

Five points from the last three is pretty decent.

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I didn't think United played that badly over all. Well had the legs over us most of the match though so whatever we were trying didn't come off. 

Goal was shite to give away in the first place, should have won that. 

Gifted a lot of chances to Motherwell but I'll take that if it means we're at least trying to play. Very good from Fuchs today, pretty good from McMullan, the front pair and Clark when he came on.  I think we're close to being a half decent team.

A welcome point but a tough watch at times. As i mentioned at ht, shooting downhill with the wind behind us second half yet their keeper barely had a touch. I was always coached to be having shots from around the box in those conditions and make the keeper work. We just didnt do it at all. And we barely put a decent cross in the whole match either. Frustrated despite picking up what looked like an unlikely point

Agree with previous posts, should have taken at least one of the other good chances we had, but piss poor finishing and game management is again our undoing. 

White is simply the new Fisher, and will leave Fir Park having never scored for us. Cole as a more like for like change with Lang should have been the sub made. The shape would have stayed the same and he could have held the ball for us at the top end of the park. White has offered the square root of f**k all in any of his appearances. 

Some suspect defending in the build up to the Utd goal, with Lamie among those culpable yet again. When will we ever learn? Sore one to drop points from what should have been a much more commanding position. 

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I didn't watch the game but White over Cole seems like an utterly insane sub to me. It's not like they're different types of players or anything, they're both big lumps of centre forwards just Cole is actually quite good at it and White isn't.

I typed that last week