St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 30/12/20

39 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I mean, that's a fair sweeping generalisation. I bet there are fans of all teams whose activity on here ebbs and flows a bit, especially when their team's a bit shit.

And also because they have jobs/lives. 

Anyway, would love to think we could sneak another win here but it's probably unlikely. A point would be great I'd be happy with a good performance. As much as I hate to admit it, Rangers are a very good side right now.

Good to see we've been able to rotate the team recently. Obika, Connolly and Mason to come back in for me. Erwin, Morais and McAllister to drop to the bench. 

The Blue bigots aren't going to make the same mistake twice.

They'll start with their strongest team, rather than play the likes of Eeyore Bassey at left back getting his arse handed to him on a plate.

A hugely testing game for us. 

3 hours ago, bennett said:

You slate Rangers fans because some bears weren't happy with St Johnstone's price of £17.50 yet you refused to pay Livingstons PPV price because it was £20.

Do as I say,  not as I do.....

I love it when The New Rangers fans refer to each other as bears. I imagine them to be all cute and cuddly, when they are really not. 

Carry on lads, sorry, bears. 🐻🐼

Anyone who reads the radar’s breakdowns will know that this game needs to be the game where we show how we either a) win with Tavernier being man marked or doubled up on, or b) show we know how to get him free of that.

If we can’t, then the outcome of the game is very uncertain and Celtic will almost definitely deploy the same tactics on Saturday.

Edited by G51

27 minutes ago, G51 said:

Anyone who reads the radar’s breakdowns will know that this game needs to be the game where we show how we either a) win with Tavernier being man marked or doubled up on, or b) show we know how to get him free of that.

If we can’t, then the outcome of the game is very uncertain and Celtic will almost definitely deploy the same tactics on Saturday.

Snuffing out the wingbacks is a good idea from the oppositions point of view, but doubling up leaves them exposed through the middle. Now would be the ideal time for Kent to return to form.

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I think we got McGregor up to about 8/10 on his rage-o-meter. I want to see him go full seethe mode.

Haha! Connolly was a bit physical last time, I cannae mind if he knocked into McGregor...but he seemed to wind him up a treat. Same again, please.

The good thing about having a team full of Irish boys is that it's easy for Jim to motivate them for this fixture! 🇮🇪 :guinness

32 minutes ago, TommyLeePwns said:

Snuffing out the wingbacks is a good idea from the oppositions point of view, but doubling up leaves them exposed through the middle. Now would be the ideal time for Kent to return to form.

Think you’ll see one of Arfield or Aribo (dependent on Arfield’s injury) playing a floating role that works into the space that’s freed up by the doubling up full back. Starts off with the usual 4-4-3, ends up being a 4-2-3-1 with Roofe leading the line, then Kent, Aribo, Morelos behind, with Kamara and Davis sitting deeper to cover the Saints midfield when Rangers are in possession. 

Cant see much beyond Rangers really pushing from kick off and attempting to overload their defence, if the first half hour is anything beyond 25% St Mirren possession I’d be surprised.

Think good use of subs will be key, Itten offers a presence in holding up the ball and playing the channels that we are normally overly reliant on Morelos for, obviously Hagi is in great form but don’t think he’ll start, but he does offer that trickyness and shooting from outside the box that stops teams being able to sit in deep comfortably.

On the Kent point, I think the role he’s been asked to play is similar to Firmino for Liverpool - but with some slight differences in terms of how high we play up the pitch. I don’t think he’s massively out of form, just think he’s the player two passes before an assist by design most games. Goal would do him good though.

Still, there are issues with how high Rangers play and susceptibility to counter attacks - the ball in behind our full backs followed by a quick diagonal to the back post has led to at least 5/13 goals we’ve conceded this season - Lang for Motherwell and Smith for Dundee United being good examples, the lad in the Europa who can’t have kids any more as well. Think it’s probably that there’s no perfect system and the cons are outweighed by the pros, but we’ve conceded nearly half of our total goals in December so it’s maybe starting to need addressed. 

14 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Think you’ll see one of Arfield or Aribo (dependent on Arfield’s injury) playing a floating role that works into the space that’s freed up by the doubling up full back. Starts off with the usual 4-4-3, ends up being a 4-2-3-1 with Roofe leading the line, then Kent, Aribo, Morelos behind, with Kamara and Davis sitting deeper to cover the Saints midfield when Rangers are in possession. 

Cant see much beyond Rangers really pushing from kick off and attempting to overload their defence, if the first half hour is anything beyond 25% St Mirren possession I’d be surprised.

Think good use of subs will be key, Itten offers a presence in holding up the ball and playing the channels that we are normally overly reliant on Morelos for, obviously Hagi is in great form but don’t think he’ll start, but he does offer that trickyness and shooting from outside the box that stops teams being able to sit in deep comfortably.

On the Kent point, I think the role he’s been asked to play is similar to Firmino for Liverpool - but with some slight differences in terms of how high we play up the pitch. I don’t think he’s massively out of form, just think he’s the player two passes before an assist by design most games. Goal would do him good though.

Still, there are issues with how high Rangers play and susceptibility to counter attacks - the ball in behind our full backs followed by a quick diagonal to the back post has led to at least 5/13 goals we’ve conceded this season - Lang for Motherwell and Smith for Dundee United being good examples, the lad in the Europa who can’t have kids any more as well. Think it’s probably that there’s no perfect system and the cons are outweighed by the pros, but we’ve conceded nearly half of our total goals in December so it’s maybe starting to need addressed. 

Referee Alan Muir your extra body in the middle of the park aye ?