St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 30/12/20

I was mainly livid to see Jack Ross suddenly talking about 'stonewall' penalties not being given. The two crucial handballs we weren't given against Hibs earlier in the season seemed to have escaped his notice.
I am livid when I see Jack Ross period. Sexy b*****d that he is [emoji174].

The headline on the STV article, like almost all of these articles, is pretty misleading. 

“In any game you are in you need an element of luck, you need certain decisions to go in your favour.

“You need the referees to get the big decisions right on the day and be brave enough to make those decisions.

“There has been one or two instances where there have been penalties that haven’t been awarded and you are hoping that those kinds of decisions don’t go against us tomorrow.

“I think I’m right in saying Rangers are the only team in the Premiership who haven’t had a penalty given against them and sometimes subconsciously it can play on the minds of officials."

It's not really particularly controversial what he's said, but" Manager hopes referee gets big decisions right" probably wouldn't have got as many clicks. 

2 minutes ago, truesaint said:

You are aware it is a 3pm kick off?

Was informed a wee while ago otherwise I'd have been checking for team news at 7pm tonight...:whistle

In my defence I was working Sat-Tues so was not really following the pre-match build up.

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The headline on the STV article, like almost all of these articles, is pretty misleading. 

“In any game you are in you need an element of luck, you need certain decisions to go in your favour.

“You need the referees to get the big decisions right on the day and be brave enough to make those decisions.

“There has been one or two instances where there have been penalties that haven’t been awarded and you are hoping that those kinds of decisions don’t go against us tomorrow.

“I think I’m right in saying Rangers are the only team in the Premiership who haven’t had a penalty given against them and sometimes subconsciously it can play on the minds of officials."

It's not really particularly controversial what he's said, but" Manager hopes referee gets big decisions right" probably wouldn't have got as many clicks. 

I think the majority of his comments would’ve been fine if he hadn’t said referees need to be brave enough to make the decisions. I don’t normally have an issue with a manager playing the game a bit but I think that moves it away from just saying “I hope they get the decisions right”.

I think the majority of his comments would’ve been fine if he hadn’t said referees need to be brave enough to make the decisions. I don’t normally have an issue with a manager playing the game a bit but I think that moves it away from just saying “I hope they get the decisions right”.
Dallas was certainly brave enough to award 4 penalties against us.

It's interesting to see how JG is becoming far more media savy.  Just a word or two about the blatant favoritism shown to TTFKAR and he has controlled the narrative and pre-match MSM/Social Media traffic.  

Saints legend as a player, club captain and manager.  

As for the game, i have the fear.  SG for all his faults is a dyed in the wool football man.  Us pumping them out of the cup and robbing him of his first piece of silverware will have hurt him like f**k.  He will be out to put that right.  Goodwin knows whats at stake here and I think that we'll be set up to have a real go at them, if we can get the ball out to Obika, play an expansive manouverest game, the Irish lads are as motivated as the other night and we get the rub of the green then we'll do well.  

Head says we're in for a pumping, and as I've said before i dont mind losing 0-3 to either of the arses as long as we don't roll over and allow them to have all the possession and play shootie-in for 90 minutes like we did last time at Ibrox.  

Heart says we'll do the Christmas Double over them and the Goodwin memes will be amazing...  

Penalty whataboutery aside, this is going to be a very difficult game for us. Even on an "off day", the blue bigots will have periods of sustained pressure and they have players who can punish teams even when not at their best.

Us keeping the ball, when we get it, will be hugely important. We need to stop giving the ball away too cheaply and help take the pressure off the defence.

If Morelos is playing deeper than usual, then the contest between him and JDH could be interesting. JDH seems to be quite good at winding players up on the q.t.

Defeat by a couple of goals is the most likely outcome, but a draw would be a welcome surprise..

Need them to have an off day and for us to be at our best. Can't see it happening twice unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong but they will be fired up after losing in the cup, which was apparently in the bag. 3 away games and this game showing once again we get shafted in the festive fixtures.

45 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

It's interesting to see how JG is becoming far more media savy.  Just a word or two about the blatant favoritism shown to TTFKAR and he has controlled the narrative and pre-match MSM/Social Media traffic.  

Saints legend as a player, club captain and manager.  

As for the game, i have the fear.  SG for all his faults is a dyed in the wool football man.  Us pumping them out of the cup and robbing him of his first piece of silverware will have hurt him like f**k.  He will be out to put that right.  Goodwin knows whats at stake here and I think that we'll be set up to have a real go at them, if we can get the ball out to Obika, play an expansive manouverest game, the Irish lads are as motivated as the other night and we get the rub of the green then we'll do well.  

Head says we're in for a pumping, and as I've said before i dont mind losing 0-3 to either of the arses as long as we don't roll over and allow them to have all the possession and play shootie-in for 90 minutes like we did last time at Ibrox.  

Heart says we'll do the Christmas Double over them and the Goodwin memes will be amazing...  

These mind games have backfired on managers before, you could see refs thinking twice now before giving a 50/50 decision.