Ayr defeat to Morton

While performances and obviously results have improved since Hopkin left, we've still had some clear flaws to exploit and this is a big test of how much improving we've done versus just being clinical without actually being any good and riding our luck.

Despite the hilarious collapse of Ayr's defence at Cappielow and their ongoing problems since, Cammy Smith ran riot for most of that game with no one getting near him and they should have been more than 2-0 up before their seven minute meltdown. Scoring three goals v Hearts is another indication that they still carry a big attacking threat, so seeing how the midfield (particularly with the continued absence of Jacobs) and defence cope is going to be telling.

If we can keep increasing the gap on the bottom three that's fine by me.

Ring the changes Mark Kerr

Sinisalo

Houston Baird Muirhead Reading

Kerr Murdoch

McCowan Walsh Smith

Moffat

Kerr said before yesterday's game that he'd played two lots of 90 minutes in reserve games over the last couple of weeks to make sure he's ready to come in with lots of games coming up. Him and Murdoch we're brilliant in middle of park under McCall and when he came on against Stranraer he made better forward passes in 5 minutes than anyone else had in previous 85, think he underestimates impact he could still have.

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Temperature tonight and tomorrow night is around or just below 0 so the pitch if playable is going to be in some state I think. Hoof the ball up to Moff or Anderson emoji7.png

Bring on a hoofball contest m8, we're fresh off 18 months of Hopkinball.

And you didn't exactly cope well with it in the last ten minutes of the last meeting.

19 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
1 hour ago, virginton said:
Bring on a hoofball contest m8, we're fresh off 18 months of Hopkinball.
And you didn't exactly cope well with it in the last ten minutes of the last meeting.

Don't think you are aware we have played more longballs than anyone this season bar Arbroath.

I'm not aware of that because it's utter bollocks, but feel free to try that winning strategy against our bunch of shitfesters midweek. We'll just shell it right back into your box like the Cappielow game and let comedy win the day again.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm not aware of that because it's utter bollocks, but feel free to try that winning strategy against our bunch of shitfesters midweek. We'll just shell it right back into your box like the Cappielow game and let comedy win the day again.

Did you just admit to not knowing something?

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Office

Yet to be defeated at home is what we can cling to for now.  I'd take freezing away at a 0-0 draw if you offered me it the now.  Team will need some changes as well given the space between the games:

LINEUP111609167055917.png

If Walsh is fully fit then I'm feeling confident that we can get a result here. Otherwise, a much stronger defensive performance (by every defender) is a must and regardless of whether Walsh plays or not. I do wonder however if Kerr is thinking of rotating the midfielders?      

On 26/12/2020 at 21:40, itzdrk said:

How many goals will the 'Ton' score? 

Don’t know, but it almost certainly won’t be as many as Ayr...

Complication is that, if Saturday’s game had gone ahead, we’d probably be making three or four changes here; as it is, we’re likely to be very close to the team that beat QoS.

I’ll go 2-1 Ayr and be delighted if we can scramble that back to a 1-1.

On 27/12/2020 at 10:06, Dunning1874 said:

While performances and obviously results have improved since Hopkin left, we've still had some clear flaws to exploit and this is a big test of how much improving we've done versus just being clinical without actually being any good and riding our luck.

Despite the hilarious collapse of Ayr's defence at Cappielow and their ongoing problems since, Cammy Smith ran riot for most of that game with no one getting near him and they should have been more than 2-0 up before their seven minute meltdown. Scoring three goals v Hearts is another indication that they still carry a big attacking threat, so seeing how the midfield (particularly with the continued absence of Jacobs) and defence cope is going to be telling.

If we can keep increasing the gap on the bottom three that's fine by me.

I wouldn't worry about that as our midfield have looked cream crackered recently.