Ayr defeat to Morton

I’d really like to see Anderson with Walsh behind him. I think he could be the one to get up help and support, which would make a difference for Anderson who is completely isolated when he is played. I’d also maybe move Moffat in to a centre mid role he can really dictate play there and means we aren’t relying on him for goals which unfortunately he hasn’t been doing as often as he used to

15 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I watched the match on Ayr Utd TV as a Birthday present. I was gutted The Ton didn't win especially as I had Nesbitt and 2-1 win to make Me a few quid. However I really enjoyed the match and thought both teams gave everything they had to try and get the 3 points. I thought Nesbitt, Lyon, Strapp, Kerr & McCowan all played well. Morton were well organised and Ayr tried to play football. I've always loved Somerset Park as an iconic football ground like Cappielow so it was a great setting for My Birthday match. Luke McCowan is also my best pal's grandson so I'll try not to take it too badly!

In amongst all the misery on here this is the best post of the evening by a mile.  

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Moffat is having a bit of a mare by his high standards tonight. I'd consider subbing him for Anderson or Walsh.

As much as I “love” him for his goals over the years, I think he’s been piss poor this season on the whole. Saying that the same could be said of all our attacking options 

Baird and Chalmers have been big disappointments as well. How Baird got captaincy I’ll never know 

A bit of a frustrating night but certainly a good, competitive game.  Morton were good from the off and faded, we initially struggled with the intensity of their play due to our slow nature but getting the equaliser settled us.  Thought we were good value in the second half and thought Dario had a good cameo too, the game had become too disjointed before Walsh came on to really get involved.  

I thought Moff was no at it tonight (nor on Boxing Day) so I'd be tempted to bring him out for Saturday.  The issue there is bringing Anderson in, the last move of the night summed his spell up perfectly, good movement to get free in the box but as soon as the ball comes he's making a run away from it and it comes to nothing, desperately needs a goal.  I wouldn't bother playing myself again if I was Kerr either, the old magic was long gone on tonight's showing, although he was better in movement and tackling than Miller is in there. 

I liked when Aiden Nisbet had a temper tantrum in the second half, he'd been open for a pass a few times and the ball was getting launched out for throw ins, he basically just called everyone behind him useless dicks (not a quote) and telt them to give him the ball.  After being a bit concerned for them early in the season I think Morton will be fine, might stumble into the playoffs but will be mid table at worst IMO. 

Draw was a fair result in the end. We never really kicked on after a promising 1st half and Ayr improved, without causing us too many problems.

Moffat and Smith were kept relatively quiet and that's a credit to our back 4 who looked solid again.

I fancied Ayr for top 4 at the start of the season and they still have a decent chance as they have quality going forward. Hoping we won't be far away either, defensively we are fine, just need to create and convert more.

Credit to the guys doing the stream btw,  very balanced, praised some of Morton's play and enjoyed their input overall. Liked the instant replays too. Good setup.