Ayr defeat to Morton

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We are mid table dross now, we've found our level.

Could be lower if Alloa and QOS currently winning tonight remains the same.

Would put us 3 points off 8th and only 6 off 9th.

We could very well be 7th tonight if Inverness and Dundee win

Edited by rb123!

A draw probably a fair result in the end up. Thought we were going to go on and score another until the Ayr equalizer, which has to go down to a goal-keeping error.

McAdams is a young keeper who has done well since he came in so I suppose with his inexperience h's going to gift a goal at some point. 

Team playing well enough, but we still need to find that bit of composure in our final ball at times. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wouldn’t sack Kerr but if there isn’t an improvement between now and the seasons end then we should obviously be parting ways in the summer.

If there isn't an improvement soon then we'll most likely be facing a relegation battle.

Thought we had a bit more control tonight but didn't create nearly enough although Morton take the plaudits for that.

A draw was definitely a fair result, Morton are a big strong well organised side and they made it very difficult for us yet always looked a threat when they came forward, can't say I'm overjoyed but by the same token a point is far from a disaster and ultimately we still look on course for a 4th to 7th place finish (as do Morton) which is probably fair enough in relation to our budgets.

38 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I thought we played pretty well 2nd half compared to first.  Tried to keep it on the deck and played the way I'd expect rather than just shelling it - no final ball or finish though.   I'm all in favour of getting an artificial surface at Somerset I have to say.   Can't play the way we try tonight on a park as bubbly as that.   

Park was absolutely shocking , it is not flat in any significant areas 

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Thought we had a bit more control tonight but didn't create nearly enough although Morton take the plaudits for that.

A draw was definitely a fair result, Morton are a big strong well organised side and they made it very difficult for us yet always looked a threat when they came forward, can't say I'm overjoyed but by the same token a point is far from a disaster and ultimately we still look on course for a 4th to 7th place finish (as do Morton) which is probably fair enough in relation to our budgets.

To be honest I don’t think our side is any worse than Dunfermline’s or Dundee’s on paper. We should be challenging for second. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

To be honest I don’t think our side is any worse than Dunfermline’s or Dundee’s on paper. We should be challenging for second. 

Looking at our playing squad on paper I'd agree with you, however our current form and lack of a consistent playing style / identity does make me think we could be heading for mid table mediocrity, the bobbly state of our pitch obviously doesn't help either.

Having said that, if we can get Walsh fully fit and extend Cammy Smith's contract then who knows ??

I watched the match on Ayr Utd TV as a Birthday present. I was gutted The Ton didn't win especially as I had Nesbitt and 2-1 win to make Me a few quid. However I really enjoyed the match and thought both teams gave everything they had to try and get the 3 points. I thought Nesbitt, Lyon, Strapp, Kerr & McCowan all played well. Morton were well organised and Ayr tried to play football. I've always loved Somerset Park as an iconic football ground like Cappielow so it was a great setting for My Birthday match. Luke McCowan is also my best pal's grandson so I'll try not to take it too badly!