Celtic v Dundee United

Best results so far for United today haven't been at Parkhead.

Celtic easily deserved to win. A consolation penalty would have been nice. From the BBC statistics, Celtic committed 11 fouls (no bookings), United 5 fouls (2 bookings). Thought McGregor should have been booked for a first half foul on Clark, and maybe another player who I didn't recognise on the stream. Pawlett and Liam Smith had justified cautions.

Our midfield will probably be OK against opposition of our level but against a decent side it’s just not at the races.

Maybe it’s just as well Fuchs wasn’t playing today, we’ll unleash him at the next home fixture against Celtic.

We’re incredibly still fifth and couldn’t drop below seventh when this round is played out.

The tropical paradise that is Pittodrie on Saturday.

Apart from Fuchs our entire midfield needs replaced at some point. Harkes is out of his depth, Pawlett just doesn’t have anything left and Powers is far too slow. I’d keep Butcher as an impact player when we need to hold a lead or we want to stuff the the middle of the park, but I believe most of our issues this season stem from our midfield and the inability to hold the ball or use possession in a meaningful way.

Apparently Fuchs is out for a few weeks, which is a real blow. I’d be tempted to see how Neilson worked alongside him but I wouldn’t trust anyone else to help Neilson enough to give him a start if Fuchs is out.