Celtic v Dundee United

57 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Apart from Fuchs our entire midfield needs replaced at some point. Harkes is out of his depth, Pawlett just doesn’t have anything left and Powers is far too slow. I’d keep Butcher as an impact player when we need to hold a lead or we want to stuff the the middle of the park, but I believe most of our issues this season stem from our midfield and the inability to hold the ball or use possession in a meaningful way.

Apparently Fuchs is out for a few weeks, which is a real blow. I’d be tempted to see how Neilson worked alongside him but I wouldn’t trust anyone else to help Neilson enough to give him a start if Fuchs is out.

Merry Christmas.  Did the wee lad have a good time?

Pretty pleased with that today. Genuinely loving Soro in our midfield just so mobile and just looks genuinely happy to be playing football. A real shame he will probably dropped for Saturday for Brown.

Edouard getting a goal from open play is a positive and Davie Turnbull is fast becoming by far my favourite player to watch on the ball, can’t believe I’ve been so ignorant to just how good this boy is, paid him very little notice when he was at Motherwell.

In a better place going into Saturday however still many questions to be answered 

A few quick points from my perspective;

Thought Bitton's shove on McNulty was a penalty.

Why did McNulty not put his laces through it at his good chance just after half time?

Couple of Celtic players committed very similar fouls to Smith and Pawlett yet escaped a booking.

The first half was summed up with Pawlett's effort on goal Vs Celtic's efforts from outside the box.

Interesting that Shankland was subbed.

Oh for a player like Frimpong on our books

Edited by Steven W

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Apart from Fuchs our entire midfield needs replaced at some point. Harkes is out of his depth, Pawlett just doesn’t have anything left and Powers is far too slow. I’d keep Butcher as an impact player when we need to hold a lead or we want to stuff the the middle of the park, but I believe most of our issues this season stem from our midfield and the inability to hold the ball or use possession in a meaningful way.

Apparently Fuchs is out for a few weeks, which is a real blow. I’d be tempted to see how Neilson worked alongside him but I wouldn’t trust anyone else to help Neilson enough to give him a start if Fuchs is out.

This.

Butcher to be deployed in midfield, as you say, when we need to block everything up.

Id still like to see him back at centre half. 

The others should be melted down and sold for glue.

Merry Christmas.  Did the wee lad have a good time?

And to you. He did! At the age where everything is much more exciting for him and he is fully aware of Christmas. Also means Santa can now bring him gifts that Dad can play with too!