Cancel the season?

14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The LF tests are garbage. My wife was feeling ill last week and took one of those which came up negative. She got a bit worse and then I felt rubbish. We both went for the swab test last Wednesday which came back positive. We still had one LF test at home so I took it on Friday and it showed negative. Not sure if there are different types but these ones are pointless.

On the point that there may still be a chance for matches to restart, what if the SG give the go ahead? Do the clubs who were taking part HAVE to restart or do they have they option to can it? Can see plenty of them having no appetite to cram all those games in, especially in the lower leagues.

In the discussion with the Cowdenbeath and Forfar managers they were saying some teams would have to play 10 games in a 3 week period. Both agreed that this was a farcical situation to put teams in. 

10 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

In the discussion with the Cowdenbeath and Forfar managers they were saying some teams would have to play 10 games in a 3 week period. Both agreed that this was a farcical situation to put teams in. 

Does seem a lot to go through. Only those with a chance of winning the leagues will have any motivation.

19 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Presumably those to be used at football would be the 30 mins ones. Worthless.

Be amazed if penalties were imposed after the enforced lay off. Glensmad, what's the story pal?

No the 30 minutes ones are the ones that the NHS use for nurses and doctors so I'm sure they are the ones we can count on but then again, the fight against Covid is changing daily

Be amazed if penalties were imposed after the enforced lay off. Glensmad, what's the story pal?
If an SGM is called under the terms of the current constitution, any existing rule can be changed if a majority of the clubs agree.

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

If an SGM is called under the terms of the current constitution, any existing rule can be changed if a majority of the clubs agree.

So the clubs that withdrew earlier in the season could vote against any change and thus punish clubs that wish to change the rules and withdraw now?

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Teams are allowed to train in groups of 15 maximum without any requirement for testing.

Due to the travel restrictions, though, it is unknown how many teams are actually training.

A bit like you can meet up with your pal across the road as long as you don't cross it to get to him.

Not many I believe as quite a few teams have a mix of players in different council authorities who are not allowed to travel into a different council area unless the SFA ruling that allowed LL, EOSFL,  SOSFL, WOSFL players to travel to football training and games is still relevant
Players cannot travel across LA boundaries to attend non-contact training, so I'd imagine most won't bother.

The SFA are trying to persuade the SG to allow LFT to get back playing, but that comes at a cost. Will clubs with nothing to play for shell out £250+ a game just to get to halfway?

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Players cannot travel across LA boundaries to attend non-contact training, so I'd imagine most won't bother.

The SFA are trying to persuade the SG to allow LFT to get back playing, but that comes at a cost. Will clubs with nothing to play for shell out £250+ a game just to get to halfway?

No and they can't be forced to. Surely the rules at the start of the season regarding penalties for non completion didn't allow for this sort of financial outlay and so should not be enforced.

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As far as I'm aware after chatting to a lot of managers and committee people of clubs, I've not heard anyone regret continuing playing this season, most say its been an excellent and worthwhile season so far, until lockdown started.  Suppose only teams who would say that are teams who have been pumped a lot and languishing at the bottom of their respective leagues. I thought the standard of play was good , especially in the WOSFL premier division and kept fans interested in how their team is progressing.

Well I don’t think that anyone is going to say that they’ve enjoyed competing this season.

Personally I think it’s a bit bizarre to think that matters have been well handled.

I think an awful lot of people have forgotten that the at any level of the game it’s about enjoyment. 
Nobody has enjoyed this season. 

No and they can't be forced to. Surely the rules at the start of the season regarding penalties for non completion didn't allow for this sort of financial outlay and so should not be enforced.
There has been no suggestion whatsoever of clubs being forced to pay for tests to enable the season to be completed.

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:
25 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

There has been no suggestion whatsoever of clubs being forced to pay for tests to enable the season to be completed.

Exactly. If this was a requirement the clubs wouldn't be forced to comply. I'm backing you up.

54 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Surely if it is a requirement that clubs must test their players all clubs across the divisions would have to agree to it for the season to continue. 

The leagues cannot continue with only the clubs that are prepared to pay for the tests

1 hour ago, Malty Guy said:

Well I don’t think that anyone is going to say that they’ve enjoyed competing this season.

Personally I think it’s a bit bizarre to think that matters have been well handled.

I think an awful lot of people have forgotten that the at any level of the game it’s about enjoyment. 
Nobody has enjoyed this season. 

My opinion is I disagree, I know many teams who are still happy that they continued and that's direct from chairmen, coaching staff and players, all the ones whom I've asked.  My view is purely about with WOSFL teams whom continued or withdrawal this season, I'm not talking about the EOSFL, SOS or the LL who have paused due to lockdown.
I will say the same of the ones whom have withdraw, they are happy they withdrew

I think people will believe what they want to believe unless its fact but in realty coming near the end when the lockdown started, that would piss everyone off but 100% behind the lockdown and reasons of.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Surely if it is a requirement that clubs must test their players all clubs across the divisions would have to agree to it for the season to continue. 
The leagues cannot continue with only the clubs that are prepared to pay for the tests
Correct

Interesting to see how the English clubs deal with things now, reading most websites it seems that most clubs can't afford the testing AND are against playing without spectators and the match day income. The FA have stopped the National League North/South clubs staging a mini league so isn't it just better to cancel this season for good ? Give everyone a chance to prepare for 21/22.

Interesting to see how the English clubs deal with things now, reading most websites it seems that most clubs can't afford the testing AND are against playing without spectators and the match day income. The FA have stopped the National League North/South clubs staging a mini league so isn't it just better to cancel this season for good ? Give everyone a chance to prepare for 21/22.
The WoSFL have set out the parameters required for the season to be cancelled.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The LF tests are garbage. My wife was feeling ill last week and took one of those which came up negative. She got a bit worse and then I felt rubbish. We both went for the swab test last Wednesday which came back positive. We still had one LF test at home so I took it on Friday and it showed negative. Not sure if there are different types but these ones are pointless.

On the point that there may still be a chance for matches to restart, what if the SG give the go ahead? Do the clubs who were taking part HAVE to restart or do they have they option to can it? Can see plenty of them having no appetite to cram all those games in, especially in the lower leagues.

wishing a speedy recovery to both of you.

Hey guys question for you, as I understand it (correct me if I’m wrong) you’re not doing promotion or relegation this season between your divisions? Are you still putting a team forward for Playoffs if licenced? I appreciate this all depends on getting the leagues finished in some way and not Null and Void.

Hey guys question for you, as I understand it (correct me if I’m wrong) you’re not doing promotion or relegation this season between your divisions? Are you still putting a team forward for Playoffs if licenced? I appreciate this all depends on getting the leagues finished in some way and not Null and Void.
Yes, if the Premier Division reaches a conclusion then the Champions (if licensed) will be eligible for the play-offs.