Livingston v Ross County 9th Jan

24 minutes ago, Livi96 said:

Jet is some baller... shame he can’t run! Haven’t seen him win a header either but that was brilliant footwork. Robinson excellent again, was clean through when the ref pulled play back for a free kick too. And well done to Jack Hamilton for scoring in his first game back. Hope to see Forrest on the pitch more after that performance but with everyone playing well I don’t know who I’d take off. Looking forward to Aberdeen now... can we make it 9 in a row? 

Just realised if we do win against Aberdeen on Wednesday night, we go to Parkhead looking for 10 in a row :)

Not an easy game to watch. We started well but, after they levelled, it was pretty even and I dont think there was much in it. 

Frustrated that we still haven't noted that Donaldson very rarely loses out in the air but can be suspect with the ball on the ground and yet we continued with high balls in from set pieces.

Our substitutions really changed the matrix; up until the last fifteen a draw was probably a fair result; with Forrest; Emanuel Thomas and Hamilton on the pitch the whole dynamics change and I feel we deserved the result if but two goals is a little fortuitous.

One things for sure, County definitely showed they have the ability to stay up. There is quality in the team and there seemed to be the belief that they could get at least a point; even if that belief only seemed to last for an hour. My main question is whether Hughes' tactics really suits this particular team; that being said it seemed to be working with us for a while,

22 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

Just realised if we do win against Aberdeen on Wednesday night, we go to Parkhead looking for 10 in a row :)

Very fitting! Celtic’s recent covid positivity could be another thing that plays to our advantage 

Great run that you guys are on - really well done.
Question from me, I know Sibbald initially struggled but how is he playing at the moment ?
Cheers.
He's started most games recently and has been invaluable. Kept some really good players out of the team too. Hasn't scored many but does a lot of the donkey work in the middle of the park which is what we ask from our midfield tbh.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Question from me, I know Sibbald initially struggled but how is he playing at the moment ?
Cheers.

He's started most games recently and has been invaluable. Kept some really good players out of the team too. Hasn't scored many but does a lot of the donkey work in the middle of the park which is what we ask from our midfield tbh.

Cheers - loved him as a player for us. Really skilful with tremendous work rate - only thing he lacked was real pace.

40 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Holt had a sore one towards the end. Wouldn't be a huge surprise if he misses out on Wednesday. A shame as he's been in great form.

Might give him a chance to cement his place a bit. Will be a tough game though 

Cheers - loved him as a player for us. Really skilful with tremendous work rate - only thing he lacked was real pace.
Yeah he's not the quickest but gets into everything. We've used him on the left a bit recently where I think he's less effective. When he plays on the middle he links up so well with Josh Mullin and Nicky Devlin down the right which brings the best out in all 3 of them.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He's a really quality player. Currently playing the 'quarterback' role for us, coming out from the hole that opens up for us at right-back. Generally great passing (not his best game today) and good deliveries into the box. Also a tough tackler and grafter in midfield when necessary. 

Has played wide left for us as well this season and done ok there. Better in the middle of the park sitting now, I think. 

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

Livi: "play a slightly hopeful ball for Robinson to run onto"

County: *keystone Kops*

Played the same' hopeful' ball in our last few games and scored 3 times doing it, was through again doing the same ball over the top for Robbo to run onto when the ref pulled play back for a Livi foul too, and Robbo was again through to go for goal.

Wee Robbo is on fire just now.

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Cheers.

As has been mentioned, he's been on top of his game ths season, took him a while but he's been brilliant for us.

Thought Mullin was off his usual brilliant self today, crosses weren't anywhere near his usual standard, fantastic having a player like Forrest coming on to replace him, and have such influence in our 2nd and 3rd goals, think that's his first assist this season too, so good seeing he's added that to his game, as well as being our top scorer. Fair chuffed for Hammy scoring too, that'll do him the world of good, continuing his great form into the Premiership, East Fife fans will have been gutted seeing him on the score sheet, continues like that and i doubt he'll be going back on loan to them.

If there’s any consolation is that we matched Livi for a good hour and if we took our chances we could have been winning.  If we can continue to do that we could be okay. Livi are on a superb run and that’s what we should be looking to emulate.  There’s not a lot of difference, but it’s a substantial difference currently.

Livi will finish top 6 for sure and will be challenging for a European spot for the rest of the season.

But crikey can we have a centre half please?  The defence can’t keep giving away soft goals.  It’s just a re run of our last relegation season.  Working hard to get goals and then just conceding under pressure.  Imagine our right side now if we kept Mullin? 😭

1 minute ago, LogieLivi said:

Queens Park Rangers paid actual money to take Coll Donaldson off our hands.
Let that sink in.
Actual. Cold. Hard. Cash.

County probably paid more to sign him from ICT...

Donaldson is no where hear good enough for the Scottish top flight. This was established years ago. 

The Bible basher's weird hard on for exclusively signing bang average Caley players is going to see his club relegated yet again. 

That's before you even get to paying Draper god knows what to lie on the treatment table all year. And Vigurs, quite literally, trying to get set off every week. 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Donaldson is no where hear good enough for the Scottish top flight. This was established years ago. 

The Bible basher's weird hard on for exclusively signing bang average Caley players is going to see his club relegated yet again. 

That's before you even get to paying Draper god knows what to lie on the treatment table all year. And Vigurs, quite literally, trying to get set off every week. 

Are you on the sherry’s tonight?

And don’t take the Bible into it.

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:That's before you even get to paying Draper god knows what to lie on the treatment table all year. And Vigurs, quite literally, trying to get set off every week. 

Draper did well to secure us a point the other week with a goal all the way from the treatment table!

20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

...The Bible basher's weird hard on for exclusively signing bang average Caley players is going to see his club relegated yet again. ...

These signings are purely for the lols

What's our own teams fascination with signing (not even) bang average ex ict players like Devine, Storey & Vincent? 

It's signings like them that'll have you losing to Alloa and keep you near the relegation play off places and the seaside league.

I thought the team was called ict nowadays, caley haven't existed this millennium.

Edited by frankthetank22