Aberdeen v Rangers - 10th Jan

Main should have been off too. Truly bizarre blaming that defeat on the officials. 
More blame should  be on McInnes for picking jobbers like Main, dire defending from Taylor and poor decision making from Cosgrove.
No one is blaming the officials. Its the baffling inconsistency that everyone (well not rangers and celtic fans) sees on a weekly basis. Quite simply, there is no way Beaton sends a Rangers player off for what Hedges went for and as for the stoppage time, it's madness. Aberdeen leading 2-1 in that game and there is at least 4 minutes added on.

Just now, coprolite said:

It's a bit of a stretch admittedly but there is no way that natural justice is served by the laws if that's a sending off. 

You could say that about many things.  Is it natural justice if someone breaks your leg in a challenge and isn’t red carded?  That’s deemed possible within the laws.

rightly or wrongly those are the laws of the game.

8 minutes ago, peternapper said:

He should have asked his assistant Mr Ross to assist oh wait a minute he is allegedly leader of the Scottish Conservative & UNIONIST Party so would be totally unbiased. 

Scotland's old UNIONIST party - where the name comes from - was nothing to do with Scottish independence.and all to do with our union with Ireland.

Still, bang on, mate.

3 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
12 minutes ago, DMCs said:
Main should have been off too. Truly bizarre blaming that defeat on the officials. 
More blame should  be on McInnes for picking jobbers like Main, dire defending from Taylor and poor decision making from Cosgrove.

No one is blaming the officials. Its the baffling inconsistency that everyone (well not rangers and celtic fans) sees on a weekly basis. Quite simply, there is no way Beaton sends a Rangers player off for what Hedges went for and as for the stoppage time, it's madness. Aberdeen leading 2-1 in that game and there is at least 4 minutes added on.

Careful now - you’ll be labelled a heads gone and a few greetin gifs...

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's a bit of a stretch admittedly but there is no way that natural justice is served by the laws if that's a sending off. 

I agree with this, but ultimately the referee can't just make up his own rule because he thinks it's a bit fairer.

4 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
13 minutes ago, DMCs said:

There is no inconsistency that deliberately favours one team or another. It was the correct decision plus Main should been off. 

You've had plenty decisions go in your favour in these games as well. 

Ultimately the result was fair.

Just now, Left Back said:

You could say that about many things.  Is it natural justice if someone breaks your leg in a challenge and isn’t red carded?  That’s deemed possible within the laws.

It's usually Scott Brown. 

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Depends if its accidental or not

The only offence in football that has to be deliberate is hand-ball.  Everything else is deemed matter of fact, i.e. did it happen or not.

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I like McCoist as a commentator, but he falls into the American teenager trap.....'I got my nails done today....oh, that's AWESOME !!!' 

No it isn't fucking awesome. Sunrise over the Grand Canyon is awesome. A cure for cancer is awesome. Having your nails done isn't.

Likewise, a 10 yard pass to your own player is not 'brilliant'. 

Dial down the hyperbole Ally, otherwise you've nowhere to go when something 'brilliant' actually does happen..

“Awesome” is one of these irksome Americanisms that get me unnecessarily riled.

Anyone using them seriously (I know you’re not) can get swiftly in the sea.

6 minutes ago, TommyLeePwns said:

Lol the match threads are always so salty after the final whistle. 

To be fair, this one has been taken in fair part by the A'deen fans on here - especially before the game.

Very often our match threads are a fucking abomination but the Sheepies on here are more mature than that.

8 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
17 minutes ago, DMCs said:

People who believe in refereeing conspiracies are something else.

22 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I like McCoist as a commentator, but he falls into the American teenager trap.....'I got my nails done today....oh, that's AWESOME !!!' 

No it isn't fucking awesome. Sunrise over the Grand Canyon is awesome. A cure for cancer is awesome. Having your nails done isn't.

Likewise, a 10 yard pass to your own player is not 'brilliant'. 

Dial down the hyperbole Ally, otherwise you've nowhere to go when something 'brilliant' actually does happen..

Aye agree.  Rangers scored a goal a few months ago where Kent or Arfield or someone played a first time five yard sideways pass to the scorer and it was a neat touch and stuff but he was still talking about it 20 minutes later.  Also, it's Rangers in Scotland this season, they're bending it right up every team they play, calm down.  

On the penalty incident, the laws of the game say it's a red, so it's a red.  I'm surprised (well, not really....) that principle seems to be getting argued.  

There is no inconsistency that deliberately favours one team or another. It was the correct decision plus Main should been off. 
You've had plenty decisions go in your favour in these games as well. 
Ultimately the result was fair.
There is no inconsistency that particularly favours Celtic or Rangers, they both benefit equally from the baffling inconsistencies of Scottish refs. Main should not have been sent off, Barisic's foot was at the same height, Main was neither reckless, or out of control in my opinion.

Was the result fair, on the balance of play, yes. I sure that had Rangers lost a man to the decision that Aberdeen had and been a goal down chasing the game in stoppage time, you'd be saying exactly the same thing.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I agree with this, but ultimately the referee can't just make up his own rule because he thinks it's a bit fairer.

Agreed. I reckon that there was enough room for interpretation. But i would say that. 

I thought Beaton's worst decision was not booking Hagi for the clearest dive i've seen for a while. Also thought Main was lucky to stay on. If it had been closer to the ref he'd have been off. 

Just now, 10menwent2mow said:

There is no inconsistency that particularly favours Celtic or Rangers, they both benefit equally from the baffling inconsistencies of Scottish refs. Main should not have been sent off, Barisic's foot was at the same height, Main was neither reckless, or out of control in my opinion.

Was the result fair, on the balance of play, yes. I sure that had Rangers lost a man to the decision that Aberdeen had and been a goal down chasing the game in stoppage time, you'd be saying exactly the same thing.

Cool so if you don't think Main should have been off then what are you complaining about? Hedges on was a clear red according to the rules. 

Did you complain as much when your team have got beneficial and incorrect decisions against Rangers?

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

To be fair, this one has been taken in fair part by the A'deen fans on here - especially before the game.

Very often our match threads are a fucking abomination but the Sheepies on here are more mature than that.

Glad to hear that. 

Now is a time for healing...

3 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Main could have been deemed as endangering the safety of an opponent which is serious foul play.

both his feet are off the floor which means you’re out of control.