Elliot Anderson

Erih Shtrep

He can do what he wants, but chucking about pish like he hasn’t enjoyed the training is a bit much. All of our players have achieved far far more than he has in the game, and it seems to be fine for them. Ultimately, he hasn’t done a thing about fourth tier level. 

If he actually said that, of course. 

Wasn't that arsed about him being called up in the first place and not that arsed about this. Not to say he won't end up being a player, but he's done nothing above League 2 level yet and could easily end up being another Matt Phillips.

I wonder what he "didn't enjoy" about the camp.

51 minutes ago, pub car king said:

There is nothing in that article that confirms what it claims.

It is a bit of an odd one though but if it is true he’s left himself in a bit of a no man’s land, which maybe he is quite happy about. If he doesn’t turn out good enough for England has he burnt his bridges with Scotland and left with no international future at all?

I can’t see Steve Clarke or any future managers fancying him.

If multiple journos are going with the same thing it hasn’t been pulled from thin air, or invented to make the story more exciting. Wishful thinking to suggest otherwise. The stuff about him not coming back that is.

Edited by Fratelli

10 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

A bit more sensationalism again, totally unhelpful shite. So it looks like he's decided not to rush it, doesn't mean he's never coming back. It's a big decision, the boy is 20 and isn't going to immediately walk into our team. Give him time, think Clarke's approach here is spot on.

Exactly. Can see him doing an Angus Gunn and coming back to us in four or five years if he hasn't got in the England team by the time he's 25. He'd rather play for England, but if he can't he can always play for Scotland. Can't blame the boy for hedging his bets at such a young age. 

5 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Again another click bait article which is a regurgitation of previous articles,  has no new information and has no quotes from the player or his agent .

Whole saga remains up in the air as far as I can see.

Spot on, I'm filing all this into the "wait and see" category!!!

I’m not sure there is that much to wait on. Walking out on a camp (which without the speculation does look like what’s happened going by Clarke’s interview) is never going to go down well and I’d be surprised if we called him up again.

19 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Spot on, I'm filing all this into the "wait and see" category!!!

Its not what's being said for me but rather what's not being said. If it was an unfortunate genuine injury then all it would take is for the player to come out and say 'im injured. looking forward to joining up in the next break'.  Or Steve Clarke to say like wise which he didn't. Its pretty clear he's wasted everyone's time here and we wont be seeing him in a Scotland shirt again.