Divisional Round

lichtie23

Still don't think the Bills have hit their stride in the playoffs yet but can't really argue with 3 points conceded, came up with some big plays when it mattered. 

Just saw that the AFC game is the late one next Sunday. Normally take the super bowl Monday off (didn't for NE vs LA) but have to decide whether to tough it out next Monday or burn another holiday. 

Good Times. 

tenor.gif

Just watched the 40 minute highlights. The first half was a sloppy, penalty filled mess. Was it bad conditions for the kickers? Don’t usually see Tucker struggle that badly. 2nd half was a disaster for Baltimore and the Bills deservedly ran out winners, but a vast improvement is needed for the Championship game next week. Overall it was a poor game.

These late kickoffs are a disaster for me. Having a 9 month old baby means I’m up early and didn’t get the opportunity for a nap during the day. Why can’t they just make them 6 and 9.25 like the rest of the season????

My bet offer is open to anyone on the board. Loser makes a donation to the charity of the winner's choice and posts the receipt on here. If I win with the Chiefs -10, I'd probably just tell you to make a 25 pound donation to the Scottish charity of your choice.
I'll take your bet in good faith Mister.

5 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

What happened to Jackson for the concussion, running needlessly?

Bad snap, had to run back to retrieve it, by the time he got it he was in the endzone and had to chuck it away. he concussed himself falling down while throwing the ball.

edit: he was probably getting tackled too I can't remember exactly, there was about 4 Bills defenders going for him.

Edited by Accent-Unknown

Just watched the 40 minute highlights. The first half was a sloppy, penalty filled mess. Was it bad conditions for the kickers? Don’t usually see Tucker struggle that badly. 2nd half was a disaster for Baltimore and the Bills deservedly ran out winners, but a vast improvement is needed for the Championship game next week. Overall it was a poor game.

These late kickoffs are a disaster for me. Having a 9 month old baby means I’m up early and didn’t get the opportunity for a nap during the day. Why can’t they just make them 6 and 9.25 like the rest of the season????

Very blustery wind, which caused both teams to have punts that were only 25 yards or so, as well as the FG problems for Tucker.

Pick 6 was massive, a right kick in the balls for the Ravens from which they didn't recover.

I know passing the ball has been what has got the Bills this far, but it all got very predictable last night IMO, lot easier to defend against the pass when you know there is almost zero chance of a run play.

Agree about the late kick offs, b*****ding inconsiderate Yanks putting the games on to suit their primetime and not ours.

The pick 6 is huge in the context of the game, the difference between 10-10 and 17-3 is something that the Ravens aren't built to come back from. 

That poses the question, are Baltimore, or any other team in this era of the NFL, ever going to win the SuperBowl with such a bully boy, run heavy, clock eating approach and vision that dictates everything they do? 

Today's NFL is pass first, teams regularly put up 400- 500 yards per game, Rodgers for example had 48 regular season touchdowns. Teams can come back from deficits by scoring td's in 2 or 3 well designed, high tempo, swashbuckling plays. 

The Ravens are built and designed to go down the field in one TD drive in as long a time as it would take the Chiefs, Packers, Saints or any of the other top teams to score 3 or 4 td's. That's such a disadvantage straight. 

As a quarterback, I think last night showed the severe limitations of Lamar were there for all to see. He is not a good passer, and definitely not from behind in divisional playoff games. 

I look at the Ravens list of receivers is adequate but lacks a true top notch target, Marquise "Hollywood" Brown for example. That must've been agent talk that has stuck because rather than Hollywood it should be the Baltimore equivalent of Prestwick, Irvine or Maybole. The guy's bang average in that team, a WR2 or 3, in a top receiving team. 

It all comes down to the pieces assembled by the Front office and the vision they gave decided to go with. You have to give them huge credit for coming up with this in the first place, the Baltimore way if you like, but last night showed, for me anyway, it's just not the way you get success in the 2021 NFL season.

Ravens disciples might ask what would've happened had they got in front? Sure they might have ground their way to an "ugly", win and progressed but with visible cracks showing for sure. 

But ultimately they would've been found out against the numerous pass heavy top notchers that would have been next up. There's no doubt in my mind about that. 

The problem now for the Ravens front office is, do you start adding receiver talent for Jackson to throw more regularly to? If they decide to deviate from the run heavy masterplan is Jackson even the qb to go forward with? 

And how long is all of this going to take? 

Huge decisions to be made on and off the field. 

As for the Bills? They got their win, not quite sure of the substance behind it. They are a well run, excellently coached team. The turnaround in their fortunes has been remarkable and should rightly be applauded. The Jets, Jaguars, Bengals and anybody else nearing rebuild mode, should be having big looks at how they've done it. 

Roll on the Sunday games! 

The pick 6 is huge in the context of the game, the difference between 10-10 and 17-3 is something that the Ravens aren't built to come back from. 
That poses the question, are Baltimore, or any other team in this era of the NFL, ever going to win the SuperBowl with such a bully boy, run heavy, clock eating approach and vision that dictates everything they do? 
Today's NFL is pass first, teams regularly put up 400- 500 yards per game, Rodgers for example had 48 regular season touchdowns. Teams can come back from deficits by scoring td's in 2 or 3 well designed, high tempo, swashbuckling plays. 
The Ravens are built and designed to go down the field in one TD drive in as long a time as it would take the Chiefs, Packers, Saints or any of the other top teams to score 3 or 4 td's. That's such a disadvantage straight. 
As a quarterback, I think last night showed the severe limitations of Lamar were there for all to see. He is not a good passer, and definitely not from behind in divisional playoff games. 
I look at the Ravens list of receivers is adequate but lacks a true top notch target, Marquise "Hollywood" Brown for example. That must've been agent talk that has stuck because rather than Hollywood it should be the Baltimore equivalent of Prestwick, Irvine or Maybole. The guy's bang average in that team, a WR2 or 3, in a top receiving team. 
It all comes down to the pieces assembled by the Front office and the vision they gave decided to go with. You have to give them huge credit for coming up with this in the first place, the Baltimore way if you like, but last night showed, for me anyway, it's just not the way you get success in the 2021 NFL season.
Ravens disciples might ask what would've happened had they got in front? Sure they might have ground their way to an "ugly", win and progressed but with visible cracks showing for sure. 
But ultimately they would've been found out against the numerous pass heavy top notchers that would have been next up. There's no doubt in my mind about that. 
The problem now for the Ravens front office is, do you start adding receiver talent for Jackson to throw more regularly to? If they decide to deviate from the run heavy masterplan is Jackson even the qb to go forward with? 
And how long is all of this going to take? 
Huge decisions to be made on and off the field. 
As for the Bills? They got their win, not quite sure of the substance behind it. They are a well run, excellently coached team. The turnaround in their fortunes has been remarkable and should rightly be applauded. The Jets, Jaguars, Bengals and anybody else nearing rebuild mode, should be having big looks at how they've done it. 
Roll on the Sunday games! 
Fair summary imo. As for the Bills, complete polar opposite of how the Ravens played. I know their run options were limited, but they were oh so predictable. Their D will need to come up with more than 1 scoring play if they only manage 220 yards total offense again next week.