Aberdeen Mcinnes what would you do thread.

The sheep flock are happy to be the best of the rest until that is threatened from a Steve Clarke Killie side or a Jack Ross Hibs side.
The question should be would these two managers get a better tune from being the dons manager for me the answer is yes.

Ross and Clarke seem to be the current flavours of the month, yes. Perhaps you could look at them for your own club

50 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The sheep flock are happy to be the best of the rest until that is threatened from a Steve Clarke Killie side or a Jack Ross Hibs side.
The question should be would these two managers get a better tune from being the dons manager for me the answer is yes.

There's not a chance Aberdeen could poach Jack Ross from Hibs or Steve Clarke from Scotland and whilst they're both better managers IMO, it's not exactly easy to pluck that sort of calibre manager. Odds are in favour of them bringing someone in that can't even manage the status quo that McInnes is managing which is the massive risk when deciding to get rid of a manager that is still doing 'alright'.

3 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
40 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Ross and Clarke seem to be the current flavours of the month, yes. Perhaps you could look at them for your own club

When Clarke became the Scotland manager the league lost out plus Jack Ross is a breath of fresh air, McInnes has never had that.

29 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I remember when McInnes first few season the flavours of the month was Jackie McNamara and Paul Hartley. 

Edited by betting competition

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

When Clarke became the Scotland manager the league lost out plus Jack Ross is a breath of fresh air, McInnes has never had that.

'A breath of fresh air'. 

Fuxsake. It's a bit early to be hammered on a Monday morning is it no ?

If we want some deluded fantasist posting utter garbage, we've always got the Hibs boys. 

Don't think anyone can deny McInnes has done well with league placings whilst deploying an eye bleeding style of football that was successful against everyone bar the arsecheeks. I've only watched them twice this season (against us) and we couldn't lay a glove on them and I felt their 'style' had vastly improved. I think McRorie was a big reason for that. What has happened since? They are in danger of becoming the Hearts of the Premier league i.e. the only team they can beat is Hibs.

9 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Don't think anyone can deny McInnes has done well with league placings whilst deploying an eye bleeding style of football that was successful against everyone bar the arsecheeks. I've only watched them twice this season (against us) and we couldn't lay a glove on them and I felt their 'style' had vastly improved. I think McRorie was a big reason for that. What has happened since? They are in danger of becoming the Hearts of the Premier league i.e. the only team they can beat is Hibs.

The first 4 seasons under McInnes it was really good to watch but the last 3 has been dreadful. I've noticed a few Hibs fans are turning on Ross with the type of football they are playing.

Edited by betting competition

Anyone claiming Jack Ross is a better manager than McInnes is at it.

Steve Clarke probably is though.

Aberdeen need a fresh perspective on things, so McInnes probably needs to go or completely change everything, and I think he's got too much trust in his methods now to deviate. A decade of the same manager/coaches, and a fair chunk of players throughout the spell, isn't healthy.

Aberdeen fans who moan about his style of play and his record against the OF are absolute fannies. 

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

So much nonsense in one place.
18 points out of 102 against Celtic and Rangers isn't great, but they tend to turn up in games against us. I can't remember many games when Rangers or Celtic have been poor against us.

This myth that Deila's celtic were rubbish is nonsense. They won the league with 92&86 points. That's pretty consistent. I think Rodgers' Celtic even won the league with 82 one season.

We didn't lay a glove on Celtic in cup finals and since the 2016 final. We'll just ignore the win at Parkhead on the last day of the season to make sure we finished 2nd then. The two Cup final performances were disappointing but to say the players showed no desire is nonsense. We were below our best but there are a few things have conspired against us at Hampden in the last wee while.

Weegie press and weegies, grow up for f**k sake.

Keeping us in 3rd place and not upsetting the applecart, see above finishing 2nd in both Rangers first two seasons back. Unfortunately it appears that Rangers have now appointed a semi competent manager and are chucking cash at him hand over fist in order to stop a Celtic team that in case you haven't noticed, have won the last 9 titles. This crap Celtic team are still on course for around 82 points this season, they'll probably end up nearer 90 and neither Rangers or Celtic have lost to another team in the league this season.

Not qualifying for the group stages in Europe. I'd say not reaching the playoff round at all has been disappointing but you should really look at some of our potential opponents had we made the playoff round. We've faced English, Spanish and Dutch (we beat them) even before the playoff round. Have run into teams with vastly more resources than we have and have got knocked out at the stage we've been seeded to pretty much every year.

I understand the frustration with things at the moment but regurgitating shitty and false arguments is not an excuse to look for change. Maybe we are bobbing along at our expected level but this mythical next level of Europa League groups and winning a trophy every other season and challenging Rangers and Celtic, while something to aspire to, is fantasy.

Absolutely spot on sensible post.

The one you responded to was an emotionally led rant.

36 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
2 hours ago, Rodhull said:
Is he? What makes Jack Ross a breath of fresh air?

Have you not noticed that Hibs are Brazil c. 1970 again. Just like they have been for most of the last 20 years.

Funny how that is always the case isnt it. Yet theyve been relegated and bottom 6/middle table fodder for the vast majority of it.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

I remember when McInnes first few season the flavours of the month was Jackie McNamara and Paul Hartley. 

Exactly.

Weve also had Robinson at Motherwell (2 out of 3 seasons of shite) / Tommy Wright (eye bleeding although successful to be fair for a team like St Johnstone)  and god knows how many flavour of the month managers since then. None have outperformed Mcinnes.

Jack Ross already has some Hibs fans on his back and after his catastrophic failure at Sunderland a semi final exit this weekend and hes already fast becoming another whose early reputation looks undeserved.

Edited by afc_blockhead

39 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
2 hours ago, Rodhull said:
Is he? What makes Jack Ross a breath of fresh air?

Have you not noticed that Hibs are Brazil c. 1970 again. Just like they have been for most of the last 20 years.

I don't even have anything negative to say about him but not really sure how either the way he conducts himself or the way Hibs play stands out as particularly different from the norm?

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

The first 4 seasons under McInnes it was really good to watch but the last 3 has been dreadful. I've noticed a few Hibs fans are turning on Ross with the type of football they are playing.

all started when he grew that stupid beard and greased up his hair.

Doesn't really matter who people would like as manger next as it will almost definitely be Stephen Glass.....

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Problem for Aberdeen is you've had McInnes for 8 years so no real comparisons. In that time we've had Fenlon(nice guy but poor manager) Butcher (c**t and dreadful manager), Stubbs(nice guy and what we needed at the time, though if he hadn't won the cup he would have been deemed a failure). Lennon(c**t and erratic manager but got the job done) Heckingbottom (nice guy but poor manager). Jury still out on Ross but comparing him to the others I think he's doing a decent enough job and if he gets us the League Cup I think that would go a long way to appease the bed wetters. He does infuriate with team selection and subs but I think he's still learning. The style of football has been pretty erratic as well in this time with only periods under Stubbs and Lennon being exciting. I think what I'm trying to say is be careful what you wish for.......

4 hours ago, Willie adie said:

Fair enough it's good to have a debate, 

18 pts from 102 against celtic and rangers, is a dire indictment, 

There was an opportunity when Celtic had Ronnie as manager, to really push them,  but mcinnes side didn't, 

Since that last minute cup final defeat he has hardly laid a glove on celtic, he comes out with statementd and soundbites, that the weegie press love and lap up he tells them exactly what they want to hear,  Aberdeen in 3rd place is where we should be, don't want to upset the applecart, 

The consensus now appears to be that mcinnes race is run, he has had 8 yrs, and one cup win, and no qualifying for group stages at European competition in that time is pretty scant return, 

At least 2 Cup finals when we didn't lay a glove on celtic, and showed no desire to. 

McInnes is nothing more than an average manager, who has achieved the bare minimum he's expected to. That suits the Glasgow press, and media agenda and he knows that they are happy to have one of thier own in charge. 

As for the " be careful what you wish for"  line and " lucky to have him"  utterances, I'm sick of hearing it, always issued by his fellow weegies and folk that have little or no link for club

Just so I’m clear here. McInnes gets an easy ride from the Glasgow press because they are happy to have someone born in the West of Scotland as Aberdeen manager? 

Why would that be a factor?