New clubs in the West of Scotland

1 hour ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Astros are fine, although give me a grass pitch any day, my issue with New Tinto is the various patches throughout it. 

Clubs should be prepared for coming into the league when applying, I am not saying it needs to be all signing and dancing however if you have teams playing on a council astro where it is fully caged and spectators are needing to watch from outside the cage with no facilities then this isn't acceptable. 

No team should be allowed into the premier division whilst ground sharing. 

Wont disagree with anything you have said.

There have been discussions on previous West threads about the tiered system of facilities. Again that's for the league to decide what they are.

To me as a supporter of the West it probably should have been brought up at yesterday's agm and discussed sensibly and a working group set up to come up.with recommendation.

I do feel that tier 10 and new entrants the initial criteria needs to be quite low with a reasonable timetable in place for improvements.

Unfortunately where the West is at this juncture that ship appears to have sailed.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

36 minutes ago, Dylangt7 said:

tend to agree BUT is it any different to Knightswood short term plans that were accpeted?

(again would help if both teams were transparent on their plans) 

Saw mentioned somewhere about a secondary pitch at Scotstoun? Not been since I moved away before lockdowns, my memory of the place is the one pitch for the warriors and the rest are all cages as I recall?

You mentioned earlier about pathways. Again no inside knowledge but am sure there are teams from tier 6 to tier 10 with a fractured pathway in place. Never read any comments about what if any pathway needs to be in place at a club.

You put in brackets about religion. Unfortunately it does shape a number of people's thinking and how they live their lives and it's not just the jakey or ned element in our society. Until such a time that the foot you kick with is a complete irrelevance it is still a poison in our society.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

Knightswood don't have their own park and currently the only teams they have above U18s is a poor Saturday Morning Lower Division side who struggled to fulfil their fixtures towards the end of the season and an Over 35s team.

So unless they have a lot of funding coming in and a proper management team in place what sort of team are they going to have competing in WOS Div 4 next season? Most semi pro clubs are starting preseason within the next week or so.

It's a shambles all around. 

33 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Saw mentioned somewhere about a secondary pitch at Scotstoun? Not been since I moved away before lockdowns, my memory of the place is the one pitch for the warriors and the rest are all cages as I recall?

You mentioned earlier about pathways. Again no inside knowledge but am sure there are teams from tier 6 to tier 10 with a fractured pathway in place. Never read any comments about what if any pathway needs to be in place at a club.

You put in brackets about religion. Unfortunately it does shape a number of people's thinking and how they live their lives and it's not just the jakey or ned element in our society. Until such a time that the foot you kick with is a complete irrelevance it is still a poison in our society.

It's laughable.

I know your not Rangers minded but i went to Ibrox for years.

Knightswood's play in blue and have a crest that just happens look like the crest that was on the side of the Main Stand at Ibrox for decades.

A straight vote

Knightswood v  St Pat's 

Even i laughed at the reaction at a few on here.

Nothing to see here move along.

lol

35 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Knightswood don't have their own park and currently the only teams they have above U18s is a poor Saturday Morning Lower Division side who struggled to fulfil their fixtures towards the end of the season and an Over 35s team.

So unless they have a lot of funding coming in and a proper management team in place what sort of team are they going to have competing in WOS Div 4 next season? Most semi pro clubs are starting preseason within the next week or so.

It's a shambles all around. 

Thorn Athletic and Easterhouse struggled in first few weeks/months squad related last season. An extra Thorn basically groundhopped till January.

An example of how to do it might be West Park. In the first season of Div 4 they started as an ammie side.

Applying to join for season just past. That might be a better model but only for clubs with no adult side obviously as existing adult ammie sides should be almost ready to go in the playing sense.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Since it said elsewhere there were 5 applicants this year. With just St Pats & Knightswood making it past the committee.

No point bothering next year it seems. Closed shop mentality has been engaged.

giphy.gif

It seems a very bizarre decision to limit membership numbers and now be seen to turn away applicants who meet the requirements.  I bet the LL will notice this when it comes to discussing "increased ventilation".  Not a good look for the WoSFL, or tier 6 as a whole.

Edited by Burnieman

4 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

It's laughable.

I know your not Rangers minded but i went to Ibrox for years.

Knightswood's play in blue and have a crest that just happens look like the crest that was on the side of the Main Stand at Ibrox for decades.

A straight vote

Knightswood v  St Pat's 

Even i laughed at the reaction at a few on here.

Nothing to see here move along.

lol

Without being dismissive. Wasn't there and not going to speculate. As you and I are aware it's still a big part of life in Scotland. I like you also honest enough to know it is there on both sides. Reading on the various Twitter forums and stuff, it still moulds people's lives in all sections of society.  

Humans can be a vile species.

Just now, HorseyGhirl said:

Without being dismissive. Wasn't there and not going to speculate. As you and I are aware it's still a big part of life in Scotland. I like you also honest enough to know it is there on both sides. Reading on the various Twitter forums and stuff, it still moulds people's lives in all sections of society.  

Humans can be a vile species.

The suns out, take some time off, have a break and a Kit Kat.

15 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It seems a very bizarre decision to limit membership numbers and now be seen to turn away applicants who meet the requirements.  I bet the LL will notice this when it comes to discussing "increased ventilation".  Not a good look for the WoSFL, or tier 6 as a whole.

Don't get embroiled my man. Got the feeling this won't go away.

No reaction from St.Pats as yet. As far as we know Knightswood don't have an adult side at this stage.

St.Pats do.

Setting the number at 80 aside. It looks like an open vote from the clubs. So how they decided is a mystery at this stage.

4 hours ago, Shannon said:

The bottom division could run at up to 18 teams in my opinion as many won't go as far in cup competitions. Then after that then will need to create a 5th Division. The poorer old Junior sides who are already in Division 4 wouldn't be happy with that but surely too bad?

There's also the possibility of running parallel conferences for the bottom tier like the EoS did. For example, if there were 20 clubs to accommodate then two conferences of 10 with 2 × 9 games against clubs from the same conference and 10 against clubs in the other conference = 28 games overall could be the format.

Think all the talk of closed shops is a bizarre overreaction to what just happened when there is very little likelihood that the WoS will be able to stay at 80 clubs without adding some new members in the years ahead. WoS clubs are going to be more likely to be promoted into the LL than relegated into it for at least the next decade or so because after Linlithgow Rose there's not a lot of quality left in the east at tier 6 now.

St Patrick's might be careful about what they put out online if they are hoping to get into the WoS in the future. Absolutely bizarre to be turning clubs away from the pyramid despite them meeting the requirements. The 80 club rule also doesn't work given how the leagues work with numbers changing based on Lowland League promotion/relegation.

Won't do the WoS any favours when arguing for automatic promotion to the LL although they are separate issues.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's also the possibility of running parallel conferences for the bottom tier like the EoS did. For example, if there were 20 clubs to accommodate then two conferences of 10 with 2 × 9 games against clubs from the same conference and 10 against clubs in the other conference = 28 games overall could be the format.

Think all the talk of closed shops is a bizarre overreaction to what just happened when there is very little likelihood that the WoS will be able to stay at 80 clubs without adding some new members in the years ahead. WoS clubs are going to be more likely to be promoted into the LL than relegated into it for at least the next decade or so because after Linlithgow Rose there's not a lot of quality left in the east at tier 6 now.

The post stated that the club met the requirements but only club was alliwed in heavily suggesting they wouldn't go beyond five divisions of 16. Could be wrong information of course but that is what people are reacting to.

Just now, stanley said:

The post stated that the club met the requirements but only club was alliwed in heavily suggesting they wouldn't go beyond five divisions of 16. Could be wrong information of course but that is what people are reacting to.

Glensmad has been careful not to state that in any of his posts AFAIA and has mentioned applications being open again at the next AGM so the five divisions of 16 limit thing is only an inference that certain posters are making at this point.

Much the same posse of posters who are doing this used to be firmly convinced that there was a rigid boundary between pyramid leagues at all levels on a line of latitude through the Tay Bridge even though it was only in the Club 42 playoff rules and nowhere else.

It's Scottish football, weird and wacky things can and are likely to keep happening. Dumbarton St Pats should keep applying and see what happens next time in other words. Maybe if there had been three applicants who met the requirements there would have been more appetite for extending the 4th division beyond 16?

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Glensmad has been careful not to state that in any of his posts AFAIA and has mentioned applications being open again at the next AGM so the five divisions of 16 limit thing is only an inference that certain posters are making at this point.

Much the same posse of posters who are doing this used to be firmly convinced that there was a rigid boundary between pyramid leagues at all levels on a line of latitude through the Tay Bridge even though it was only in the Club 42 playoff rules and nowhere else.

It's Scottish football, weird and wacky things can and are likely to keep happening. Dumbarton St Pats should keep applying and see what happens next time in other words. Maybe if there had been three applicants who met the requirements there would have been more appetite for extending the 4th division beyond 16?

Sure but, whatever the case, it seems odd to have a vote between two teams rather than admit them both and it's hard to know what can change between now and next season other than potentially a WoS team going up and an EoS/SoS team coming down, reducing the bottom tier to 15 clubs.

I have no idea what the connection is between this and the rigid boundaries or why it's being brought up.

Yes, it's possible that a few applicants could have changed the situation but, other than splitting the bottom tier into two divisions, I don't there's a lot of options if more than a couple of new clubs are accepted.

Being a southerner who see's the ground grading ruining some clubs down here - im  ok with 3g pitches in football stadiums, but not cages. Where are the ground gradings for scottish amateurs/ex juniors etc ? What are the levels of requirement ? Tbh a cage is just a better football pitch,nowt else.

13 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Being a southerner who see's the ground grading ruining some clubs down here - im  ok with 3g pitches in football stadiums, but not cages. Where are the ground gradings for scottish amateurs/ex juniors etc ? What are the levels of requirement ? Tbh a cage is just a better football pitch,nowt else.

Shh don't ask questions that require an answer.

28 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Obviously this is going to take years to work through.

Hopefully the West next summer have 3 things in one.

.A league winner with a licence that wants to go into the LL.

A few of those Ayrshire teams, i won't use the term Banjo Country in this instance, probably have the best of both worlds.

Local league fixtures and a crack at the Big Scottish.

Caley Braves and Broomhill, quite rightly, doesn't appeal to them

1 minute ago, PossilYM said:

You sharing the carrots with the gee gees.

You kidding not allowed. They and the sheep even nick the only biscuits I can eat.

I am downtrodden.

This pish with club81 is turning into a shit-show.

Not a good look for the West denying an eligible club entry to the pyramid.

Open to all who pass inspection should be the policy. Thought this brave new world was about opening up to all who show the ambition.