New clubs in the West of Scotland

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

If there is a nett gain of one team to the WoSFL, then the 4th bottom side in each league would also be relegated.

If there is a nett gain of two teams to the WoSFL, then the 4th and 5th bottom sides in each league would also be relegated.

If there is a nett loss of one team to the WoSFL, then the 4th placed team in each of the Divisions below the Premier Division would also be promoted. (New rule approved by the clubs at the AGM, previously it would have been the 3rd bottom team in each league would have been spared from relegation. Now it is fixed that the bottom three teams are relegated.)

Thanks.

Presumably there is no relegation from the Fourth Division even if the league grew to 81 clubs or more?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

If the clubs are committed to the pyramid then yes they should. Entry to the WoSFL has criteria to live up to so it wouldn't (shouldn't) be an ammie team as we know it who come up. If the bottom club fall out the back door then that's the consequence of moving to the pyramid. 

Regardless of this, if a club in the tier below wins the league and meets the criteria they should be automatically promoted. Otherwise it's a load of dung.

There does need to be a minimum set of standards, not just playing standard, to be met before any club should be allowed into the league. However, there are many on here who have supported the idea of having lower ground/facilities standards as you go down the divisions. Certainly seems a sound idea for the Fourth Division or even Division Three?

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

The facilities at the time didn't meet requirements after a ground inspection, from memory the word was "they have a bit to go" to meet EoS requirements and to work on these and apply the following season, therefore the clubs voted against them being admitted. It had nothing to do with "the EoS didn't fancy them" whatever that means.

Existing EoS teams also have to bring their facilities upto scratch as well, hence ongoing issues with Rosyth and Peebles

The only issue i was told off and its still a small problem was the distance of the clubhouse to the pitch, they fence off an area pre game , at half time and full time so the players and the public are kept apart.

17 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

It was my understanding that St Pats had an agreement to use the Astro at Argyll (subject to some modifications) for a year before moving to posties once its upgrades are complete.

Think someone previously mentioned in this thread that there was nothing in the planning application for posties about a football pitch within the athletics track and that it wouldn't fit, did they intend to fence in the grass area beside the new development and use the pavillion?

I can see why Argyll was not ideal, its so well used already at every level, there is no way they could be promised first call on Saturday afternoons. With the 2 hour booking slot there's always teams queuing up to get on and warm up while the previous game is still going.(hence why I also thought OLSP more likely - other than the school during the week and the fun fours. Thought it was only St Pats and the Accies that used it). 

Agreed also on the standard of St Pats - I suspected the move was slightly self preservation as more and more of the better players have options in the WOSFL. 

I see that Knightswood have announced the coaching squad is basically going to be what was the U18s coaching team so likely some of those players will step up. know they were considering a U20s league but this will be a proper challenge and a longer term solution. 

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Absolute nonsense. The SPFL ran a closed shop for donkeys years and take hee-haw to do with the tiers below them. What are their criteria for compliant clubs to enter? Have a licence, win your league then fight your way through four play off games. They only have a back door due to others looking after it for them but now the WoSFL have to take everyone? Again, nonsense.

You'll certainly don't want to take anyone wearing Green jerseys, Brother.

2 hours ago, Urban Spaceman said:

Think someone previously mentioned in this thread that there was nothing in the planning application for posties about a football pitch within the athletics track and that it wouldn't fit, did they intend to fence in the grass area beside the new development and use the pavillion?

I can see why Argyll was not ideal, its so well used already at every level, there is no way they could be promised first call on Saturday afternoons. With the 2 hour booking slot there's always teams queuing up to get on and warm up while the previous game is still going.(hence why I also thought OLSP more likely - other than the school during the week and the fun fours. Thought it was only St Pats and the Accies that used it). 

Agreed also on the standard of St Pats - I suspected the move was slightly self preservation as more and more of the better players have options in the WOSFL. 

I see that Knightswood have announced the coaching squad is basically going to be what was the U18s coaching team so likely some of those players will step up. know they were considering a U20s league but this will be a proper challenge and a longer term solution. 

The jump from 18s to WOSFL is absolutely massive. They'll be in for a long season if that's the plan.

13 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

The jump from 18s to WOSFL is absolutely massive. They'll be in for a long season if that's the plan.

Definitely they'll need to introduce some experience, but most of the boys have been in and out the pro-youth set ups as well as challenging for leagues and cups at every level. Think I'm right in thinking one on the boys left and has featured for Stirling Albion this season, so its not that massive.

30 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Maybe shut down one of the posters.

This thread is no longer pertinent to the West Forum. As such I will not be responding to any future posts herein. 💀💀

36 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Maybe shut down one of the posters.

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

This thread is no longer pertinent to the West Forum. As such I will not be responding to any future posts herein. 💀💀

Nor me 

Far too many bigots on here for my liking.

2 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Nor me 

Far too many bigots on here for my liking.

You'll be getting cancelled.

Oh look what you made me do. 

It starts noo.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

This won't happen but here's an idea.

Form a West of Scotland FA. Basic role of the WOSFA is to administer the West of Scotland Cup and Strathclyde Cup.

This will allow current WoSFL clubs promoted to the Lowland League to retain a place in the West of Scotland Cup. Which right now would be lost. So there is a benefit there for existing members.

This could also allow a new league's members to join the WOSFA to access the WoS Cup and Strathclyde Cup. The WoSFL Cup & Strathclyde Cup are both at a point where numerous byes are needed. So scheduling wise it doesn't make a ton of difference for a long time.

The WoSFL try and co-ordinate new applicants into forming this new league. Rather than yes/no/maybe next year. This league would now have access to the WoS Cup, Strathclyde Cup and potential qualification to the Scottish Cup. The new league would only have to look after their own fixtures and a league cup if they want it.

There needs to be something in place, because otherwise we're basically back in the same situation that the likes of Clydebank, Auchinleck and Kilwinning found themselves in 4 or 5 years ago which led to the formation of this league in the first place. The only way a team can get licensed (or play in any senior competition) is to be part of the pyramid, but if there is no pyramid league in their area which will accept them then they're basically stuck applying to a league outside their own area (eg the South of Scotland League) or just waiting around until something changes.

Why don't applicant clubs which have been considered to be acceptable to the WoS just play-off for any places which are available?

This would be quicker than waiting for agreements to be sorted out with lower leagues. It would also be easier and fairer than the current system of votes deciding who gets in. There does need to be some certainty that at least one new club gets into the league each year (if there are any acceptable applicants). That, in turn, begs the question about what happens to the bottom club each season.

32 minutes ago, Dev said:

Why don't applicant clubs which have been considered to be acceptable to the WoS just play-off for any places which are available?

This would be quicker than waiting for agreements to be sorted out with lower leagues. It would also be easier and fairer than the current system of votes deciding who gets in. There does need to be some certainty that at least one new club gets into the league each year (if there are any acceptable applicants). That, in turn, begs the question about what happens to the bottom club each season.

Full circle back to what I asked earlier. Where do you relegate a Senior Club to if there's no Senior League below them?