P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

And yes, he fucked me. And not in a take me out to dinner and get me pished on wine type fucked me. I took his e-pawn (that sounds wrong). He moved his rook to E8 (or is it E1) ... Queen has now been ravaged and we're minutes away from a resignation.

37 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

You and me both mate. Look at the state of this. Practically begging me to take his pawn as if nothing bad will ever happen. Unfortunately, I can't see the bad thing that's going to happen so I'm going for it. 

image.thumb.png.f5c5fd1e5bf660dfcfe3be5182ea3536.png

That trap goes down as my favourite ever chess moment. Felt like a king when I came up with the ploy.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

That trap goes down as my favourite ever chess moment. Felt like a king when I came up with the ploy.

You're a good player who knows exactly what he's doing, thought you said you were shite?

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You're a good player who knows exactly what he's doing, thought you said you were shite?

Think I See You GIF by DAZN North America

In all seriousness, this is the first of the 4 games where I feel like I deserve the win and it's not over yet!

Tbf, he is in the top league and if Frank made the leagues based on everyone's self assessment, we'd be looking at about 20 teams in the lowest tier. 

Still, it looks like I'm losing my other match as well which makes me 1 from 4 and a likely relegation candidate. 

I

And yes, he fucked me. And not in a take me out to dinner and get me pished on wine type fucked me. I took his e-pawn (that sounds wrong). He moved his rook to E8 (or is it E1) ... Queen has now been ravaged and we're minutes away from a resignation.
It's an easy mistake - something that people are prone to do if ahead and on a relatively open board.

Gordon beats mackieboz in a game where we both threw it away I felt until I fucked up big time.
Got out of an early sticky situation and had him against the ropes without the final knockout punch, then lost concentration playing cards with some friends at the same time. Felt like I had it but just lost focus.

Well done sir, unlike the Pars I'm not blaming the wind!

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

I feel my 3 losses reflect my initial comments of "I'm shite" can't wait to get in the bottom tier :lol:

We are not great but not totally shite in the Chess Seaside League.

I have now played 4 games winning 3 but all of the games were difficult for me and this is the hardest my brain has worked in a long time so not sure if you'll find it that much easier.

3 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

We are not great but not totally shite in the Chess Seaside League.

I have now played 4 games winning 3 but all of the games were difficult for me and this is the hardest my brain has worked in a long time so not sure if you'll find it that much easier.

Hopefully we will pass each other.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Gordon beats mackieboz in a game where we both threw it away I felt until I fucked up big time.
Got out of an early sticky situation and had him against the ropes without the final knockout punch, then lost concentration playing cards with some friends at the same time. Felt like I had it but just lost focus.

Well done sir, unlike the Pars I'm not blaming the wind!

It was like we were both trying to lose that. I had you on toast and then I went for a cheap checkmate with my arse hanging out. From there I'm sure you could have forced a checkmate or at least taken my queen but you let me off the hook. Even then, I traded queens for absolutely no reason when I should just have taken your queen with something else.

I don't think there were any winners from that game. I managed to fk this position up:499682074_Screenshot2021-02-07at17_46_47.thumb.png.9ff041f1a52c5dbe6c91b5590f38c476.png

Unusual but evenly placed game at the moment between me and @arab_joe. The sort of game where you feel like you're only a couple of moves away from victory or defeat at any given moment.

Just checking the board at it looks mental. arab_joe looks like his strategy is to line up all his pieces on the 2nd and 3rd rank and and mine is just to randomly scatter them all over my half of the board.

Edited by Gordon EF