P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Very true... I think even Qf2+ and swapping Queens probably wins. That's what I rejected and played Bf4 instead. Very frustrating.
I initially looked at the Qf2+ route and swapping off Queens - it was certainly my first instinct. On further analysis I realised that there was no way for White to Queen his pawn without losing both the Queen and the pawn. Bishop on the opposite colour as the Queening square is the key thing.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:
Division B
P
W
L
D
Pts
Purplekangaroo89
invergowrie
pleslie999
Arabjoe
paakman01
cols407
PnBMathematics
RBWatson
Dandies1983

Not meaning to sound like an ungrateful c**t, but I’ve won 4 and lost 5, I think

Edited by mathematics

On 22/02/2022 at 19:59, Frank Grimes said:

Round 11

PnBMathematics v Arabjoe 

PnBMathematics wins by resignation.

In control after 26 moves, then inexplicably I surrendered a well-placed Bishop for nothing and just watched as my position crumbled.  Closest I've ever been to rage-quitting.  

56 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Division B, Round 10.

RBWatson beats invergowrie by checkmate.

Thanks for the game, @invergowrie arab; I thought I had you cornered a few times only for you to pull out a move I hadn't spotted.

I was just running around hoping for a mistake you had it won early. Good game. 

Pleslie999 beats paakman01 by resignation.

Felt I played pretty well, my opponent played an opening I didn't know but i managed to get the upper hand. Having both my bishops lined up on his castled King side was pretty strong and eventually managed to get the win! Cheers for the game 

Division C

XCTR94 beats Markf268 by checkmate.

Unfortunate pawn structure and opening from Mark gave me the checkmate from quite early on, little he could do as his king was boxed in and I had a bishop/queen trap lined up from quite early on. Had my rook on the last file to secure the Queen checkmate. Well played buddy.

a7dd652d74a2df2b19dff885b1d84170.jpg

On 23/02/2022 at 13:00, Curmudgeon said:

Division A

Board_stupid defeats AH13STU by resignation.

This felt like a fairly even game throughout, in fact the analysis had me down slightly, but one mistake left AH13STU with his king and queen under threat and unable to defend them both.

Another complete oversight and that one move ended the game immediately. Well played.

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Well played. My bishop sacrifice didn't pay off.

Also lost to beef2711 on time. Completely missed the fact I was low on time. Sorry we couldn't get properly into battle.

Having a mare!!

How does time work?  As EindhovenDee should have timed out twice now and he’s paused.  I assume it’s a perk if you’re a paid member.

Division C

XCTR94 beats the_kid1433 by resignation.

A fucking WILD game of chess; probably the lowest accuracy I’ve had in day chess for…a few years. I was essentially having to target pawns only as The_Kid had gobbled a bishop and a knight of mine early on and my only route to checkmate was the h-file rook and Queen doing something. My opponent made a mistake in pulling his king into the corner square with only a pawn protecting him on that side so my rook and Queen could corner him. I would have kept going as you still have a bishop and a knight but could understand the frustration at that point as you played great.

50% accuracy on my part in daily chess is hilarious. [emoji28]

b4b601562ca97ae7b215ca45ac5c2f74.jpg
b47e1e14a171d979b12fc807045370ae.jpg