P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

23 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Pleslie999 draws with @mathematics by agreement.

Tight game, struggled to see a way through, all pieces were tied up in one way or another so a draw seemed a logical outcome. Analysis seems to think I was ahead when we drew but I couldn't see a way to win. Cheers for the game 

I definitely bit your hand off for the draw! Enjoyable game: thank you!

Edited by mathematics

Div B

XCTR94 beats Mark by checkmate.

Miraculous. Didn’t have a solid plan until near the end of the mid game where I just stacked my rooks and queen and thought, “f**k it”. Don’t think my opponent had his defence set up to rotate/counter in time. Well played. Where that leaves me in the table this season I don’t know.

Enjoyed it thoroughly though, regardless. I’ll be back.

bf26fb5e622f62a97b0d1ed91d8898b0.jpg

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Think I only have one league game outstanding now, where I'm a pawn down against Ziggy_the_Spider.

I've just been notified that I've won on time here - hope everything is OK with Ziggy, he usually plays very promptly.

Edited by craigkillie

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I've just been notified that I've won on time here - hope everything is OK with Ziggy, he usually plays very promptly.

Last time he timed out a bunch of games, it was because he was rocking out down at Glastonbury and ran out of phone juice. There isn't any kind of music festival on at the moment?

21 hours ago, craigkillie said:

19 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Last time he timed out a bunch of games, it was because he was rocking out down at Glastonbury and ran out of phone juice. There isn't any kind of music festival on at the moment?

Sorry guys, It was my birthday party this week, things got a bit confusing…….and some people were saying it would be rude to play chess at a party.

Current league tables and outstanding results to come in:

Division A P W D L Pts
Board_Stupid 10 7 2 1 23
Ziggy_the_Spider 10 6 2 2 20
AimHere 10 5 2 3 17
Purplekangaroo89 11 4 1 6 13
AH13STU 7 3 3 1 12
Arabjoe 10 2 0 8 6
gkneil 8 1 0 7 3

Division B P W D L Pts
invergowrie 12 10 0 2 30
pleslie999 12 8 1 3 25
PnBMathematics 12 5 2 5 17
N5_Spur 12 5 0 7 15
markf268 11 4 1 6 13
The_kid1433 11 3 1 7 10
XCTR94 12 3 1 8 10

Division C P W D L Pts
AlbinoRov 13 12 0 1 36
Basedgodsa1nt 14 9 0 5 27
Dandies1983 14 9 0 5 27
KenDeans 14 7 0 7 21
mackieboz 12 5 1 6 16
RBWatson 14 5 0 9 15
Strachanovski 12 3 1 8 10
IncomingExile 13 2 0 11 6

For results, I'm still waiting on the following to come in (assuming I didn't miss any). If these games haven't been started please start them, and if they've been played and not reported, please report them!

Division A
11:gkneil vs Arabjoe
11:AH13STU vs AimHere
12:Board_Stupid vs Ziggy_the_Spider
13:gkneil vs AimHere
13:AH13STU vs Board_Stupid
14:Ziggy_the_Spider vs gkneil

Division B
14: markf268 vs The_kid1433

Division C
 8:Strachanovski vs mackieboz
14::mackieboz vs IncomingExile
14:AlbinoRov vs Strachanovski

Madwullie Cup
pleslie999 vs DearyMe
Board_Stupid vs AimHere
Purplekangaroo89 vs Ziggy_the_Spider

@invergowrie arab is now mathematically assured of the Division B title. Congratulations!

Edited by Aim Here

And mark f defeats the kid by resignation.

Felt I threw that one away with a time wasting pawn move after building up s powerful battery on the same file as marks king.   But mark seeing the great  queen to the corner to put me in check and never looked back after that.

Good Game.

In addition I'm going to have to quit ghe league for 6 months or so.  Got to go away with work and will have very little if any Internet access. 

When I get back I'll be back in to play and add a level of mediocrity to div C.

Good luck all.

On 23/10/2022 at 12:57, Ziggy said:

Sorry guys, It was my birthday party this week, things got a bit confusing…….and some people were saying it would be rude to play chess at a party.

Your reasons for timeout get better and better. Admittedly, I preferred when you went off the grid for Glastonbury.

Happy belated birthday btw.

Div C

Draw with Strachanovski

A thoroughly enjoyable game and from being behind on material for much of the game, I was still in a position to win - but having secured the league title, and with my opponent having a lot on, have agreed to call it a day.

All the best - hope things are okay, thanks for two good games.

2 minutes ago, Albino Rover said:

Div C

Draw with Strachanovski

A thoroughly enjoyable game and from being behind on material for much of the game, I was still in a position to win - but having secured the league title, and with my opponent having a lot on, have agreed to call it a day.

All the best - hope things are okay, thanks for two good games.

Thanks for that, appreciate it, you're a very good player. I just need a total break from chess just now.

Cheers.

Division A

Round 13

What looked to me like missteps in the opening led to gkneil's queen being trapped with plenty of squares to go and yet only one safe square (which would have led to checkmate). Weirdly, the first couple of what I thought were missteps were marked down as opening theory by chess.com.

AimHere beats gkneil by resignation

Edited by Aim Here

On 24/10/2022 at 19:21, pleslie99 said:

I would just like to say. I fully expect @Trogdorto destroy me in the cup.

However

I have the opportunity for a draw by repetition...................

I feel like taking it at this stage is poor but also it would be a feather in my cap to say I drew with him 🤣🤣

Madwullie Cup Result

Dearyme defeats psleslie99 in the Madwullie Cup. 

I'm not sure there was ever a perpetual check tbh.

Thanks for the game. 👍

Edited by Trogdor