P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division A

Defeat against Board_stupid

Well beaten by a superior player, the loss was inevitable within the first 15 moves - I would say I'm glad just to have taken him to 50 moves but it could have been over quicker if he wanted it to be!

Thanks @Curmudgeonfor a schooling in chess, fully expect to see your name in a Champions' League position at the end of the season.

26 minutes ago, Albino Rover said:

Division A

Defeat against Board_stupid

Well beaten by a superior player, the loss was inevitable within the first 15 moves - I would say I'm glad just to have taken him to 50 moves but it could have been over quicker if he wanted it to be!

Thanks @Curmudgeonfor a schooling in chess, fully expect to see your name in a Champions' League position at the end of the season.

After you lost your knight early on I didn't risk doing anything fancy and just simplified down the position by exchanging when the opportunity arose.

You've had a decent start to the league so I expect you to be in this league next season too. Although it's a tough division it's a great learning opportunity and I know I've improved due to the quality of opposition in it.

Division B: RBWatson beats @IncomingExile by checkmate.

A pretty good performance, by my admittedly quite low standards. I got a bishop ahead quite early, but I was made to work for the win by my opponent and my usual inaccuracy would have seen me punished I suspect. Thanks for the game, looking forward to the return!

1 minute ago, EvilScotsman said:

Division B: RBWatson beats @IncomingExile by checkmate.

A pretty good performance, by my admittedly quite low standards. I got a bishop ahead quite early, but I was made to work for the win by my opponent and my usual inaccuracy would have seen me punished I suspect. Thanks for the game, looking forward to the return!

A good game, 54 moves before the inevitable defeat so something for me to be slightly positive * about. Couldn't stem the tide of advancing pawns and perhaps should have traded rooks earlier on but that would have involved knowing what I was doing. 

* tried that for a couple of minutes - nope, will stick to pessimism. She never lets me down.    

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Div B

Dandies1983 beats IncomingExile

GG

Cheers for the game. Regicide committed in move 49., and retaining the league's Wooden Spoon is still on....  

Division A

Board_stupid beats PnBMathematics by checkmate.

I was under a bit of pressure in the opening when Mathematics played a strong first 10 moves only to completely throw away his position in the next few moves by going two pieces down. The outcome was probably just a matter of time after that.

8 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Wooden spoon coming a long nicely.

From my cold dead hands, SweeperDee. It's mine.   

You're going to have to work very little.