P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

2 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

Division C, RBWatson beats N5_Spur by resignation.

It's where I deserve to be.

Very well played. Up to the point where I surrendered my Queen unforced, I felt you were always one step ahead. Deteriorated (for me) rapidly after that. Looking forward (ish) to the return and good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Division B, round 5

N5 Spur defeats XCTR94 / @SweeperDee by checkmate.

Fairly even game from the start and a bit of a rush at the end with me managing to trap my opponent's King with Knight and Queen.  Could have easily gone the other way.  Good game thanks, see you for the return.

Division A Round 4

In order to cope with a poor opening choice, I make an ill-advised piece sacrifice and get crushed faster

Board_Stupid beats AimHere by checkmate

Division A Round 5

In order to nuke my opponent's king safety, I make an ill-advised piece sacrifice that put the other guy in a position which is technically winning but where mistakes are harshly punished. He made a mistake.

AimHere beats Arabjoe by resignation

Division A Table and Fixtures

Division A P W D L Pts
Board_Stupid 4 4 0 0 12
AimHere 5 4 0 1 12
pleslie999 5 2 1 2 7
AlbinoRov 4 2 0 2 6
invergowrie 5 2 0 3 6
PnbMathematics 4 1 1 2 4
PurpleKangaroo89 1 1 0 0 3
Arabjoe 2 1 0 1 3
AH13STU 4 1 0 3 3
markf268 4 0 0 4 0

Round 7
PurpleKangaroo94 vs AH13STU
AimHere vs invergowrie
markf268 vs PnbMathematics
Arabjoe vs pleslie999
Board_Stupid vs AlbinoRov

Round 8
invergowrie vs PurpleKangaroo89
AH13STU vs markf268
pleslie999 vs AimHere
PnbMathematics vs Board_Stupid
AlbinoRov vs Arabjoe

Division B Table and Fixtures

Division B P W D L Pts
stewartmathers 6 6 0 0 18
ancientnoise 5 5 0 0 15
Basedgodsa1nt 4 4 0 0 12
KenDeans 6 2 1 3 7
RBWatson 6 2 1 3 7
N5_Spur 6 2 0 4 6
mackieboz 4 1 1 2 4
Dandies1983 5 1 1 3 4
IncomingExile 5 0 2 3 2
XCTR94 5 0 0 5 0

Round 7
IncomingExile vs RBWatson
stewartmathers vs ancientnoise
XCTR94 vs Dandies1983
KenDeans vs Basedgodsa1nt
mackieboz vs N5_Spur

Round 8
ancientnoise vs IncomingExile
RBWatson vs XCTR94
Basedgodsa1nt vs stewartmathers
Dandies1983 vs mackieboz
N5_Spur vs KenDeans

As usual, the results and table calculation can be read off the spreadsheet at  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iEm3KhDrq-Ri6Jbz6pgRdNyKNfhtWyuvphTI-1ss9Ig

Edited by Aim Here

26 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

As usual, the results and table calculation can be read off the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18i0Cn-E7CeVPRDDenTxHY3Og_zVa-tfYV42mid6WTpk

Thanks @Aim Here

That's the Dead Pool sheet, though!

Also, you have me down for a loss v @BaSeDG0DSA1NT rather than a win (E22 on the Div B sheet).

Edited by EvilScotsman
Tagging didn't work....

Division A

Win for me against markf269

End-to-end stuff in this one: I got ahead, then @true_roverwent ahead, then we were level on material for a long time, until eventually I nabbed a rook on move #42 and got into a winning position. Glad to have come out on top in that thriller, thanks for the game T_R.

28 minutes ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Am I having a stupid moment or missing something. I should be 4 and 0. I haven't lost yet.

In my defence, I was reliably informed by your opponent that he won, so I altered the spreadsheet accordingly. I've altered it back and checked chess.com. I make enough mistakes as it is, without people reporting erroneous results to me!

8 hours ago, Aim Here said:

In my defence, I was reliably informed by your opponent that he won, so I altered the spreadsheet accordingly. I've altered it back and checked chess.com. I make enough mistakes as it is, without people reporting erroneous results to me!

Mea culpa. No idea what's happened there, I even went into the app to check, but apparently got distracted and somehow persuaded myself I had done so.

Apologies.

On 23/12/2022 at 00:32, Aim Here said:

Round 1
AH13STU vs Arabjoe

Arabjoe wins by resignation.

That was quite a battle - feels like it took weeks!  Highly enjoyable match, I got ahead by a handful of points then gradually got my King into a safe position and could put some pressure on.  But was never easy - well played, I look forward to the rematch.

On 01/01/2023 at 18:07, Aim Here said:

Round 3
Board_Stupid vs Arabjoe

Board_Stupid wins by resignation.

Tied myself in knots, trying to dodge attacks from all angles - chucked in the towel after it became very clear that there was only ever going to be one winner.  Well played.

On 14/01/2023 at 23:18, Aim Here said:

Division A Round 5

In order to nuke my opponent's king safety, I make an ill-advised piece sacrifice that put the other guy in a position which is technically winning but where mistakes are harshly punished. He made a mistake.

AimHere beats Arabjoe by resignation

Well played - I had a feeling I was walking into a trap by taking your Bishop... and it turned out I was.

I had 6 games on the go at some point this weekend - hopefully will be caught up with all of my fixtures (/defeats) in the next few days.

Division A

Win for me against Purplekangaroo89

It very nearly ended in a draw despite me being well ahead by the endgame - thankfully I saw the possible stalemate just before confirming the move.

Thanks for the game @craigkillie

Division B, Round 8. 

IncomingExile so woefully shite that he wants to publicly apologise to ancientnoise for having wasted his time. My worst game of the season so far. I am but a worm. 

ancientnoise by checkmate before the away supporter had finishing paying for his taxi. Enjoy the rest of the season.