P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Table and Fixtures for Division B

Division B P W D L Pts
ancientnoise 5 5 0 0 15
Basedgodsa1nt 3 3 0 0 9
stewartmathers 3 3 0 0 9
mackieboz 2 1 1 0 4
KenDeans 4 1 1 2 4
Dandies1983 3 1 0 2 3
N5_Spur 4 1 0 3 3
RBWatson 4 1 0 3 3
IncomingExile 4 0 2 2 2
XCTR94 4 0 0 4 0

Round 5
IncomingExile vs Dandies1983
KenDeans vs stewartmathers
RBWatson vs N5_Spur
mackieboz vs ancientnoise
XCTR94 vs Basedgodsa1nt

Round 6
stewartmathers vs IncomingExile
Dandies1983 vs RBWatson
ancientnoise vs KenDeans
N5_Spur vs XCTR94
Basedgodsa1nt vs mackieboz

As usual the results and tables are available on the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iEm3KhDrq-Ri6Jbz6pgRdNyKNfhtWyuvphTI-1ss9Ig

Also note, in the light of recent events, if you're going to start playing fixtures before they appear in the weekly fixture posts, that you will have to report which fixture (i.e. the round number) was being played so I know what you're up to. Also, if you do this, and your opponent comes back and claims they didn't know they were playing a league game, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, I'll have to assume this was a friendly, and you'll have to play the game out again for the actual result. Pre-empt the fixture list at your own risk!

Edited by Aim Here

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Table and Fixtures for Division B

Round 5
RBWatson vs N5_Spur

Round 6
N5_Spur vs XCTR94

Invite sent to XCTR94 / @SweeperDee for as and whenever.

RBWatson / @EvilScotsman - I've added you as a friend request as your profile doesn't allow players of my ilk to challenge you.  Christ knows why...

Dont know if this has been posted, not been paying attention. Apologies if it has and causes confusion.

Pleslie999 beats AH13STU by resignation. 

I didnt expect a Resignation as I thought there was still a bit of chess left, although I had a good position, all my attacks were getting swiftly swatted away, good game, looked forward to the return leg.

Round 4

stewartmathers vs mackieboz

Win for stewartmathers by resignation. 

Tough game which could have gone either way. Can't think of ever playing a match where both players' knights and bishops were taken but all 16 pawns remained on the board! 

Enjoyed it thanks!

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Division A

Board_stupid beats Plesslie999 by checkmate.

I got an early pawn fork on a bishop/knight. Once you go a piece down in this league it's hard to come back from, which proved to be the case.

Well played. Struggled to do anything of note, was always on the back foot. Tried my hardest to take it to an end game and perhaps fluke a stalemate. Alas it wasn't to be! 

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Just a quick note to @Aim Here - my username is PurpleKangaroo89, not PurpleKangaroo94.

Can I change mine to stewartmathers or ancientnoise? It'd look nicer in the league table. 

Division A

Board_stupid beats Invergowrie by resignation.

A bit of a wild game, the analysis was quite critical of us. Although it had settled down to a roughly even position and was looking like it might be heading for a draw when a defensive lapse let my queen in ro settle things.

Division B, RBWatson beats N5_Spur by checkmate.

Analysis confirms that I blew a forced checkmate earlier in the game, so I'm pleased to have got the win in the end after it appeared I had let you back into it.

Thanks for the game @N5 Spur.

Edited by EvilScotsman
Forgot league reorganisation.

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Division A

Board_stupid beats Invergowrie by resignation.

A bit of a wild game, the analysis was quite critical of us. Although it had settled down to a roughly even position and was looking like it might be heading for a draw when a defensive lapse let my queen in ro settle things.

GG

I thought I played OK but the analysis said otherwise. Just didn't notice that Q move as I was focusing on getting a passed pawn on the go 

Also don't think my loss to AH13STU has been noted yet. So, that's a thing that happened.