P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division A Table and Fixtures

Division A P W D L Pts
Board_Stupid 9 8 0 1 24
AimHere 10 6 0 3 18
PurpleKangaroo89 6 5 0 1 15
AlbinoRov 10 5 0 5 15
invergowrie 10 5 0 5 15
pleslie999 9 3 1 5 10
Arabjoe 9 3 0 6 9
PnbMathematics 8 2 1 4 7
AH13STU 6 2 0 4 6
markf268 7 1 0 6 3

Round 11
PurpleKangaroo89 vs Board_Stupid
AlbinoRov vs pleslie999
markf268 vs Arabjoe
PnbMathematics vs invergowrie
AH13STU vs AimHere

Round 12
AlbinoRov vs PurpleKangaroo89
Arabjoe vs Board_Stupid
pleslie999 vs PnbMathematics
AimHere vs markf268
invergowrie vs AH13STU

As usual, results and score calculations can be viewed on the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iEm3KhDrq-Ri6Jbz6pgRdNyKNfhtWyuvphTI-1ss9Ig/

Division B Table and Fixtures

Division B P W D L Pts
ancientnoise 9 9 0 0 27
stewartmathers 10 9 0 1 27
Basedgodsa1nt 8 6 0 2 18
RBWatson 9 6 0 3 18
Dandies1983 10 5 0 5 15
KenDeans 9 4 1 4 13
N5_Spur 10 3 0 7 9
mackieboz 10 2 1 7 7
IncomingExile 9 1 2 6 5
XCTR94 10 0 0 10 0

Round 11
IncomingExile vs mackieboz
N5_Spur vs Basedgodsa1nt
XCTR94 vs KenDeans
Dandies1983 vs ancientnoise
RBWatson vs stewartmathers

Round 12
N5_Spur vs IncomingExile
KenDeans vs mackieboz
Basedgodsa1nt vs Dandies1983
stewartmathers vs XCTR94
ancientnoise vs RBWatson

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Round 12
N5_Spur vs IncomingExile

Can't send a challenge to you, N5, on account of my justifiably low rating. WIll let you set that up when you're ready.  

1 hour ago, N5 Spur said:

Invitation sent to @IncomingExile, for as and when etc.

You've set me up as the 'home' side but you should be white in this fixture - I'm sure it won't matter in the end but if you want to re-send the challenge, it's your turn to kick-off. 

1 hour ago, IncomingExile said:

You've set me up as the 'home' side but you should be white in this fixture - I'm sure it won't matter in the end but if you want to re-send the challenge, it's your turn to kick-off. 

I've resent the invite, hopefully correctly this time.

7 minutes ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Saint beats @IncomingExile by checkmate.

I always enjoy our games and chats. I'll be keeping my eye on your fixtures for the remainder of the season. 

Good luck.

Cheers, a good game, thought I was doing okay and then got stuck, ran out of ideas.  Look forward to our next game. 

On 29/01/2023 at 12:16, Aim Here said:

Division B Table and Fixtures

Division B P W D L Pts
ancientnoise 9 9 0 0 27
stewartmathers 10 9 0 1 27
Basedgodsa1nt 8 6 0 2 18
RBWatson 9 6 0 3 18
Dandies1983 10 5 0 5 15
KenDeans 9 4 1 4 13
N5_Spur 10 3 0 7 9
mackieboz 10 2 1 7 7
IncomingExile 9 1 2 6 5
XCTR 0 0 0 10 0

Round 11
RBWatson vs stewartmathers

Round 12
ancientnoise vs RBWatson

help me oops GIF by Angry Birds

26 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

@Leicesterlichtie sent you a request (I think)

Pumped again by @mathematics well played mate. 

AH13STU has had my challenge in his inbox for the better part of a week. Probably he's slowing down his chess intake or something, since he was talking chess here on Tuesday.

In other news, markf268 lost to AimHere by what seemed like a premature resignation to me (I was ahead, but there didn't look like a killing blow anytime soon).

30 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

AH13STU has had my challenge in his inbox for the better part of a week. Probably he's slowing down his chess intake or something, since he was talking chess here on Tuesday.

In other news, markf268 lost to AimHere by what seemed like a premature resignation to me (I was ahead, but there didn't look like a killing blow anytime soon).

It possibly was premature but I just couldn't see any way to even threaten a comeback and the last couple of moves looked like they were going to leave be further behind.

Not sure if it made it into the thread, but a win for markf268 over On mathematics as well by checkmate - opponent went on the attack and left the back door open.

Apologies to my current opponents for My slow play. Chess.com does not seem to be sending me notifications as much as normal plus iv been pretty busy with work. Will try speed up, it's only delaying the inevitable anyway 😣

Edited by pleslie99

Division B Round 12

N5_Spur wins by checkmate against IncomingExile. Disappointed in that I'd got a decent attacking position with everything covered, but then gave away a rook after having already clocked the threat from his knight and then forgetting about my covering bishop. Then made a similar mistake later on, which hastened the end. 

Good game though, a tight tactical battle until the errors. The game review absolutely crucified me for not trading pieces early on, but I think the game would have been over a lot quicker......  

4 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

Division B Round 12

N5_Spur wins by checkmate against IncomingExile. Disappointed in that I'd got a decent attacking position with everything covered, but then gave away a rook after having already clocked the threat from his knight and then forgetting about my covering bishop. Then made a similar mistake later on, which hastened the end. 

Good game though, a tight tactical battle until the errors. The game review absolutely crucified me for not trading pieces early on, but I think the game would have been over a lot quicker......  

I was lucky to get the win, even though I captured your queen early on. Even with that theoretical advantage, I couldn't get my queen into the game until the first rook taking mentioned above, and I really was reliant on the error. Saying that, I defended my position fairly well but the first rook error made the difference. From then on, my queen came into play and the trading/picking off of material suited my ends.

Enjoyed the game, thanks and good luck for the rest of the tournament.