P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

On 06/02/2021 at 21:27, Leicesterlichtie said:

In the other game, the Spiders started the match with some open and attacking play.The home side weathered the storm and tried to play on the counter. Neither keeper was troubled and the game fizzled out in a draw. Both managers were contempt with the result and look forward to the return fixture later in the season.

AH13STU 1/2-1/2 Ziggy_The_Spider

Thanks for the game but I think I was lucky to escape with a draw. Castling queenside was far too bold, it just put my king in the firing line.

Pleased to get a dodgy away draw, it’ll be different in the home fixture.

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Thanks for the game but I think I was lucky to escape with a draw. Castling queenside was far too bold, it just put my king in the firing line.

Pleased to get a dodgy away draw, it’ll be different in the home fixture.

Spent ages trying to work out a way to break through but thought a draw this early in the season was fine. Look forward to playing at the national stadium in the away fixture.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

What a fuckin terrible move from me! Well done, I did not notice that at all.

I think you missed a check mate, so was living on borrowed time. You should also have taken my rook for the loss of your horse.  I made two errors at the start and totally lost control of the board and the game.

That’s definitely one that got away from you.

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I think you missed a check mate, so was living on borrowed time. You should also have taken my rook for the loss of your horse.  I made two errors at the start and totally lost control of the board and the game.

That’s definitely one that got away from you.

I know, I am raging with myself at that one! Well played getting the win in that one! Good game.

Good game STU. Reamed again. Couldn't handle the aggressive start and basically spent two hours sobbing gently as I desperately tried to defend undefendable positions. Resigned (YOU RESIGN NOW) as it was a friendly rather than drag out the inevitable. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Another win for me Elrohana vs Bri1962.

Probably the best of the wins - Bri1962 played really well and had me worried for a while.

My last move killed him - nh5 - no way to stop the mate - so he resigned.Screenshot_20210208_204446_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.1517fc1530b1a48dac109a2f887c73e9.jpegScreenshot_20210208_204411_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.9001c6948e26608c9be94056100470de.jpeg

I was just about to post the result there..beat me to it again,

I  probably edged the start without gaining anything but once you got my bishop tied up i couldn't get out the bit was relying on a mistake from you but it was never gonna happen. Well played .

I  probably edged the start without gaining anything but once you got my bishop tied up i couldn't get out the bit was relying on a mistake from you but it was never gonna happen. Well played .
Queen move to double up with my rook to attack your Bishop with your undefended Knight also attacked at the same time was the killer move.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
34 minutes ago, keptie said:

Queen move to double up with my rook to attack your Bishop with your undefended Knight also attacked at the same time was the killer move.

Yeah that's what won it for you, i could've tried to attack your king with my Queen and knight but i'm sure you would have spotted it.

Division A week 2

PurpleKangaroo89 beats DiegoDiegoPB by resignation.

Quite a tough game. At least from my perspective. Hopefully I made the kangaroo jump around a bit but in the end he was one of those kangaroos who live in the ring.

I'm really not a fan of being black, I should probably do some work on that side of the game instead of just playing white against the computer all the time. Kanga came out of the opening with a slight advantage in pawn structure and piece placement and kept ratcheting up the pressure until it was too much.

I still had a couple of chances. I was mate in one twice if he'd made a mouse slip and if he hadn't been so utterly ruthless in blitzing me off at the end I had a draw by repetition opportunity.

A very tough opponent. Congratulations to him, and to others beware!

Edit: nooooooooooooooo! 22. g6 forks the queen and the rook. I properly Iwelumoed it.