P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Surely with a timer all you need to do is find one hour a week you're mutually free with one other person? If people think they won't be able to schedule a time then that's fair enough. I find a set time for rapid games much easier than having a game played in fits and starts.

Regarding relegation and promotion, as a struggling Division A club I think it is clear that now is not the time to entertain such matters. We shouldn't be considering any relegation during a pandemic. Some of their bishops are going to cathedral before games, I don't want them bringing the virus into our bubble. Besides, how many of These Division B diddies have compliant stadia? Raise the drawbridge!

23 hours ago, Scorge said:

Your original proposal of two up two down automatically and a play off for A8/B3 and B8/C3 with the lower player taking white sounds best to me. Guarantees more fresh opposition each subsequent season and filters the natural pecking order quicker.

Think we’ll go with this

4 up/down sounds too brutal and harsh, especially during a pandemic 

Will get a 960 cup draw sorted today 8)

10 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Colt teams in Division C will improve our game and help our national side qualify for the big tournaments.

If any Division C teams are looking to form a development partnership type arrangement, I've got a young Rook that's got bags of potential but can't break into the starting 16 at the moment?

Edited by Gordon EF

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If any Division C teams are looking to form a development partnership type arrangement, I've got a young Rook that's got bags of potential but can't break into the starting 16 at the moment?

I've got a knight and a pawn on the transfer list if you fancy a swap deal?

THE BETH HARMON SCOTTISH CUP

Straight knock out, home team is White obviously 

THIS IS 960 Chess, if you’re unsure what that is play a game against someone else on the internet first 

Draws go to a replay 

First Round

Johnnydun418 v DieHardDoonhamer 

flamingalah01 v GCarlos9 

Strachanovski v Purplekangaroo89 

DiegoDiegoPB v eindhovendee 

mackieboz v Ziggy_The_Spider 

Arabjoe v NotThePars 

Cardinalrichie v LudoNo1 

GordonEF v el_scorgio 

GordonS496 v Elrohana 

RicheyEdwards v AH13STU 

Bri1962 v Dandies1983 

markf268 v madwullie 

hammysgetinpumped v beef2711 

gkneil v invergowrie 

84BDAAC5-E585-49A5-8CD7-09F8DFB08E15.jpeg

842FDFDA-5A0F-4D3D-956C-3118D20B6AF2.jpeg

Edited by Frank Grimes

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Just played a couple of games of 960 against stockfish on a low setting. My word, anyone who doesn't hang their queen in the first ten moves is doing well. This'll be carnage.

Me when I end up with R, N, B, K, Q, B, N, R....

Spoiler

rIq6ASPIqo2k0.gif