P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Divison B, Round 9, el_scorgio beats Dandies1983 by checkmate. Burned a bishop early on to grab the queen, and then gradually fired everything into the corner. Another away win courtesy of some dirty Sicilian action, mmm.

sicilian.jpg

Divison B, Round 9, el_scorgio beats Dandies1983 by checkmate. Burned a bishop early on to grab the queen, and then gradually fired everything into the corner. Another away win courtesy of some dirty Sicilian action, mmm.

sicilian.jpg.97e0ebc4b3f4ed170272043a1d58b66e.jpg
That was a quite lovely move to capture the queen. A good reminder to always look for checks (both your own and your opponents) first!

12 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:
Division A
P
W
L
D
Pts
LudoNo1
AH13STU
Purplekangaroo89
DiegoDiegoPB
Ziggy_The_Spider
gkneil
madwullie
Cardinalrichie
Strachanovski
RicheyEdwards

Round 9

LudoNo1 v AH13STU

RicheyEdwards v DiegoDiegoPB

Purplekangaroo89 v Strachanovski

Ziggy_The_Spider v CardinalRichie

gkneil v madwullie

Round 10

DiegoDiegoPB v LudoNo1

Strachanovski v AH13STU

Cardinalrichie v RicheyEdwards

madwullie v Purplekangaroo89

gkneil v Ziggy_The_Spider

Me looking at the league table and the fixture list.

template-im-in-danger-0c6db91aec9c.jpg.56f8d2ee0816afe405138649970daf2f.jpg

51 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, Scorge said:

sicilian.jpg.97e0ebc4b3f4ed170272043a1d58b66e.jpg

That was a quite lovely move to capture the queen. A good reminder to always look for checks (both your own and your opponents) first!

Just watched it. Absolutely beautiful move.

1 hour ago, Scorge said:

sicilian.jpg

Very well played 

Losing the Queen was bad enough but I didn’t spot the counter check when I forked your Rooks with my Knight.

Borrowed time after that.

Finally got another win on the board against @arab_joe though 

He took control early on picking up one of my Rooks but made a fatal error in bringing his King into play to pinch a pawn which meant I was able to take his Queen. Completely flipped the game on its head. 

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

GordonS496 beats GCarlos9 by suicide bomb.

I look forward to more bullets in the post.

I know there was supposed to be a trap in there of some sort, but I couldn't see it. I thought offering the queen trade might spoil your plans.

17 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Just aborted our game flamingalah01.

Started a 960 game - not paying attention - last game I had was my 960 cup match so obviously kept the settings.

Doh!!!

emoji849.png

Have set up property now.

I wouldn’t have noticed.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I know there was supposed to be a trap in there of some sort, but I couldn't see it. I thought offering the queen trade might spoil your plans.

You had that spot on, it would ruin my plans.  But you know blundering two pieces to you spoiled my plans more 😂

In my head the Russian coach from Queen’s Gambit was standing over me, kicking me to death stating “You Must Resign Now”.

A rematch friendly?

32 minutes ago, Loki said:

You had that spot on, it would ruin my plans.  But you know blundering two pieces to you spoiled my plans more 😂

In my head the Russian coach from Queen’s Gambit was standing over me, kicking me to death stating “You Must Resign Now”.

A rematch friendly?

I really struggle to cope with two games at once, so can it wait until after Henderson has finished doing the mean things to me that he's so clearly lining up to do?

On 26/02/2021 at 09:19, madwullie said:

Really impressed with the staying power lads. Must admit a cynical part of me thought this would crash and burn with pull-outs well before now. 

Heroes to a fucking man 🙇 

tenor (7).gif

I've found the format difficult, especially when games run into the Monday, and I'll probably not play next season, but you'd have to be a bit of a d!ck to walk away and leave folk without an opponent. I misread the format and thought it was one game a week rather than two, but I still wouldn't consider chucking it. If I just stop playing and posting, assume I've died.

I've found the format difficult, especially when games run into the Monday, and I'll probably not play next season, but you'd have to be a bit of a d!ck to walk away and leave folk without an opponent. I misread the format and thought it was one game a week rather than two, but I still wouldn't consider chucking it. If I just stop playing and posting, assume I've died.

There's a decent chance I'll be back off furlough at some point next season so one game a week would be a welcome change for me.