Morton vs Arbroath

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I really liked the second commentator by the way. Andy Ritchie I think? 

Delighted with that. Everyone played well. Williamson, Gold, Linn or Hamilton all could’ve been motm for me.  

Second commentator.....Boy.......the day the smoked haddies ever come CLOSE to having a player such as Andy Ritchie....I 'll buy you a fish supper....oh hang on............................................................................

3 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Second commentator.....Boy.......the day the smoked haddies ever come CLOSE to having a player such as Andy Ritchie....I 'll buy you a fish supper....oh hang on............................................................................

Mentioned in the same breath as Joe Jordan so must have been no bad anyway. 

In my twenties unfortunately so never heard of him before today. Seemed a nice guy who knew his stuff.

16 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Are you ok?

39 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Played better with ten men the other night than we ever have with Robbie fucking Muirhead on the park. He's far from our only issue but f**k me...

As bad as Muirhead is, and he should have been punted this month rather than having his contract extended, he was probably the least bad of the midfielders and attackers today even considering his laziness in the build up to the goal. McGuffie, Oliver and Nesbitt were all so dreadful it was offensive to watch.

McGinty fucked up again for the goal to add to being responsible for both we conceded on Wednesday. He's back to the player he was last season, get him dropped.

Now McAlister's gone we don't really have much choice but to pick one of them until Jacobs is fit again, but Blues and Millar as a partnership just shouldn't ever happen. Lyon should be a guaranteed starter and he can at least go some of the way to covering for the obvious deficiencies of the one he's stuck beside rather than playing them together and surrending the midfield entirely.

Arbroath were comfortably the better team and deserved their win, but when it's been fine margins like that you have to wonder what would have happened if we'd had anything close to our best team on the park rather than playing our fourth and fifth choice central midfielders for no apparent reason.

6 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Dick has played a blinder getting Williamson and Hamilton on loan. The difference between losing games by one goal and winning by one.

Hamilton was excellent, and it's a reasonable guess that if you take him out that Arbroath team and put Doolan or Donnelly in his place that game ends 0-0.

It's almost as if signing a player to address an obvious weakness in your team is a sensible thing to do in a transfer window and is especially important when you're in a relegation battle, as Alloa, Arbroath and Queen of the South have all realised.

Meanwhile Morton have let three players leave and show no indication of bothering their arses to address the similar glaring deficiencies in the squad.

2 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

Very poor Morton side. Never really attempted to win the game.

Playing at home and  it was clear right from the start, would have been more than happy with a point.

Well done Arbroath if nothing else for showing far more ambition.

Absolute standard from putrid Morton and there embarrassing tattie field, Got what they deserved the day 😂

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In my twenties unfortunately so never heard of him before today. Seemed a nice guy who knew his stuff.

our live stream started with Andy scoring direct from a free kick...Keeper?.....one Alan Rough.Enjoy.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Precisely ... you're a wean....beddy time and dont forget yer teddy 🐻

2 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Andy Ritchie was a magnificent footballer, seen him often, but this is the post of a petulant 5 yr old

3 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Did you have inside information on our team lines and game plan.

I think we were lucky there need to grow balls and give it a go. This holding for 0 v 0 to the end of the season won't work.

While I appreciate Jim McAlister's contribution over the years wronged man to brink on as our last sub.

Yep, if only we 'gave it a go' with all our top-notch forward options like, erm, Kalvin Orsi then we surely would have romped home by four or five goals!

_90011794_tonyf.jpg.038af2a158d1664709649abe5d5b5327.jpg

There are a couple of players like Lyon and Colville who should be in the starting lineup and would offer more, but the reality is that the Morton squad is the weakest in the division right now. Queen of the South, Arbroath and Alloa have all strengthened wisely in the transfer window and two of them are already much better off for the intervention. We've sloughed off a manager, chief executive (no great losses other than the wild turbulence it has caused midseason), as well as McPake, MacIver and McAlister from a bloated but piss-poor squad in terms of actual ability. The club doesn't have a goalkeeping coach or a backup to warm the bench. 

The problem here lies squarely then with the chinless wankers trying to slink out of the club with 'their' money back one way or another. There's nothing more that can be reasonably expected from that set of players. If they keep shitfesting and have enough good days then they'll scrape enough points to survive. Whenever they're not performing well then they're just going to lose because there is no genuine quality to bail them out. 

Edited by vikingTON