Kilmarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Delighted if it’s Tommy Wright to be honest. The board couldn’t afford to take a big gamble and, in terms of win % (or maybe more of a low loss %) and experience in this league he is the best appointment we could make. A really sensible decision.

Totally agree with some of the St Johnstone fans opinions around his big runs of form that he seems to have and if he does go on a winless run at the start we will be fucked of course.

Regarding the pitch I don’t think his opinion will have changed and neither should it. However I think that he is the type of manager to use all the things about the pitch that he hates to our advantage. I assume that was one of this biggest gripes with the pitch in that he felt it put his teams at a disadvantage as they weren’t used to it.

10 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:
24 minutes ago, tree house tam said:
Regarding Tommy and plastic pitches... he hates them. If he says otherwise now he's a lying c**t because I've heard it spew out is mouth several times.

He is correct, I hate them too.

After watching recent games on poor quality grass pitches in the top league in Scotland are they really that bad? Personally I would rather Killie played on a grass pitch but certainly not the standard of the likes of Hibs  and a few others.

19 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

I would rather Killie played on a grass pitch but certainly not the standard of the likes of Hibs  and a few others.

Its tricky, Hibs were due to do a lot of maintenance to the pitch in the summer (basically a rip up and renew job) but they couldnt get it done due to covid etc.

Hibs pitch looks terrible, but it seems to run ok - bizarrely.

So we are where we are til next season at least.

Absolutely delighted with this. Gives us a fighting chance to stay up and if he does, only 5/6 players in contract for next season so a great chance to build his own team, for long as we stay in the top flight. 
Fraser Wright as assistant aswell is good to hear get that c**t Millen away

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

On paper this is absolutely the obvious choice but something about it gives me the fear. I reckon he'll just about keep Killie up but I don't see him doing particularly well next season.

If he does it'll be TW's own doing having a blank canvas all but half a dozen players to build his own team.....

3 hours ago, Killiefan said:

After watching recent games on poor quality grass pitches in the top league in Scotland are they really that bad? Personally I would rather Killie played on a grass pitch but certainly not the standard of the likes of Hibs  and a few others.

The trick is go with a grass pitch and make sure it’s done properly, if Motherwell can do it why can’t others ? The Motherwell pitch used to be dreadful, it’s the same stadium.

I'm not sure this is the best career move for Wright. Despite being the 3rd manager since Clarke, I wonder if any success he does achieve will always look poor in comparison as the bond between Killie fans and Clarke was strong. In fact, I'm not sure that's even it, there's just a 'vibe' about it. 

Did Alessio or Dyer do terrible jobs in comparison to other Killie managers in recent memory? 

That said, I am hugely jealous as I thought he'd be a perfect fit for us.

Least I can still refer to him as a fat fucking grass.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not sure this is the best career move for Wright. Despite being the 3rd manager since Clarke, I wonder if any success he does achieve will always look poor in comparison as the bond between Killie fans and Clarke was strong. In fact, I'm not sure that's even it, there's just a 'vibe' about it. 

Did Alessio or Dyer do terrible jobs in comparison to other Killie managers in recent memory? 

That said, I am hugely jealous as I thought he'd be a perfect fit for us.

Least I can still refer to him as a fat fucking grass.

Dyer has the worst record of any Killie manager. 

Wright would not get grief due to ineptitude of dyer I’m sure if he steadies ship and gets us top 6 again

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

On paper this is absolutely the obvious choice but something about it gives me the fear. I reckon he'll just about keep Killie up but I don't see him doing particularly well next season.

Agree it's 100% the obvious choice and easily the most sensible appointment Killie could make. I'm sure he'll be absolutely fine.

The one reservation I had when he was being touted for the Motherwell job was that it's presumably been a while since he's actually had to come into a new club and turn things around. Like, he had poor runs with St Johnstone and invariably fixed their problems and his record with them speaks for itself but he also had the credit in the bank and a strong core of his own players.

I'd imagine how he deals with a new club/culture is the acid test.