Rangers vs St Johnstone, Wednesday 3 February 2021

I think it'll be back to 5-2-3 tonight. Despite results, it's been alright against the Old Firm. Obviously that pocket between midfield and defence is a worry but equally, if you go with the other systems we've been using, you invite their full backs up the pitch. Maybe we need to play without a number nine? Just use O'Halloran's pace as a weapon. 

Clark

Brown - Kerr - Gordon - McCart - Tanser 

Craig

O'Halloran - Bryson - McCann - Conway

Craig-Levein-931382.jpg.5acfa5e92b8cd41915f4a71e2f31d868.jpg

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hopefully we see Melamed/Kane together, really think having two bodies up there, and Melamed being so good on the ball, could help keep possession better than we usually do. Wotherspoon could be a match winner if he brings recent form into this too.

First goal is a must.

Don't listen to Pep here, listen to Craig. 

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

I think it'll be back to 5-2-3 tonight. Despite results, it's been alright against the Old Firm. Obviously that pocket between midfield and defence is a worry but equally, if you go with the other systems we've been using, you invite their full backs up the pitch. Maybe we need to play without a number nine? Just use O'Halloran's pace as a weapon. 

Clark

Brown - Kerr - Gordon - McCart - Tanser 

Craig

O'Halloran - Bryson - McCann - Conway

Craig-Levein-931382.jpg.5acfa5e92b8cd41915f4a71e2f31d868.jpg

Kerr providing the attacking threat by overlapping from centre back.

In an alternative universe we're going here with top scorer in the league, Isaac Olaofe, looking to further his goal tally at the place it all started.

Just a heads up for anyone watching this through the PPV tonight - Rangers have relaunched the RangersTV website and app, and as part of it everyone who previously held an RTV account, and all VST holders, have to re-register accounts. More than half of VST holders have already done so before the game tonight, but that still leaves quite a lot of people trying to register about an hour before the match.

If you're planning on getting the PPV, I'd consider getting it now and getting your account set up nice and early before a flood of people crash the registration system at 7pm.

13 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

As much as I hate saying anything positive about Rangers, Steven Gerrard has been talking about us in a flattering manner during his pre-match press conference. I was almost blushing whilst listening to his praise. Is this a trap? Should we trust him or does he have ulterior motives?

He's generally a respectful guy to be fair, he's not a billy big bollocks. He's a manager that has proven he learns with each game so for him him to praise the Saints means he's done his homework. St Johnstone are a tidy outfit on their day. 

Anyways the line up for tonight, 

-------------------------------McGregor

Tavernier ---------Goldson-----------Balogun----------Barasic

--------------------------------Jack

-------------------------Davis-------Aribo

Itten-----------------------------------------------------------Kent

--------------------------------Roofe

I don't like Itten out wide but I don't trust him yet to lead the line himself from the start so he'll benefit with having the wiser head of Roofe beside him plus he'll give us an aerial option from the get go.  So long as Roofe floats around the back line and doesn't drop deep we should get into them sooner rather than later.  Jack should keep the counter attack closed and Balogun should have the pace to deal with anything that slips through the net. I don't like Aribo central but it gives us a link between the forwards and midfield without relying on Davis too much. Our bench will carry more impact should we need it. 

Edited by TommyLeePwns

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

Clark

Brown Rooney Kerr McCart Booth

McCann Gilmour Wotherspoon

O’Halloran Kane

Always something fairly random picked in these games

He is the master of the XG tbf.

Not surprised that the manager has rotated things a bit. He needed to get Brown a game at some point and Bryson is our best midfielder at using the ball. He has his faults but this is the sort of game where he can be used. 

Be interesting to see McCann in the front three again.

Happy with that team. Confident of at least a 3-0 victory. The squad is getting back to its peak at a good time for what with the Europa League games coming up.

Rangers haven’t conceded a goal this season when Jack has played and Helander is undefeated since he joined in 2019. Fully expect that to continue.