Motherwell v Dundee United Nil

Well, it seems we have been playing much better over the past few games. It's great to see that we are actually taking points off fellow relegation candidates like Ross County and Dundee United.

It should have been more comfortable. So many missed chances but atleast we scored 2 this time before conceding. Fuch should be off and we should have had a penalty but what the he'll was the referre sniffing tonight? Nearly cost us with the whole substitution situation as well. Thank god we have a keeper of Kelly's level in goals.

I hope that we can continue this and take some points off of Celtic this weekend. They haven't been at their best so there is a little bit more hope than I would normally have. Need to defend much better however.

Edited by Phillips455

Thank f**k for that.

We really need to sort out what we are doing in the last 10 minutes. No one knows where and when to press. And not a clue about where our out ball is.

Alexander inherits Robo-itis and doesn't get a sub stripped just in case the guy who has been on the deck for 5 minutes can't continue.

Won't deny Well we're a bit better than United in the match but apart from the 2 set pieces I think we played pretty decent tonight. 
We were ok for large parts of the game but were giving chances away. Siegrist made some excellent stops.

That 20 minute period in the first half when we fell to bits killed us. Problem is that 20 minutes is the minimum we play like that every game just now.

Just now, Aladdin said:

We were ok for large parts of the game but were giving chances away. Siegrist made some excellent stops.

That 20 minute period in the first half when we fell to bits killed us. Problem is that 20 minutes is the minimum we play like that every game just now.

Definitely seen a difference tonight from a lot of the other matches. 

I'd really like to see Smith actually running at people though. Every time he got the ball tonight he stopped it dead rather than running at the well player. 

Good few occasions he could have tried to take it past him and make the cross rather than stop and play it infield. 

Sounds like an improvement on our recent abject performances, but it's still another loss. Saturday is a big game now, especially as County turned things round against Accies tonight.

Hopefully the Clark for Pawlett sub at half time is the penny finally dropping for Mellon that having the three strikers on at the same time is not working.

That was so much more nervy that it should have been. What a tremendous game of football. I thought we had a shaky first ten minutes and then should have been further out of sight by half time. We missed further chances in the second half and have to thank Kelly for two top drawer saves.

When I saw Lamie and Mugabi at the back it reminded me of the halcyon days off HerbaBlyth upfront under McGhee. However, GA has turned Mugabi into a rock and big Decanter into his dad. To be fair to Lamie he was reasonably solid for once. Watt is brilliant at holding the ball up and that was much more like it from Long. Can we keep Kelly please?

On Wednesdays we win.

ETA I enjoyed Chrissy Long’s Higdon moment with a goal celebration for the fans.