Do Rangers get a "free pass" from referees?

Does Rangers get a "free pass" from referees?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, TonyFerrino said:

Same club mate.  That is a matter of public record. 

Anyway, I'm delighted for you boys.  Real Roy of the Rovers stuff.

You're clearly fuming pal. Anyway I do actually believe Hibs will eventually beat us again. I know it's been a long time but it will probably happen one day.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Direct quotes from Tom Farmer,  you know the guy who used to own Hibs....

The 1991 accounts that you get through that link state that the club's shares were bought from its former parent. That is parent that owns a subsidiary, not the made up rangers definition of parent. 

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

Edinburgh Hibernian PLC went into liquidation in 1991. Farmer reconstituted the club. “The club was on the stock exchange only that one time,” recalls Farmer. “It came back into private ownership when I came along. But what I did, everybody who had shares with Hibs, I gave them equivalent shares in the new format.

“So if someone had bought 100 shares and lost their money, what they got was 100 shares in the new format – the original club people had bought shares in went into liquidation. There was a new club, a new Hibernian. These people may well still have these shares today"

🤣 If you type "were Hibs liquidated" in yo Google then it literally gives you a link to the Hibs thread where Bennett has this one explained to him by @Aim Here

10 minutes ago, DMCs said:

You're clearly fuming pal. Anyway I do actually believe Hibs will eventually beat us again. I know it's been a long time but it will probably happen one day.

I actually am delighted.  Celtic not winning 'the ten' has fair tickled me pink.

Unfortunately it was your mob who stopped it, but you cannae have everything eh! 

13 minutes ago, DMCs said:

When Hibs beat you again it will never be as good as THAT cup final, nearly as good as the years we owned you muppets in your infant years in the Premiership 

47 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Same club mate.  That is a matter of public record. 

Anyway, I'm delighted for you boys.  Real Roy of the Rovers stuff.

If former owner Tom Farmer says that Hibs were liquidated then that's good enough for me.

6 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005323/filing-history?page=11

It's all not there for you, in black and white. 

For reference, that's what a club going out of existence looks like.

Screenshot_20210204-203528_Chrome.jpg

What relevance has that got with Tom Farmer admitting that Hibs were liquidated?

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

What relevance has that got with Tom Farmer admitting that Hibs were liquidated?

They weren't, as the Hibernian Football Club Companies House entry clearly shows.  

The Rangers Football Club screenshot is an example of what you won't find.  I'm helpful like that.  

1 minute ago, bennett said:

It's a depiction of what shows up in Companies House - the actual forum of record for companies registered in the United Kingdom - when a football club gets liquidated.

You won't see any of those winding up order documents, or any functional equivalents for the CompaniesHouse entry for Hibernian Football Club Limited. Instead, it has an unbroken history since the records began in 1903. Therefore, insofar as your quotes about Tom Farmer claiming Hibs were liquidated are accurate - then Sir Tom Farmer, and by extension, you, are talking shite.

Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

They weren't, as the Hibernian Football Club Companies House entry clearly shows.  

The Rangers Football Club screenshot is an example of what you won't find.  I'm helpful like that.  

Was former Hibs owner Tom Farmer mistaken when he admitted that Hibs were liquidated?

Surely he would be well aware of what happened during that time period?

43 minutes ago, Empty It said:
48 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:
Has anyone ever met a genuinely intelligent Rangers fan?  

I know a few that are fine but as soon as football is mentioned it's like their heads have been thrown in a microwave and their brains melted, same with celtic fans.

Two of my nephews - well, probably more than two - are died in the wool Rangers fans. One is a chartered accountant and is high up in the HMRC (ironic, eh?) and the other is a chartered engineer who also has a high powered job.

But on the subject of football...