Dons v Saints - The Jim Goodwin Audition For A Big Job

Guest Bob Mahelp

Is this the longest we’ve been without a goal since thin season with Ebbe when we eventually Andy Dow scored?

I think so. That was 6 league games without a goal in 99 - 591 mins in total.

Full time today is 463 mins and we are a match and a half from pumping that record. Up next is 2 trips to Parkhead either side of Kili at home.

FT 0-0
Take that all day long, a fantastic point for us. The wheels certainly haven’t fell off the wagon as I read earlier this week, we’re still doing just fine. Draw a fair result but if anyone deserved to win the game it was us, we had the best chance of the match in the first half.
What an absolute gang Aberdeen are. We go to their place to play our 7th game in 20 days missing several key first team players. They can’t get us at all, they barely created a chance the whole game. Absolutely brutal and I have no idea how they have so many points.
Our top performers were at the back again, yet another clean sheet. That defensive quartet of Fraser, McCarthy, Shaughnessy and Tait is comfortably the best I’ve ever seen at the club. They’re all experienced and know their roles and they ate up everything that the Dons threw at them today.
Special mention to Marcus Fraser, I think he’s brilliant. Solid as they come at right back and does get forward too. He’s only 26 and just on a one year deal. He’d be near the top of my ‘new contract please’ list.
Still think 40 points should do it for top six, seven to go now. And now four home games in a row, beat Accies on Wednesday and we are well on our way.

Poor result and poor performance but the wind obviously contributed.

Only saw a replay of the incident once but it looks like we should have had a penalty for handball at the end.

Probably the only plusses were Kamberi's performance and for the first time against St Mirren this season McPherson didn't boss the middle of the park.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Erhahon may have got away with one there.

Just now, Illgresi said:

That was a penalty off Erhahon's hand. Absolute stonewaller.

Going on the new rules? I think so. It's not like the Shankland penalty we got, the ball ricocheted and Erhahon had his hands in an "unnatural position" but it definitely looked like it hit his hand. The camera angle was not entirely the best to see though.