Celtic v tory no voting Aberdeen. 17th Feb

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

That’s just my personal opinion, as much as I would have enjoyed Aberdeen getting a penalty against Celtic, I wouldn’t want to see St Mirren penalised in the same way. 

There’s no chance of that happening against us anyway, on Saturday one of your guy’s had his hand above his shoulder when the ball hit it, and we still didn’t get a penalty.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen fans crying about not getting a penalty when they had Cosgrove winning them by falling over every time he was in the box for the past 2 years...

*shakes head*

Coming on a Celtic v Aberdeen thread to moan about a penalty against St Johnstone from 3 months ago is much better.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen fans crying about not getting a penalty when they had Cosgrove winning them by falling over every time he was in the box for the past 2 years...

*shakes head*

Tbf it’s really just joey, age is probably taking it toll on his eyesight/mind. Bless him.  

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That's great Joey, but at 74 you just need to take it easy and make sure you're getting plenty rest.

Sitting back in my armchair with my slippers on, cup of coffee to hand made by my wonderful wife,watching the referee not giving a stonewall penalty, on a loop. Chillin’.

59 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I wasn't watching but when I heard that Celtic scored my initial reaction was that it was offside.

Celtic playing the ball out from the back and into the Aberdeen's net, you have got to applaud the sheep's social distancing skills.
I think scoring the penalty if Aberdeen got one would be the hardest part.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic playing the ball out from the back and into the Aberdeen's net, you have got to applaud the sheep's social distancing skills.
I think scoring the penalty if Aberdeen got one would be the hardest part.

Offside is offside.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 hours ago, tarapoa said:

It's maybe because we have no idea what a "stonewall penalty" is any more.

Penalty given against Hoban in Paisley and Watkins in the Motherwell game early season for unintentional transgressions based on their body silhouette at the time.  Handball against Hoban just outside the box tonight given.

Shankland's volleyball on the line at Tanndice against us - no penalty.

St Mirren player puts his arms out on Sat and ball hits him - no penalty.

Celtic player this evening in replica of Hoban's handball offence later on - no penalty.

Apparently there's a technical rule now, but it's not being applied with consistency - and given we keeping hitting the woodwork and getting key players injured - it would be nice if these things at least balanced themselves off.......

There's an element of frustration involved because as you point out, when it comes to handball penalty decisions, Aberdeen have pretty much had the shitty end of the stick for a while now. 

The 2 penalty shouts you mention....Shankland punching the ball off the line and the St Mirren player last week.....should have been certain penalties under any interpretation of the law. Then contrast that with Hoban in Paisley and ridiculously, Watkins against Motherwell (where no opposition player even appealed for a penalty) which were far more innocuous handballs than the one last night. 

Nobody has a feckin clue what a referee will give, and Muir last night.....a clown under any set of circumstances....seemed to apply a different interpretation of the law every 5 minutes. Even to the point of giving a handball when the ball hit Ferguson's face. 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Sitting back in my armchair with my slippers on, cup of coffee to hand made by my wonderful wife,watching the referee not giving a stonewall penalty, on a loop. Chillin’.

At your age you shouldn't be drinking coffee that late in the day mate😉

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There's an element of frustration involved because as you point out, when it comes to handball penalty decisions, Aberdeen have pretty much had the shitty end of the stick for a while now. 

The 2 penalty shouts you mention....Shankland punching the ball off the line and the St Mirren player last week.....should have been certain penalties under any interpretation of the law. Then contrast that with Hoban in Paisley and ridiculously, Watkins against Motherwell (where no opposition player even appealed for a penalty) which were far more innocuous handballs than the one last night. 

Nobody has a feckin clue what a referee will give, and Muir last night.....a clown under any set of circumstances....seemed to apply a different interpretation of the law every 5 minutes. Even to the point of giving a handball when the ball hit Ferguson's face. 

We got away with one v Motherwell a couple of weeks ago though.