Scotland squad face March 2021

Craigieboy86

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns reporting it, so it sounds concrete.

Massive upgrade on anything we have. Never know how he'll react to International football etc., but it's brilliant Clarke is able to talk him into it, and also shows the power of actually qualifying for things.

Can he boogie though?

Bit shite how he’s interested all of a sudden now that Scotland have qualified but the lack of decent strikers at the moment makes him hard to ignore.

More like he's now interested because we no longer have an absolute clown of a manager.

https://t.co/Q4lfMUiIvB

A scouting report for those who don’t know much about Adams. 

A player who’s main strength is holding the ball up and chance creation likely means the end of Oli McBurnies time and a relegation of Lyndon Dykes to the bench. 

Also, making runs in the channels means we will finally have an answer to a team that plays with a high line. Good luck doing that against Adams and Fraser.

8 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Also Che Adams is meh. I don't share the excitement at all on him.

He is not McBurnie or Burke or ???

Out and out attackers are where we are at our weakest. 

Someone / Anyone playing for a premiership side in England and scoring is better than what we have. 

So he held off and was possibly swayed by playing at a finals. We literally have no other options. Dykes would get the nod but even he is sitting on the bench for QPR right now. 

I am not saying he is the saviour or anything like that but is likely to be a step up for sure. 

Still tbc of course. 

3 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

But he isn't scoring. I don't know where people are getting this idea from. 7 goals this season, 4 last season. From 58 games total. He is not a prolific player. 

He's better than what we currently have, but he's still quite average. 

Don't think anyone is claiming we've called up Erling Haaland here. If he's better than what we've got how can you possibly not be happy about it?

Reeks of contrarianism.

First of all, stop trying  to misattribute what I said. I didn't say I was unhappy he's been called up. I said I don't share the excitement here. A lot of which is misplaced, and predicated on the incorrect belief that he's some sort of free-scoring goal machine 

He's an average player, adding to a squad of mostly average players. He is not "brilliant" or a "massive upgrade" on what we have like some here have claimed. 

Literally no one has said he is a free scoring goal scoring machine. He is however a premiership standard striker (and not from a newly promoted team) When was the last time we had that?

It is utter nonsense to suggest he isn’t a massive upgrade on our other strikers, who have struggled to score a single goal this season at the same level. Or the level below.

Edited by No_Problemo

He's an average player, adding to a squad of mostly average players. He is not "brilliant" or a "massive upgrade" on what we have like some here have claimed. 

An average centre forward is a massive upgrade on some of the centre forwards we've capped recently though.

4 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

First of all, stop trying  to misattribute what I said. I didn't say I was unhappy he's been called up. I said I don't share the excitement here. A lot of which is misplaced, and predicated on the incorrect belief that he's some sort of free-scoring goal machine 

He's a huge upgrade on what we have. I can't think of one Scottish striker currently playing the game who I expect will play in the Premiership. We don't have even one.

8 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Asks not to be misattributed, immediately misattributes what everyone else is saying. 

He's better than what we have, everyone is relatively happy with it and you just had to be that guy.