Super saints v Accies 17/02/21

The Eddie Gallagher that scored for them in that clip, is that the one that played for us? 

(Ok, I've discovered Google since posting that and it was. I'll leave the post in case anyone fancies sharing more memories. I was a 9-year-old in the Midlands at the time of that game; I survived off Sunday Mail match reports passed on from my Grampa, and teletext, for St Mirren news. As it happens, one of my Grampa's bowls mates was an Accies fan. Good guy.)

Edited by Coventry Saint

Couldn't have been old Fergie as you would have got the accompanying tongue and hand action.
I can remember an Accies v St.Mirren game at the old Douglas Park and after a Saints goal, the whole  away support were singing "Fergie,Fergie, what's the score etc".
Fergie-resplendent in that black pinstripe suit he always wore- replied with the usual legendary gestures.Apparently it was two each judging by his ability to do the Harvey Smith's with both hands.
As for this game,the first goal will be vital.Whoever scores it,I don't fancy the other side to score two.
A 3-3 draw it is then lol.

Aye fergie was an interesting character [emoji1787][emoji1787]

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

The Eddie Gallagher that scored for them in that clip, is that the one that played for us? 

(Ok, I've discovered Google since posting that and it was. I'll leave the post in case anyone fancies sharing more memories. I was a 9-year-old in the Midlands at the time of that game; I survived off Sunday Mail match reports passed on from my Grampa, and teletext, for St Mirren news. As it happens, one of my Grampa's bowls mates was an Accies fan. Good guy.)

I remember Eddie Gallagher scoring 3 at the old boghead in Dumbarton, only for the sons to equalise in the last min. My Dad was raging.

Cracking wee striker all action type and a wee nuisance for defenders.

I remember Eddie Gallagher scoring 3 at the old boghead in Dumbarton, only for the sons to equalise in the last min. My Dad was raging.
I was at that game. Were we not winning 3-0?

18 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The music made me feel really old there, for some reason. The video footage looked ancient but the Killers still feel quite recent to me.

It's only from 2005 (the Killers Hot Fuss album was released a year or so before that). I think the fact it's from a dodgy vhs tape that makes it feel older.

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's only from 2005 (the Killers Hot Fuss album was released a year or so before that). I think the fact it's from a dodgy vhs tape that makes it feel older.

Yeah, I got there in the end, but it was deffo the VHS scan lines that were throwing me off. Also the fact I refuse to believe 2005 was 16 years ago.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:
2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I was at that game. Were we not winning 3-0?

We were if memory serves me correct, hence the reason my Dad was going nuts at the equaliser😆 

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

One of the last great taches in the game too. 

The Accies game from yesteryear that I recall clearly was a Scottish cup third round tie in 1998/1999.
The first tie had been drawn 1-1 at Love St and it went to a replay.
In between the first tie and the replay the winner had been drawn to play Rangers in the fourth round. That was a big prize for us back then and would have been a much needed money spinning tie.
We were all in the same stand, I think the ground was Firhill but not 100% sure. Do remember Fergie being in good form up against the partition for the full 90 minutes. I never realised a man could swear so much until that night, what a character.
The game was brutal, we lost 1-0 and then Tommy Turner kicked off the dressing room door. Not only did we not get the big money tie, we got hit with a bill for a new door.
Then Accies went on to lose 0-6 to Rangers in the fourth round.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

The Accies game from yesteryear that I recall clearly was a Scottish cup third round tie in 1998/1999.
The first tie had been drawn 1-1 at Love St and it went to a replay.
In between the first tie and the replay the winner had been drawn to play Rangers in the fourth round. That was a big prize for us back then and would have been a much needed money spinning tie.
We were all in the same stand, I think the ground was Firhill but not 100% sure. Do remember Fergie being in good form up against the partition for the full 90 minutes. I never realised a man could swear so much until that night, what a character.
The game was brutal, we lost 1-0 and then Tommy Turner kicked off the dressing room door. Not only did we not get the big money tie, we got hit with a bill for a new door.
Then Accies went on to lose 0-6 to Rangers in the fourth round.

Gary Wales winner, I believe. I watched it on teletext in my room at uni. I'd even lined up for the landlord of the pub we lived on top of to show the game if we got through.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, I got there in the end, but it was deffo the VHS scan lines that were throwing me off. Also the fact I refuse to believe 2005 was 16 years ago.

I think that might be my clip which I could only get onto the PC by hooking my relatively new (at the time) TV tuner gadget to the video recorder. The tuner did let you watch digital TV through the computer, which would have been much better quality, but recording stuff didn't work as well with that. There's a few other, similarly poor quality clips on YouTube from me for similar reasons - Charlie Adam's last minute winner against Queen of the South being one.

Some useless, nerdy information for you there 

Edited by Stu

29 minutes ago, Ric said:

38 subscribers! I didn't realise you were an influencer Stu.. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPvLW0cHN1WUABcytRbgHww

Christ knows why I've got that many 😂

I've got tons of clips from the early/mid 2000s that I downloaded from the official site at the time. If I was thinking I'd have uploaded them all during the first lockdown. 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I think that might be my clip which I could only get onto the PC by hooking my relatively new (at the time) TV tuner gadget to the video recorder. The tuner did let you watch digital TV through the computer, which would have been much better quality, but recording stuff didn't work as well with that. There's a few other, similarly poor quality clips on YouTube from me for similar reasons - Charlie Adam's last minute winner against Queen of the South being one.

Some useless, nerdy information for you there 

You're posting that for the attention of a man who still has a box of scart leads (and various other obsolete items) in his loft just in case it ever comes in handy. So I absolutely love the nerd detail.

We were if memory serves me correct, hence the reason my Dad was going nuts at the equaliser[emoji38] 
All sparked by our keeper ( might have been Les Fridge) picking up a pass back ( the rule was reasonably new) to concede a free kick inside the box. He handed the ball to the Sons player who immediately put it down, tapped it sideways for his team mate to roll it into an empty net !!!