P&B Ranks: The Top 42 Video Games of All-Time

Miguel Sanchez

Oblivion is still better than Skyrim and I say that having replayed both recently. Oblivion is a proper RPG for a start where Skyrim is watered down. Oblivion has better main quest and guilds. Oblivion has much better DLC. 

Skyrim looks nicer, has friendlier combat and has better mods.

1 hour ago, Avon Barksdale said:

I loved both Oblivion and Skyrim.

Me as well.

I played Skyrim first and absolutely loved it. Played it multiple times since.

First time I played Oblivion I didn't like it. Felt it was a total slog and just couldn't get in to it.

Played it again last year and it was brilliant. Not sure what changed but just really enjoyed it.

I've heard folk say that the Shivering Isles DLC is the best DLC ever, and I don't get it. I thought it was decent but no more than decent. Could reel off multiple DLCs that are far, far superior.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I've heard folk say that the Shivering Isles DLC is the best DLC ever, and I don't get it. I thought it was decent but no more than decent. Could reel off multiple DLCs that are far, far superior.

In any game ever or in Elder Scrolls?

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

In any game ever or in Elder Scrolls?

I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim (tried Morrowind last year but had to turn it off it was so bad), so any game, but also Skyrim.

Shivering Isles was the best DLC of its kind until a good few years later. You could play it now and maybe not be that impressed but it is still right up there with my favourite add on content in any game.

I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim (tried Morrowind last year but had to turn it off it was so bad), so any game, but also Skyrim.

Aye of course. DLC has got to the point where they could be their own full title but as Gigi says below it was cool for the time. I haven’t played it in about 14 years tho so imagine it’s aged horribly (seen folk say the mental health stuff is a bit dodge).

Shivering Isles was the best DLC of its kind until a good few years later. You could play it now and maybe not be that impressed but it is still right up there with my favourite add on content in any game.

Yea, for the time I was impressed at how expansive it was. Obviously it won’t stack up to something like Blood and Wine or Knife of Dunwall/ Mooncrash but in 2006 it was a revelation on console (especially after the initial Horse Armour debacle).

Well Shivering Isles is literally about madness, and the two sides of the mad god, Mania and Dementia. Didn't really find it too controversial.

IN 3RD PLACE, WITH 41 POINTS FROM 6 VOTES

Grand Theft Auto V.png

Game: Grand Theft Auto V
Platform: PlayStation 3; 4, Xbox 360; One, PC
Release date: 17 September 2013
Gameplay:

Poll-maker comments: This is the last of the games I've played. I remember when I played this for the first time (7+ years ago). After I was left on my own I just drove and was stunned. As much as there have been locations in games that stick with me and have lots of depth and character, nothing has compared to that first drive through Los Santos. It was... real. It was a real place, and I could drive around in it. Great soundtrack, great times co-ordinating the online heists with an online chat and no mics, just the absolutely perfect size and scope of open world game. Trevor was shite, though. 

Sometimes I think about the conversation where Michael calls Trevor a hipster and I think about ending it all but then I think about Non Stop Pop and it pulls me back. Fucking hell is Flylo FM and NSP just two of the best radio stations of all time. Radio Soulwax is class anaw.

12 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Sometimes I think about the conversation where Michael calls Trevor a hipster and I think about ending it all but then I think about Non Stop Pop and it pulls me back. Fucking hell is Flylo FM and NSP just two of the best radio stations of all time. Radio Soulwax is class anaw.

They're good, but they're not Vice City radio stations good.

17 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

They're good, but they're not Vice City radio stations good.

That's correct because they're better. I want Kara Delevingne calling people a w****r in between George Michael and Lorde.