P&B Ranks: The Top 42 Video Games of All-Time

Miguel Sanchez

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

PnB: Let's have a vote for the best games ever

PnB: nUmBER 26 wAS VAstLY unDERAted!  (no idea what 26 was)

Also PnB: nUmBer 6 oN tHe LisT wAs ShIiIiITe!

Considering 9 of my 10 went out in the first 25 slots or so I'd be inclined to agree this take. 

TLOU is clearly just like McDonalds, everyone will choose it for a quick option but it's more for the casuals that don't really like proper food. 

;)

Edited by Stormzy

Considering 9 of my 10 went out in the first 25 slots or so I'd be inclined to agree this take. 
TLOU is clearly just like McDonalds, everyone will choose it for a quick option but it's more for the casuals that don't really like proper food. 
[emoji6]
If you've only played 20 minutes of it you're not really best placed to judge it tbh. I love the game but it took me a good couple of hours before I got used to the controls. I hated them to begin with as I recall.

Even now when I play it back it takes me a wee while to get back into the swing of things.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you've only played 20 minutes of it you're not really best placed to judge it tbh. I love the game but it took me a good couple of hours before I got used to the controls. I hated them to begin with as I recall.

Even now when I play it back it takes me a wee while to get back into the swing of things.

I'm old enough to know what I like, I was tricked though I thought it was some fast paced zombie shooter game not some slow stealth based thing. 

It all comes down to play styles etc. These lists are typically topped by open world RPG-type games but they're generally just not for me. I think the last one I actually played to completion was Oblivion. I've played many of them since but usually for a few hours then I get bored as there's so much going on that you're not really engrossed in the main story.

Maybe I'm just weird but some of the most fun I've had playing games is Overwatch which will never appear on any list like this due to being MP only, and Until Dawn which is more of an interactive horror story than a game and so will pretty much never be found on lists like this either.

I think it'll be a quite interesting follow-up to run some kind of bracket with the top 64 or so games.  Loses any kind of objectivity by just being a straight nomination, and gets all the head's gones in early.  

It all comes down to play styles etc. These lists are typically topped by open world RPG-type games but they're generally just not for me. I think the last one I actually played to completion was Oblivion. I've played many of them since but usually for a few hours then I get bored as there's so much going on that you're not really engrossed in the main story.
Maybe I'm just weird but some of the most fun I've had playing games is Overwatch which will never appear on any list like this due to being MP only, and Until Dawn which is more of an interactive horror story than a game and so will pretty much never be found on lists like this either.

Until Dawn was really silly but that helped it I think. Maybe the best of those kinda games.

Until Dawn was really silly but that helped it I think. Maybe the best of those kinda games.
I would've liked it if they committed to the slasher stuff and did another with the monsters (which I probably would've avoided). Slashers are great for Until Dawn's format - just look at how many Screams have been made now.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure TLoU falls into that category tbh. It's one of the few games I actually have replayed. As it's linear it has a clear beginning and end whereas an OW game has all sorts of shit to keep you occupied. Once I've finished the main story in an OW game I'm usually done with it and given the length and size of it I'm unlikely to play it again.

RDR2 is my favourite game and I put close to 200 hours into it. I think if I was to play it again it'd be about 10 years down the line when I've almost forgotten what happened in it. Even then I'm doubtful I'll ever play it again.

Thats why i couldnt go back to something like TLoU, even if when I started the replay it was hazy in the memory, eventually it would come back to me and i would progress through it lile a robot, do this here then walk here and do that here, games like that are too rigid for me to enjoy after the first playthrough

Again thats just my opinion of games, others love replaying engrossing stories because they can immerse themselves in the story again, totally understand that, 

5 hours ago, #Gary said:

I think liking the base of the game will help overcome the flaws, so certain games maybe have an edge, myself for example, absolutely loved spiderman and miles morales, open world games, with side quests and main missions that keep you going constantly, i am big enough to admit the repetitiveness of the games with regards to the side quests and the combat, however, being marvel fan means I'll accept they flaws more readily, same with final fantasy 7 and 8, enjoy the series so the repetitiveness of the turn based battles constantly didnt annoy me as much

Other open world games i fell away from (GTA series after san andreas) or just couldnt get into like Witcher 3 (can see me getting banned for that admission lol) i might get into them if i put the time into them, but that time i just cant bring myself to invest the now

15 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I think liking the base of the game will help overcome the flaws, so certain games maybe have an edge, myself for example, absolutely loved spiderman and miles morales, open world games, with side quests and main missions that keep you going constantly, i am big enough to admit the repetitiveness of the games with regards to the side quests and the combat, however, being marvel fan means I'll accept they flaws more readily, same with final fantasy 7 and 8, enjoy the series so the repetitiveness of the turn based battles constantly didnt annoy me as much

Other open world games i fell away from (GTA series after san andreas) or just couldnt get into like Witcher 3 (can see me getting banned for that admission lol) i might get into them if i put the time into them, but that time i just cant bring myself to invest the now

There's a certain mod who's more likely to promote you than ban you for that...

I've not played TLOU but I think if you take yourself out of any game far enough to review it in such ridiculous, granular detail you could score anything poorly. 

Edited by GiGi

8 hours ago, GiGi said:

I've not played TLOU but I think if you take yourself out of any game far enough to review it in such ridiculous, granular detail you could score anything poorly. 

If you mean me, you can look at things objectively and decide if they're good or bad. Lots of it was bad, so what else are you supposed to think if you don't don't like something?