Ayr v Arbroath

1 minute ago, Jazzar said:

I thought there would be changes.....just not these ones.  

It’s obvious the guy can’t win , comments all week  from fans , make changes , not good enough , need to give other a chance , he does  it , and I see fans on other sites saying there not the right changes , I think he is changing style today so needs the players to suit that 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s obvious the guy can’t win , comments all week  from fans , make changes , not good enough , need to give other a chance , he does  it , and I see fans on other sites saying there not the right changes , I think he is changing style today so needs the players to suit that 

He can win by making sensible team selections tbh. Not repeating previous failures like Zanatta up front. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

He can win by making sensible team selections tbh. Not repeating previous failures like Zanatta up front. 

I will wait to see how he sets the team up , who’s to say Zanatta will not play wide and Smith through the middle ? 

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I'm happy tbh that he's shaken it up a bit - it needed to be. And if it works, you won't hear any complaints from me at least. 

The guys leaving soon and is quite happy to fill the position , 
Hare-Reid is leaving? It feels like he's never been given a chance, despite being highly thought of for a while.

I'm fine with the changes to the rest of the team - as something new was needed.

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I will wait to see how he sets the team up , who’s to say Zanatta will not play wide and Smith through the middle ? 

Maybe this then

Urminsky

Houston

Baird

nbada

reading

walsh

muirhead

chalmers

zanatta

smith

mccowan

That’s a bold team selection from Kerr. He will get the credit if we win but leaving yourself wide open if we don’t. Two out of sorts young  players plus a youth goalie is a punt in our current position. Hopefully this is a tactical master stroke 

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Hare-Reid is leaving? It feels like he's never been given a chance, despite being highly thought of for a while.

I'm fine with the changes to the rest of the team - as something new was needed.

First part is certainly true. I imagine aspects like today and denying a loan move are behind the reason for leaving. 

Wtf is that team selection...

A 3/6/1 with Zanatta upfront? No recognised striker? Playing a last minute emergency goalie who'll have had virtually no training with defenders on how to communicate for set pieces or crosses? Why on earth would you not play your reserve keeper who has trained with the squad all season?

Oh dear......

21 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I wouldn't exactly say starting without a recognised striker in a must win game is the kind of changes fans meant! However i'm willing to see how it goes, just saying if we don't win today that team selection will get hounded and ramp up the pressure on Kerr even more.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

A 3/6/1 with Zanatta upfront? No recognised striker? Playing a last minute emergency goalie who'll have had virtually no training with defenders on how to communicate for set pieces or crosses? Why on earth would you not play your reserve keeper who has trained with the squad all season?

Oh dear......

Who on the bench is a recognised striker ? Goalie is not an issue , Ellis has not played with today’s defence in front of him , guts been training every week with a Premiership club , I think he will be ready 

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

First part is certainly true. I imagine aspects like today and denying a loan move are behind the reason for leaving. 

Totally incorrect in your thinking , and he was happy being back up goalkeeper , there was no one in for him to loan out to , also every team needs a back up and they all know there’s is the opportunity of no game time 

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Oh dear......

Do we have a fit striker other than those playing ?

I'd liked to have seen McGavin given a chance in midfield but other than that it's a decent enough looking side. Murdoch has been poor so far and Moff not contributing much, same could be said of Chalmers of course and Miller has just been mediocre so all in all it is what it is.