Ayr v Arbroath

11 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Tomorrow -
Gaston
Thompson Little O’Brien Hammy
McKenna Craigen Williamson
Moore Hammy2 Linn

Or let’s face it, Dick knows best.

I would go with last weeks team apart from Hammy2 (if fit) in for the unlucky Dools (but a good striker to call upon).

Moore on for the last 30 mins.

GASTON

THOMSON  LITTLE  TOB  HAMMY

STEWART  McKENNA  WILLIAMSON  LINN

HAMMY2  HILSON 

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.

34 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I have the absolute fear for this tomorrow which just shows you how far we have fallen. 

Don't panic, I chose the worst option for everything on the Honest Men Picks. I'm using reverse psychology, I've always backed us and we've been woeful so a change in approach was required.

1 hour ago, ecocme said:

I’m half cut so predicting a 4-2 home win with McCowan, Walsh, Smith and Moff on the scoresheet! Doolz double for the Red Lichties and a red card for Dick after he strides across the pitch to confront the ref after Ayr go 4 ahead after 15 mins 

Jeez you are a cheap date! Half cut before 8:20 lol 😂 

It really is time to change it up:

Sinisalo

Houston-Muirhead-Ndaba-Reading 

Murdoch-McGavin-Chalmers-Walsh

McCowan-McKenzie 

Murdoch to do what Geggan used to do on the right of midfield.  Houston and Reading to bomb forward on overlaps. Crosses into the box for McCowan and McKenzie.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I have the absolute fear for this tomorrow which just shows you how far we have fallen. 

Ach Arbroath at home gave me the fear even the season we won the league and we were good then.  Was it not them that Steven Bell on his debut and Jordan Hart had a comedy collision for a late winner?  

As for tomorrow, I'm stupidly optimistic that dropping to 9th might have given the players and manager a shake, and that we might see a reaction.   I really hope we see a good direct start, if we are sitting 20 mins in having the majority of the possession but creating nothing then it might well be time to switch the telly off! 

Hard to even compare teams from the last game, I thought we were unlucky to lose but was a tough one to judge due to the wind - seems there will be no excuses tomorrow as it should be a cracking day for it. 

29 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Would honestly not surprise me if Kerr started with the exact same team as last week

I'd actually like to see it being very close to same team, just in a different formation.  Not having a striker is the pisser, signing Wright when we could maybe have got Jack Hamilton ahead of Arbroath has proved to be a disaster so far.    Only change I'd probably make (and this is having never seen the guy play) is McGavin in for one of the centre mids and try a 4 4 2 with McCowan through the middle and actually up front. 

Would have Houston in for Miller too maybr but guessing he seems done somehow 

20 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Ach Arbroath at home gave me the fear even the season we won the league and we were good then.  Was it not them that Steven Bell on his debut and Jordan Hart had a comedy collision for a late winner?  

Were Arbroath not down to 10 men as well as I recall?

41 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Were Arbroath not down to 10 men as well as I recall?

You're right - I'd forgot about that.  Tom "outstanding tomorrow probably" O'Brien got sent off just before their winner.  I'd also forgot that David Hutton was their keeper,  and it's now just came back to me that I got in late and had just got on to the SRE terrace from the turnstyle as the opening goal went in.  

Screenshot_20210226-231456_FlashScore UK.jpg

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I don't mind what team he picks but the performance has to be much better.

We need to start scrapping - as this shit could get very real very quickly.

We don't have the players for that though, we used to have Adams, Bell, Geggan, Docherty, Muirhead and even Kerr to an extent, the only one left is Muirhead who going on this season only thrives at being a battler when playing with some of those other guys. 

Out of the whole squad, Muirhead is the only guy i'd be confident of putting in a fight...

12 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

I would threaten Hilson with a fine if he goes near another free kick though.

I agree with this - either Sir Bobby Linn or Williamson on the free kicks please.

Hilson has used up all his opportunities for taking free kicks - great player, but free kicks are not his area of expertise. 

Anything short of a win today will be a disaster and I think that’s what we’re in store for. Unless the midfield is drastically changed and Moffat isn’t playing as a lone striker, I don’t see what we’ll offer. We’ll get overrun in midfield which means we’ll pump the ball up to Moffat for Obrien to deal with ease.  Reckon it’ll be a draw at best, but can only see us being turned over once again.