Ayr v Arbroath

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Very good chances he’s missed? Could’ve maybe done better at Qots away I think? Awkward ball over shoulder, other than that can’t think. Think he’s had some great efforts that have just not went in for him. Hearts at home Gordon unreal save, Caley at home when he hit post from hard angle and the weekend there where the defender clears it off line after he done really well. 

Had it tough but whole team was, Bobby and Williamson plus Hilson up next to striker has totally transformed us and we’ve got a wee bit about us now.

Totally agree with this, i really cannot think of an absolute "sitter" that Doolan has missed as you say he has been very unlucky with great saves and hitting woodwork and as most people have admitted he got very poor service pre-Christmas, last week before his goal in the 1st half, his first touch was sublime before his shot but massive credit to the Raith defender who dived in to block the shot, that was not a "bad miss" that was "great defending" as there is a difference.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

18 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Not disagreeing if Hamilton is fit then he starts in front of Doolan but disagree with your statement - "but he has had plenty of opportunities to make himself our number one goal threat and hasn't delivered" - as this was in the period when we were playing one up front with little support and not scoring goals, when the Gaffer changed to 2 up front through the middle and also brought Bobby (eventually) into the team that was when we started creating chances and Hamilton was finishing them off but even Hamilton would have struggled to score in our team pre-Christmas and without Bobby in the team so i think your statement about Doolan is pretty harsh.

As you say start with Hamilton (if fit) and bring on Doolan if required.

Team playing one striker who wasnt getting support and therefore looking rubbish,  switched to two strikers and all of a sudden creating chances and winning games?  What an astonishing idea.   Wonder if there are any other teams around who that might benefit...hmmm.....

On 25/02/2021 at 07:38, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Totally agree with this, i really cannot think of an absolute "sitter" that Doolan has missed as you say he has been very unlucky with great saves and hitting woodwork and as most people have admitted he got very poor service pre-Christmas, last week before his goal in the 1st half, his first touch was sublime before his shot but massive credit to the Raith defender who dived in to block the shot, that was not a "bad miss" that was "great defending" as there is a difference.

Maybe 36-1, I think we'll score. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Maybe 36-1, I think we'll score. 

Ye reckon?  More likely to have about 40 crosses / attempted shots that are all blocked / deflected / cleared due to the fact we have taken forever passing it about in midfield letting Arbroath get bodies back and organised before we try anything creative 

Absolutely priceless, I had a chat with him and Bert Paton before the Scottish cup game with talbot, we were due to play them couple of weeks after that game. I said to him I hope your gonna stay off the park in couple of weeks he looked at me and said fair enough but it was still a penalty we got refused, I agreed with him, Bert Paton was laughing his head off a classic he said

Decent chance Linn, Hamilton, Moore and Craigen will all start.

The whole squad are all contributing - every player is putting in a great shift.

Expecting an attacking formation and a difficult choice for DC to decide who to start as every player has been well really well.

Score prediction ? 

Away win - 1-2 Arbroath.

I’m half cut so predicting a 4-2 home win with McCowan, Walsh, Smith and Moff on the scoresheet! Doolz double for the Red Lichties and a red card for Dick after he strides across the pitch to confront the ref after Ayr go 4 ahead after 15 mins 

Edited by ecocme

I’m half cut so predicting a 4-2 home win with McCowan, Walsh, Smith and Moff on the scoresheet! Doolz double for the Red Lichties and a red card for Dick after he strides across the pitch to confront the ref after Ayr go 4 ahead after 15 mins 

[emoji23] Enjoy your evening.