New Scotland boss if Clarke goes to Pacific shelf

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6831905/scotland-clarke-celtic-job/

He claimed it’s speculation to link him with the Hoops.

But asked if he can clarify his position, Clarke said: “Why would anybody say they don’t want anything? Why would I do that? I could be somewhere else in the summer, I don’t know what’s going to happen.

“Did you know this time last year we were going to be stuck in the house all this time by a pandemic?

“Nobody knows what’s going to happen, so I don’t think it’s fair you say I’ve got to knock it on the head. I didn’t start the speculation.

“I’m delighted and proud to be the manager of Scotland.”

If he gets offered it with a start date in July, he's gone.

8 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Oh so you've already changed to 'either club' and 'called them out'. I see. Backtracked a little from your earlier statement.

You're a bigot, that's why you use bigoted terms.

As is Neil Lennon. That's why he spat on a Rangers scarf and called the Rangers support 'dirty orange b******s' live on TV.

Celtic then proceeded to appoint him as manager. You'd have gone absolutely wild if Rangers appointed a manager who'd done similar to the Celtic support.

Bigots attract bigots. That's why Lennon got abuse, and because of his conduct.  And why O'Neill didn't. 90% of it came from NI too.  

Well no Pep I will freely admit the Sevco manager will be unfairly abused too. No backtracking here. Still waiting on why the term orc is bigoted when you get the chance, and if you could fabricate some audio to go along with what you claimed thanks. Quick as you can before you get banned again though.

Edited by gannonball

I don't think he's said too much wrong there to be honest. Scotland might get absolutely hounded at the euros and he might get the sack so he's right to say that he doesn't know where he will be. He also says he woukd be delighted to be in charge and take Scotland to Qatar so who knows. Its the press creating the speculation not him

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Well no Pep I will freely admit the Sevco manager will be unfairly abused too. No backtracking here. Still waiting on why the term orc is bigoted when you get the chance, and if you could fabricate some audio to go along with what you claimed thanks. Quick as you can before you get banned again though.

Booooring

1 hour ago, dysartrovers said:

I don't think he's said too much wrong there to be honest. Scotland might get absolutely hounded at the euros and he might get the sack so he's right to say that he doesn't know where he will be. He also says he woukd be delighted to be in charge and take Scotland to Qatar so who knows. Its the press creating the speculation not him

Short of him coming out in blackface or punching a baby, there isn't a chance of him getting sacked after the Euros.

The earliest he could would be once we're out of contention for the World Cup qualifiers, and even that would be uncharacteristically early for the SFA to act.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Tbf if he gets offered 3 or 4 times his current salary it’ll be tough for him to turn it down.

No way Celtic pay that much. Press do themselves no favours, if this does anything it only distracts from the task in hand.

I thought he was on c.£400k pa with Scotland and also took a 10% pay cut ?

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought he was on c.£400k pa with Scotland and also took a 10% pay cut ?

Clarke is on £400k.  Neil Lennon was on £2.4 million.

So if he went to Celtic he could expect to earn around eight times as much as he is on now.

Would be incredibly disappointed but it would tempt anyone.

However I'm sure he got a bonus for qualifying for the Euros, probably in the region of £500k to £1 million.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

If we make a massive arse of the next three qualifiers, then lose all three Euros games heavily with rumours of player unrest then it's entirely possible he could get the bullet. Things change very quickly in football.

Possibly, but the SFA are rarely particularly trigger happy.  I agree that if we lost all qualifiers, we're effectively out, but not mathematically, and I just couldn't see them doing a firefighting job and getting someone in for September.

Hopefully we never find out.

He's just trolling, IMO.

Waiting for the Celtic fans to be on their knees desperate for him to hired before he says no.

Managing Scotland in a major tournament isn't a chance he'll get again if he walks.

I don’t think the salary will be an issue should he be offered another job. Clarke is already a wealthy man and took on the Kilmarnock job when he could have earned substantially more elsewhere as a coach.

I personally can’t see him being bothered going back to the parochial world of Scottish club football but his ambiguous language gives me pause for thought.

10 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

We could get hounded at the Euros but it would be by higher ranked teams , so SSC would not be sacked

On 27/02/2021 at 22:59, Gordopolis said:
On 27/02/2021 at 20:20, Donathan said:
Scot Gemmell's full name is Scotland Gemmell. That alone rules him out IMO.

That's fine from his Wikipedia page. I think it was just a hoax?

No it's definitely true.

I read his dad's autobiography and it's contained in there. 

That's why there is only one t in his shortened name.

Archie got his wife to go home to Paisley to give birth so his kid wasn't born in England. 

Steve Clarke is a great boss. I am a big fan of Steve Clarke. He has done a good job at Scotland.

I hope Clarke stays as Scotland boss.

If in the future if Clarke is not boss of Scotland, then I would like Paul Lambert as Scotland boss one day. He is a Scotland legend. And was a great player at Glasgow Celtic, B Dortmund, St Mirren, and Motherwell. He has lots of managerial experience.

He has a mixed record as a manager. But he has had success.

I think other great targets for Scotland could include Derek McInnes.

I would prefer a Scots person to get the job. As I think we need someone with a basic understanding of Scottish football.

Steve Clarke is a great boss. I am a big fan of Steve Clarke. He has done a good job at Scotland.
I hope Clarke stays as Scotland boss.
If in the future if Clarke is not boss of Scotland, then I would like Paul Lambert as Scotland boss one day. He is a Scotland legend. And was a great player at Glasgow Celtic, B Dortmund, St Mirren, and Motherwell. He has lots of managerial experience.
He has a mixed record as a manager. But he has had success.
I think other great targets for Scotland could include Derek McInnes.
I would prefer a Scots person to get the job. As I think we need someone with a basic understanding of Scottish football.
Are you Maryhill is Wonderful?