Morton vs Ayr

Dreading this. Will be a nervy shitfest. If we lose, it's relegation playoff at best. To go 10 without a win in this league would be an absolute embarrassment, up there with Brechin's championship efforts.

The annoying thing is, we are not even playing that bad.  We are generally organised, don't give too many chances away but when we do, it's schoolboy stuff. Scoring has been our biggest concern.

On our run, It could quite easily be 9 undefeated but 9 without a win as there was feck all in the 3 defeats to Raith, Arbroath and Queens. We have took the lead in 5 of those 9 and not won once.

On the team, Get Markus back in. Seems like we sit too deep because McLean is painfully slow. Everything broke down when Blues touched it yesterday, badly need Lyon in there and Nesbitt needs bench, has been awful for ages now. Id give Johnson a start. 

1-0.

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Unless MK is gone by Saturday I can’t see me purchasing this stream which is a shame as I enjoyed Morton’s coverage last time despite the late Ayr United capitulation. I thought Andy Ritchie came across very well. 

Take my money, Morton. 

It doesn't feel like Kerr lost the dressing room so much as wasn't able to tell them what he wanted them to do, which isn't entirely congruous with a sack bounce. Still, Mor10 makes the charm in shaking the current run I reckon. Either that or another dismal pumping.

I’m actually quite worried about what White will do to the team this weekend, would go something like this. Hopefully an extra man in the middle will benefit Chalmers and allow him to dictate - last chance for him to show that he can do that if the team is set up to allow it. Also allow those outside Moffat (if no Wright) to get closer to him. 

I debated Houston or Miller. If we can get Houston a run we will be a better team with him at right back. Also thought about Smith playing up front instead of Moffat to allow Walsh to come in to the side too. 

Sinisalo 

Houston       Baird       Muirhead     Ndaba 

Murdoch McGavin Chalmers 

McCowan                Moffat                         Smith 

Wouldn't even play Chalmers or Murdoch. I'd have Norrie and Shooter in the middle and Smith as a 10 with Zanatta and Walsh on the wings. All. Depending on if Dre is fit or not, if not I'd just play McKenzie up front instead.

The idea of going into this game not changing anything just fills me with dread and I've got enough of that already with these two in charge

This should have been called the great relegation six pointer, just realised that if we lose this on Saturday we'll be 5 points adrift.

Also Morton fans when did your pitch turn into a tattie field? 

Used to be one of the better grass pitches all year round, looks even worse than ours which i thought was hard to beat.

Andy Richie 1 - 0 All other commentators

No idea what will happen in this game, will be quite something if we turn into the Davie White Black n White dream machine. However, there is probably the same chance of that as winning the euromillions the night before. Will settle for us atleast scoring a goal. 

Considering we have only managed to score in one of the last 5 games and the confidence looks absolutely rock bottom its hard to see us getting something from this, other than maybe a 0-0 shiter.   Would be huge if we could somehow pick up 3 points by any means though, would make the situation for whoever comes in look a lot sweeter.  Would be nice if Dre Wright was back, interested to see what he looks like if we played him up front with a partner 

Wright is apparently unlikely to play here and we also don’t know if Sinisalo will make it. Urminsky has gone back to St Mirren and we have called up a young guy from the under 18s. It does sound like Sinisalo will be assessed and another emergency loan will be brought in if need be.

19 hours ago, rb123! said:

This should have been called the great relegation six pointer, just realised that if we lose this on Saturday we'll be 5 points adrift.

Also Morton fans when did your pitch turn into a tattie field? 

Used to be one of the better grass pitches all year round, looks even worse than ours which i thought was hard to beat.

When it was decided to start training on it under Hopkin, either through cost cutting, attempt to be a tactical leveller or a bit of both.

It's in some state, making it a poetic representation of the entire club.

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wright is apparently unlikely to play here and we also don’t know if Sinisalo will make it. Urminsky has gone back to St Mirren and we have called up a young guy from the under 18s. It does sound like Sinisalo will be assessed and another emergency loan will be brought in if need be.

Jesus Christ, Derek Stillie the No1 on Saturday?

Along with Interim manager and goalkeeping coach lol

Has to be Doohan surely? No reason for Celtic to deny him any opportunity of meaningful game time

No manager or goalie atm for Saturday, some laugh this is turning out to be

Edited by rb123!

47 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Jesus Christ, Derek Stillie the No1 on Saturday?

Along with Interim manager and goalkeeping coach lol

Has to be Doohan surely? No reason for Celtic to deny him any opportunity of meaningful game time

No manager or goalie atm for Saturday, some laugh this is turning out to be

You can have our sub keeper.

Oh wait, we have went most of the season without one  finally signed one a month ago but there is still no sign of ever having a sub keeper on the bench.

44 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

How's our record on 'must-win games against opponents in crisis who can't buy a win and whose fans are telling us it's a walk-over'?

Can't be too dissimilar to ours, we've thankfully managed to stop the rapid capitulations in place of overly cautious and extremely slow build up play which leads to nothing.