Next Ayr United manager

Just now, Iain said:

I'd take Joan Collins over Malky Mackay.

Actually they play similar styles McKay is a better manager though quite clearly but he said something bad in a text message and the WOKE Ayr fans won't forget it

Still dreaming of the day they find there Naboubian Princess in rainy Ayrshire so exotic 

7 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

George Burley played Peter Weir he was a great player Mair on the other side wasn't as good

How ever I never went away mlt getting my money worth most Satardays 

I would love to get back to that standard of football it was very exiting

When the f**k did Burley have us playing great football with Weir as a wing wizard.

Just now, ayrmad said:

When the f**k did Burley have us playing great football with Weir as a wing wizard.

Before my time.

I have to say I for one am shocked that Tammy's grasp of facts is so poor. Up until then his posts have been well reasoned and factual.

30 minutes ago, Iain said:

I'd take Joan Collins over Malky Mackay.

I imagine if she took the Ayr job she’d try a build a bit of a football dynasty at the club.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

Weir was mid 30's and passed it when he came to Ayr, 1 season and retired if I remember rightly. Most of Burleys time was mid table 1st Division, we did get to the final of the B&Q cup twice which seemed like an achievement back then

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

McIntyre has applied for the job you doughball, you better get on the phone and   tell him he is not allowed to apply as he stays too far away 

So that's who you've placed your bet on then 👀

If McIntyre was to get the gig you'd expect he would want to bring Billy Dodds with him.

Idk

Dodds has a good gig with the BBC right now and you’d imagine that would interfere with coaching duties. We’d probably have to make it worth his time financially for him to come to us.

I’m sure Skyline Drifter said when McIntyre was at QOS then Dodds helped out during the week at training but wasn’t present on match days.

McIntyre might opt to bring someone like Gerry McCabe who he had at Dunfermline I think.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Idk

Dodds has a good gig with the BBC right now and you’d imagine that would interfere with coaching duties. We’d probably have to make it worth his time financially for him to come to us.

I’m sure Skyline Drifter said when McIntyre was at QOS then Dodds helped out during the week at training but wasn’t present on match days.

McIntyre might opt to bring someone like Gerry McCabe who he had at Dunfermline I think.

Perhaps

Would maybe want Dodds on a flexi role during the week like you stated at Queens and have McCabe as full-time assistant. 

Was looking at Jim McIntyre LinkedIn and he has got Dunblane as his location so it's hardly a million miles away in the outer hebrides like suggested by others.....

Perhaps
Would maybe want Dodds on a flexi role during the week like you stated at Queens and have McCabe as full-time assistant. 
Was looking at Jim McIntyre LinkedIn and he has got Dunblane as his location so it's hardly a million miles away in the outer hebrides like suggested by others.....

He’s clearly desperate to get back into work given he’s applied for our job twice now. Strikes me as someone who’d be away at the first sign of a Premiership gig but if he kept us this season I’ll be happy.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s clearly desperate to get back into work given he’s applied for our job twice now. Strikes me as someone who’d be away at the first sign of a Premiership gig but if he kept us this season I’ll be happy.

Was linked with recent Motherwell and Kilmarnock jobs too, unsure if he got to interview stage, if he did it does make you wonder why he keeps getting turned down.

Can see where you're coming from but i think you could say the same about Hopkin or McCall (Stuart), depends if Smith states in interview that he wants manager to commit to 3-4 years to try and get us to Premiership?

McIntyre has a decent record, couple of specifically good seasons at Ross County when they won the league cup, i'd take him and be pretty pleased. 

If we're looking for a guy who'd likely not jump ship at first opportunity i'd say Houston would be best bet, he'd maybe want to do a couple of seasons then move into a DOF role at club if we go down that route in the future? That's a bit far in advance i know.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Idk

Mcabe at Brechin the now assisting Michael Paton. See Doddsy many times at Queens games. 

Enjoying the freak out at the suggestion of Craig Levein as it's unrealistic, while simultaneously not batting an eyelid at Stephen Robinson who would be a considerably bigger coup than Levein.
Not really.

Think getting an ex Hearts, Dundee Utd, Leicester and Scotland manager would be a bigger coup than an ex Motherwell manager.

McBookie closed the book on Billy Stark then Ian McCall got appointed. They also quoted a price for George Grierson at that time. Next time around the court of public opinion gave the verdict that Sandy Stewart was a certainty. Historical precedent indicates that all of the names being discussed at the present time could be wrong. 

7 minutes ago, ftk said:

Not really.

Think getting an ex Hearts, Dundee Utd, Leicester and Scotland manager would be a bigger coup than an ex Motherwell manager.

Levein - hasn't been a success since leaving Dundee United in 2009, played a significant role in relegating Hearts in his last job, unlikely to get a Premiership job again

Robinson - finished third with Motherwell last season, was linked with bigger moves while at Motherwell, ruled himself out of the Kilmarnock job after leaving

Neither are particularly likely, but Robinson is considerably more fanciful.