Next Ayr United manager

From what I have heard, if someone on the SRE told me today was Wednesday, I’d check a Callander to make sure.

He could have a second interview, out of 100 applications, you would expect 10-20 to be time wasters, probably another 10-20  who have the qualifications and no experience and probably another 20-30 undesirable.

out the remaining 20 or 30 they will make a shortlist for interview, he may have an interview, I’d think the shortlist would be most of the names we have seen, maybe a wildcard somewhere 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/long-read-boss-david-robertson-on-real-kashmirs-battle-for-i-league-title-as-five-teams-share-kolkata-hotel/amp/

Interesting read. Still not convinced he’s the right man for the job but it does seem he’s done a decent job with very limited resources.

I think there is an overall agreement that there is no overall agreement on who is the best candidate.

And I think that there is an even split across many, that are seen as “meh” appointments.

Whoever is installed is going to be a gamble, and more than likely, will have failed previously.

The only thing we can do when they are installed is watch with great anticipation as to how the team play and the results thereafter, and hope that we get lucky and that the fit is right.

The key things for me are:

1. Attitude - someone who does not suffer fools gladly - might come across as a bit “old school” but someone who will put a rocket up some of the arses of our squad.

2. Experience - someone who has been round the course before - if we have aspirations of promotion - we need someone who knows what it takes to be a winner.

3. Style of play - this, I think has become more important over the last few years - we had become a team of ballers - swift passing, goal scoring, entertaining teams. This might end up flying in the face of “winning at all costs” and “winning ugly” but why can’t we get both?

There is no way the chairman is going to know by means of 2 zoom interviews how his appointment is going to turn out - only time will tell. Good luck 🤞🏻

We are in a different situation to previous times, Cameron was fresh to Scottish football where Smith, being an Ayr fan for years will no doubt have his own opinions on the candidates in both personal and professional terms. So people like Mark Wilson or Barry Ferguson, with a big media profile should be excluded immediately 

Hopefully Smith has a wee side list containing 2 or 3 that may not have applied, surely clubs do their own homework previous to managers leaving.

Something of a concern given most of his time has been spent in the US and India, however have to give him some credit for getting a new team promoted and competing in the top division, all on very foreign soil. Will need to watch the documentary but seems done without any major investment. You’d think he’s still have plenty contacts here.

6 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Something of a concern given most of his time has been spent in the US and India, however have to give him some credit for getting a new team promoted and competing in the top division, all on very foreign soil. Will need to watch the documentary but seems done without any major investment. You’d think he’s still have plenty contacts here.

It's actually a very good watch,proves nowt about his ability but does prove his dedication and belief in himself. 

Certainly can't imagine him using our surface as an excuse too much. 

Edited by ayrmad

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Someone on SRE saying Davie Robertson is in advanced talks. Not sure how reliable. 

Homer Simpson GIF

I wouldn't take him too seriously btw, don't think he's a reliabe source, he'll likely be just saying that....

33 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

If I remember correctly from the second series nearly all his players were locals bar a couple plus his son Mason (ex Stenny / Peterhead) and Kallum Higginbotham. 
I would have the absolute fear about him bringing his son and trying to shoehorn him into the team. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-rebuild-proved-step-23597532
Kerr to sign for Alloa would be banter (and very worrying)

Don’t think he can sign for them now given he wasn’t a free agent when the January window shut.

I think a player-assistant role would be Kerr’s best bet for next season. No doubt he could still play at this level.

While you can't doubt the passion Robertson's shows in the two Real Kashmir documentaries and it was interesting to watch he did come across as someone who'd start more fires than they'd put out.

Not sure that's what we need and as others have said it's probably an agent starting rumours and some gullible people believing everything they read.

Also given games are coming quickly I doubt we'd hire a manager if he was required to quarantine for 10 days on arrival.