St Johnstone vs Hibs

That was one awful game of football from 2 awful sides in an awful league during an awful season (excitement wise)

I endured it with an awful hangover which made it all worse.

It’s been said already but it’s crazy how everyone else is that bad that we are 3rd, we’re such a boring team and shelling balls forward constantly where St Johnstone have centre halves that win absolutely everything is quite something.

Definition of madness etc.

I’ve said this already about the closed doors effect possibly playing a part but we are just so dull.

After my stomach not being able to keep down water and throwing up roughly 2 pints of it during the first half, I think I’ll give the cans a miss tonight, enjoy your night, Saintees.

Edit: Bringing Hallberg on btw, what the f**k was that all about?

Edited by Les Cabbage

19 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Why is Jack Ross getting such an easy ride?  

Much like McInnes, his reign seems to be judged on the incompetence that came before him, rather than his own ability.

Just now, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Boohoo

Clever response.

I am unbothered about today - but as I said earlier the league is crap. The teams outside of Rangers are all fairly poor.

I dont think you can disagree with that when Hibs and Aberdeen have 3rd and 4th sewn up - and both teams are very very poor.

That says a hell of a lot about the rest of the division...............

1 minute ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

This is when you know we’re succeeding. When opposition fans start saying how bad the entire game is when they get beat by Saints. Laugh!

I made that point during the game champ, I didnt need this match to tell me the league is crap quality.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Much like McInnes, his reign seems to be judged on the incompetence that came before him, rather than his own ability.

Ross and McInnes are currently 3rd and 4th in the division.

If the managers are so dreadful (and some Aberdeen fans are now baying for his head) then what does it say about the other 8 teams below?

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I made that point during the game champ, I didnt need this match to tell me the league is crap quality.

All about perspective and expectations I guess. If my team was sitting 3rd in the league I’d be delighted.

It’s sad if Hibs fans like yourself can’t enjoy being up the right end of the league staring at Europe. 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's great how you just know absolutely nothing but carry yourself like one of the Terrace boeys isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Ross and McInnes are currently 3rd and 4th in the division.

Well yeah, which is exactly where both clubs should be.

McInnes and Ross will tick both clubs away in 3rd/4th until the end of time, but you'll never push on or win trophies under them.

What Ross has done with Hibs this season should be average, not your best season in years.

Funny the way these Hibs boys ignore the fact both they and Aberdeen have the best players in the league outwith the old firm because they have the biggest budget outwith the old firm. It would be pretty catastrophic from the managers if they weren’t 3rd and 4th... particularly when a pandemic makes everyone else poorer.

1 minute ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

All about perspective and expectations I guess. If my team was sitting 3rd in the league I’d be delighted.

It’s sad if Hibs fans like yourself can’t enjoy being up the right end of the league staring at Europe. 

I know that, but the football for us  (and at Aberdeen) is really shite.

Despite that, the fact we did well earlier in the season means those 2 clubs are nailed on to be 3rd and 4th.

I appreciate your team is still "fighting for the top 6" but its not really that much of a prize, is it? Certainly not like winning the cup last weekend?

IMO all the other clubs outside of Rangers are boring us to death in the league - I am absolutely not slagging off winning a cup as that was great for you guys.

But basically, unless those teams get papped out the Scottish Cup and give us all a shot the rest of the season is a fucking borefest.

27 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

See mine a few pages back.

The league is garbage.

f**k knows how any of the clubs will market STs for next season.

The football served up by JR this season has, for the most part, been absolutely eye bleeding. We don’t seem to have any distinct playing style or structure, it’s just lump the ball forward and hope Doidge wins it. 

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I know that, but the football for us  (and at Aberdeen) is really shite.

Despite that, the fact we did well earlier in the season means those 2 clubs are nailed on to be 3rd and 4th.

I appreciate your team is still "fighting for the top 6" but its not really that much of a prize, is it? Certainly not like winning the cup last weekend?

IMO all the other clubs outside of Rangers are boring us to death in the league - I am absolutely not slagging off winning a cup as that was great for you guys.

But basically, unless those teams get papped out the Scottish Cup and give us all a shot the rest of the season is a fucking borefest.

I mean, are you new to Scottish football or is this just a wee strop because you lost?

If you're only interested in winning trophies then Scottish football has been "shite and pointless" for all but 2 clubs for about 30 years.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, are you new to Scottish football or is this just a wee strop because you lost?

If you're only interested in winning trophies then Scottish football has been "shite and pointless" for all but 2 clubs for about 30 years.

Correct. Only Celtic and St Johnstone win trophies. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah, which is exactly where both clubs should be.

McInnes and Ross will tick both clubs away in 3rd/4th until the end of time, but you'll never push on or win trophies under them.

What Ross has done with Hibs this season should be average, not your best season in years.

Ross has been Hibs manager for just over one year and could take us into one of the Euro group leagues that make us a fucking fortune.

But you seem to be advocating that his year in charge requires him to be booted.

Is that where we are with managers of "larger but not that big" clubs now? One year?

1 minute ago, Zamora Fan said:

Funny the way these Hibs boys ignore the fact both they and Aberdeen have the best players in the league outwith the old firm because they have the biggest budget outwith the old firm. It would be pretty catastrophic from the managers if they weren’t 3rd and 4th... particularly when a pandemic makes everyone else poorer.

I dont think any Hibs and Aberdeen fans would ignore that.

Quite the opposite.