Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Why the “oh dear”?

The first part of the 'dream team' is supposed to be announced. I am not looking forward with any great enthusiasm to next season.

Hence oh dear.

I'm not heading to the bridge yet though. Brown hasn't been announced.

It was never going to be anyone but Glass. Cormack's take away from his discussion with Fergie was that the Chairman should have a good relationship with the Manager. 

It seems that Sheerin may have begun to embed some of Glass' style, going by Saturday. 

Time will tell if it's to be strap in for excitement or strap on for a fucking, Georgia style. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

It was never going to be anyone but Glass. Cormack's take away from his discussion with Fergie was that the Chairman should have a good relationship with the Manager. 

It seems that Sheerin may have begun to embed some of Glass' style, going by Saturday. 

Time will tell if it's to be strap in for excitement or strap on for a fucking, Georgia style. 

Get ready to squeal like a pig, boy. Squeal like a pig. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

43 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The first part of the 'dream team' is supposed to be announced. I am not looking forward with any great enthusiasm to next season.

Hence oh dear.

I'm not heading to the bridge yet though. Brown hasn't been announced.

This is exactly what was always going to happen. Fans desperate to get Derek McInnes out of the door, and unless Pep Guardiola was announced, the same fans would be on Dave Cormack’s back with the next appointment. I don’t know if you were one of the “Derek oot” club or not, but this is what is going to happen throughout our fanbase. I have no knowledge or idea what Stephen Glass is going to be like as our manager as we have nothing to go on, so why would you be immediately fearful for next season with no basis for that fear. Again I would ask our fans, who had an inkling that Derek McInnes could change our fortunes as drastically as he undoubtedly did when he was appointed. Did you say “oh dear” then as well?

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This is exactly what was always going to happen. Fans desperate to get Derek McInnes out of the door, and unless Pep Guardiola was announced, the same fans would be on Dave Cormack’s back with the next appointment. I don’t know if you were one of the “Derek oot” club or not, but this is what is going to happen throughout our fanbase. I have no knowledge or idea what Stephen Glass is going to be like as our manager as we have nothing to go on, so why would you be immediately fearful for next season with no basis for that fear. Again I would ask our fans, who had an inkling that Derek McInnes could change our fortunes as drastically as he undoubtedly did when he was appointed. Did you say “oh dear” then as well?

I'm never one for sacking managers but I could see that his time was up. I was just worried about the ability of Cormack to find a manager to maintain the level of mediocrity that McInnes gave us. 

I've seen the years of poor appointments lasting a couple of years and then changing for more of the same to be a bit wary of an unproven manager and a very unpopular assistant/player coming in. 

I really hope I am wrong and it proves to be an inspired appointment bringing a trophy, top 3 finish and a European group stage. Obviously not in his first year because with this form, we're not qualifying for Europe.

Edit: Forgot to answer your last question. I wasn't over the moon with McInnes appointment but I certainly didn't have the sense of dread that I have just now. I will always back the manager until we sack the manager. 😁

Edited by Suspect Device

2 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

He'll be gone by the end of the year.

yep, with us in 8th

"we need a manager who plays attractive football, challenges for the league title and the cups every year" - Most fans

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's probably a gamble given his lack of experience, but I said the same thing when we appointed Gerrard so it could go either way. He's obviously shown something to get the job.

Gerrard was always a winner though and an excellent appointment for many reasons.

Only thing Glass has won is a Coca Cola bike.

Edited by red23

Totally underwhelmed by this appointment.

Screams of nepotism from Cormack

Good luck with the season ticket sales and AberDNA as you're going to need it

Regarding Brown, don't know where to start with him, so will say nothing further.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Is Allan Russell still set to become striker coach for us?

Just thought he will have gone from working with Kane etc. to absolutely nobody as we currently don't have any strikers signed up for next season.

Will be an interesting contrast for him - going from showing Harry Kane how to be a striker, to the futile coo's erse and banjo training sessions at Cormack Park.

Doesn't matter who the manager is McInnes had some pretty bad luck with injuries. Not many seem to give much sympathy or attention to the fact.

A new manager won't get the current bunch scoring goals.

The team was playing brilliantly with Watkins, Wright and Hedges. We lost all 3.

Also sold Cosgrove (and McKenna). 

Not exactly a mystery that we can't score goals, is it?

Edited by red23

17 minutes ago, red23 said:

Gerrard was always a winner though and an excellent appointment for many reasons.

Only thing Glass has won is a Coca Cola bike.

Except Gerard was an utter disaster as the manager of the Liverpool youth team and was *ahem* moved into a different role at the club. Its clear its the backroom team that have taken Sevco to the title rather than the actual manager.