Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Except Gerard was an utter disaster as the manager of the Liverpool youth team and was *ahem* moved into a different role at the club. Its clear its the backroom team that have taken Sevco to the title rather than the actual manager.

Plus Gerrard despite all the advantages he has in this league in spending tens of millions they don't have (sounds familiar!) won f**k all for more than 2 seasons . That included the much maligned Mcinnes putting him team out of 2 cups in 1 season.

Gerrard is not a fair or accurate comparison to Glass at all.

Shamelessly stolen form AberdeenMad.

Source has been spot on in the past so no cause to doubt it on this occasion.

Deal is 99% done, may even be announced within 48 hours.

They very much come a package. Alan Russell will be announced as part time until he is clear of the England set up in the summer, very well respected with their national set up, and will be a link for younger English talent.

Scott Brown has been doing some recruitment already, with 2 giving their words of coming with them. both internationalists.

The hold up is in the detail of how Stephen Glass can take over asap given the quarantine rules. Dave Cormack wants him in place for the cup tie, but..............

Alex Neil would have been on the radar, but already has a job lined up in England.

14 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Except Gerard was an utter disaster as the manager of the Liverpool youth team and was *ahem* moved into a different role at the club. 

That's just straight up lies.

16 minutes ago, red23 said:

Doesn't matter who the manager is McInnes had some pretty bad luck with injuries. Not many seem to give much sympathy or attention to the fact.

A new manager won't get the current bunch scoring goals.

The team was playing brilliantly with Watkins, Wright and Hedges. We lost all 3.

Also sold Cosgrove (and McKenna). 

Not exactly a mystery that we can't score goals, is it?

I mean there's no doubt injuries and the player sales have been an issue but there's more than enough there to be doing better than they have. Even if the Strikers were to go on a bad run as they have there should be more than enough attacking players in the rest of the squad to pick up at least some of the slack.

1 goal in 10 games with better options than most of the teams in the league isn't really defendable to me?

8 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Shamelessly stolen form AberdeenMad.

Source has been spot on in the past so no cause to doubt it on this occasion.

Deal is 99% done, may even be announced within 48 hours.

They very much come a package. Alan Russell will be announced as part time until he is clear of the England set up in the summer, very well respected with their national set up, and will be a link for younger English talent.

Scott Brown has been doing some recruitment already, with 2 giving their words of coming with them. both internationalists.

The hold up is in the detail of how Stephen Glass can take over asap given the quarantine rules. Dave Cormack wants him in place for the cup tie, but..............

Alex Neil would have been on the radar, but already has a job lined up in England.

Hopefully not Vancouver_Don. 

My head is all over the place here. I was fully behind Derek McInnes and was annoyed by all of the negative posters on here, and on social media, who wanted him gone for the past few seasons. “ If McInnes isn’t gone I won’t be renewing my season ticket and nae chunce I’ll be renewing AberDNA.”  Now he’s gone I will get behind the new manager, probably Stephen Glass, and he’s not even been announced yet and we’ve got loads of fans slagging him off before he’s in the f*ck*ng door. “If that’s the height of Cormack’s ambition I won’t be renewing my season ticket and nae chunce I’ll be renewing AberDNA.” 

Give whoever it  is  at least one match before throwing them in the sea.

Folk moaning that Derek McInnes was binned with no-one in place to take over, and now when it seems that there probably was someone earmarked to come in asap, it’s nepotism and we didn’t check every candidate out. 

Jeez.

25 minutes ago, red23 said:

Doesn't matter who the manager is McInnes had some pretty bad luck with injuries. Not many seem to give much sympathy or attention to the fact.

A new manager won't get the current bunch scoring goals.

The team was playing brilliantly with Watkins, Wright and Hedges. We lost all 3.

Also sold Cosgrove (and McKenna). 

Not exactly a mystery that we can't score goals, is it?

🤣

Who would have known that signing players with a history of injury along with rushing players back from muscle injuries would lead to a culture of injuries at the club?!

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

My head is all over the place here. I was fully behind Derek McInnes and was annoyed by all of the negative posters on here, and on social media, who wanted him gone for the past few seasons. “ If McInnes isn’t gone I won’t be renewing my season ticket and nae chunce I’ll be renewing AberDNA.”  Now he’s gone I will get behind the new manager, probably Stephen Glass, and he’s not even been announced yet and we’ve got loads of fans slagging him off before he’s in the f*ck*ng door. “If that’s the height of Cormack’s ambition I won’t be renewing my season ticket and nae chunce I’ll be renewing AberDNA.” 

Folk moaning that Derek McInnes was binned with no-one in place to take over, and now when it seems that there probably was someone earmarked to come in asap, it’s nepotism and we didn’t check every candidate out. 

Jeez.

You shouldn't get yourself this worked up in your 70's, Joey.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Jeez.

I don't know if you'd call it nepotism but its certainly something like that.

He's hardly got the job on merit after 18 months managing Atlanta's B team. That isn't a CV that would normally have you within a million miles of the Aberdeen job. 

He's been brought in as he's one of their own who they clearly had earmarked for this role a while ago.

It could be brilliant, he could do an amazing job. Or it could be terrible, we have no idea as he's done nothing in management to earn this role so we have nothing to gauge him on.

I don't think Aberdeen should be sacking their third best manager of all time to take a punt on a novice but that's what they've done. Time will tell if it was smart or not, but it does have absolute disaster written all over it. 

As does Scott Brown, who also has done nothing whatsoever in management or coaching to get a role like this.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Can see Aberdeen back to their natural pre McInnes level of finishing around 9th most seasons now.

I think they'll back him in bringing in players as they'll want to make sure its a success. And the guy from England they are bringing in is proven so he is like a security blanket for the whole project.

So it will probably go okay in the short to medium term. But they are taking a big chance, and can't really afford to drop any further than 4th every year, anything under that is pretty damaging. And there's no guarantee they'll manage that. 

Just seems crazy to me, the boy Cormack sounds like the typical business type that comes into football not having a scooby about the game and thinking its like other businesses.

I was astonished to learn he wants to reduce the capacity of the new stadium to 18k as he believes reducing supply will increase demand so allow them to hike prices and make more money. That's just a guy who did business at Uni and thinks business 101 can be applied.

If you want to grow a club like that its a long-term project. I would build as big a stadium as they can sensibly aspire to, say 25k. Then hand out about 3000 tickets to every school in Aberdeen for every home game, with the stipulation any kid under 16 has to be accompanied by an adult, who will pay say a tenner.

This way you grow crowds and get the next generation into the habit of coming to watch Aberdeen. Then when they're older a lot of them would keep coming, and you gradually nudge up prices to increase revenue but always keeping it affordable and sensible.

It would take 15-20 years but its the only way it can be done. 

Even if Glass works out, it’s clearly a bad process. The problem Aberdeen fans have is who’s there to stop Cormack making bad decisions? 

This is the problem with ownership models where one man reigns supreme. There’s no one there to tell him when he’s being a fucking idiot

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Even if Glass works out, it’s clearly a bad process. The problem Aberdeen fans have is who’s there to stop Cormack making bad decisions? 

This is the problem with ownership models where one man reigns supreme. There’s no one there to tell him when he’s being a fucking idiot

That was certainly the case with David Murray....Even the fans embraced the fucking idiot

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Definitely worth listening to Sevco fans advice on ownership models.

Whyte , Dave "glib and shameless liar" King , David "EBT's and debt mountain" Murray.

Maybe the spend until you go bust approach is the model to aim for? 

6 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Definitely worth listening to Sevco fans advice on ownership models.

Whyte , Dave "glib and shameless liar" King , David "EBT's and debt mountain" Murray.

Maybe the spend until you go bust approach is the model to aim for? 

I mean, a) Dave Kings “ownership” approach is very clearly different from the monarchical approach that Murray, Whyte, Dave Cormack and countless other chairman have employed, b) the fans absolutely hated David Murray, c) Kings approach of having a load of “supporter-investors” also has its downsides, but I think it is largely preferable to the alternative when fan ownership through a CIC isn’t possible/ready.

Owners always get off very lightly in football. Which is odd, because most of them are very bad at their jobs. A better owner doesn’t give the most important job at the football club to his mate with (apparently) no support above him.